who will be the chosen one,

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by EmptyForceOfChi, Mar 20, 2006.

1. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

to start the revolution?.

theory/s?

peace.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

what revolution? there won't be one

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

you dont think so?

i think english and american people will get fed up with this constant BS from the gov and rebel, im not saying im going to instigate anything directly but yeah.

peace.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

nope, deff not.

How, who and what would replace our exisiting governments, we have elections to sort out that problem, WE (mass majority not me+) vote them back every time meaning Majority want them or rather they don't want the alternative, and what is the alternative?

There will be no revolution.

8. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

if not a complete revolution, then mass rebel movement, maybe claiming small sections of land and claiming independence, ie claiming a small off coast island and then claiming for independant government.

that is possible.

peace.

9. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

Nope not possible,

small bands of merry men don't have the resources of the governments, so they would quickly be identified and over powered, labelled terrorists and treated accordingly.

10. Oxygen One Hissy Kitty Registered Senior Member

No revolution. People are too used to their daily luxuries to give up anything substantial for anything other than a direct assault on their personal worlds. You might get the fringe group (or that's how they'll be depicted in the media), but to see the general populace getting motivated enough to do anything besides gripe around the water-cooler is too much of a stretch of the imagination.

The BS we're being fed isn't anything new. It's been going on for centuries. Most people just accept it for BS if it doesn't have a direct impact on their personal worlds and get on with life. They'd much rather let the other guy stick his neck out. Even back during my favorite period, the American Revolution, most colonists went along with whoever had power in their particular area at the time. Let the Hancocks, Adamses, Jeffersons and Washingtons run around and get their butts shot off. Leave the spying to John Andre and the bloodbaths to Tarleton's Legion. Just leave us alone.

I admit I'm quite cynical about the public in general. Most of their protests consist of little more than getting together and shouting their opinions at passing cars while counting on the trends of the press to exaggerate their numbers. Mostly they seem to just sit around and hold signs until the cameras show up, then they start stomping and shouting. As soon as the cameras leave they sit down again or else it breaks up. (I've been to a few in the San Francisco area just to see what goes on.) It's mostly just a venting of frustration and as long as they stay peaceable it's well within their rights.

11. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

yeah true, we cant be penetrated by a secret underground network of rebels,

thats impossible. we are the almighty U.N of the universe

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

peace.

12. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

all of the violent riots of the past mean nothing then?.

you think mass riots with armed people is impossible?

peace.

13. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

have any of these rioters succeeded in over throwing a super power? could they? erm NO, IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN

14. SoLiDUS OMGWTFBBQ Registered Senior Member

I honestly doubt that such a revolution will ever occur again. But hey, it makes for nice movies though...

15. Oxygen One Hissy Kitty Registered Senior Member

Impossible? No. Improbable? Yes.

16. AmishRakeFight Remember, remember. Registered Senior Member

If there is a "chosen one", he is most likely somewhere in a Third World Prison, being denied phone calls and access to outside life. Tell the CIA your welcome!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

www.cia.gov

AmishRakeFight

17. emusquire Registered Senior Member

I will be the chosen one, because I'm your god!

18. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

i agree with this,

but i think people will only take so much,

peace.

19. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

thats the spirit.

peace.

20. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

The idea of a 'revolution' appeals to the young, but most eventually come to realize that a revolution wouldn't fix anything.

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss.

A revolution would only make the problems worse.
    Look at countries that get a new government every week. They're doing really well with their revolutions, aren't they?

A government requires stability. Once the revolutionary line is crossed, then it becomes easier to have another revolution. And another. And another.

The problems must be fixed within the system.
    This is the only sensible solution.

21. Da Vinci Impossible is nothing Registered Senior Member

A revolution must happen in every country for the country to (in the long run) be successful and prosperous. Will a revolution happen? I don’t know I know a lot of people who want one. Will a revolution be good for us? Again no one knows.

22. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Prove it.
    I think you're making it up.

I thought you just said that a revolution was vital to being prosperous and whatever? Thus, you're saying that you know that a revolution would be good for us.

I think you'd be in for a nasty surprise though.

Revolutionaries.
    Pah!

Yeah. Idiots who think they'll get a better deal. If it weren't for the fact that I'd suffer for their idiocy as well, I'd say that I'd like for them to get what they deserve. A revolution. I'd love to see them in misery saying, "It seemed like a good idea at the time!!"

23. cooljayman Hangover's Best Friend Registered Senior Member

Chuck Norris, biatch!