Who likes the Sandman?

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Hypercane, Jul 8, 2004.

1. Logically Unsound wwaassuupp and so on Registered Senior Member

i still cant be bothered to find out who/what it/he.she is.... sorry.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Arditezza Banned Banned

I love Sandman, and also have the entire series bagged, and the graphic novels (so I don't screw up the comic with my oily and acidy fingers.) David McKean's artwork was so complimentary to Gaiman's story, it was like a watching a masterpiece unfold every time an issue hit the store. The story is intricate, and the plot is as rich as the characters he created. Destiny, was one of my favorites. His look and character were so interesting to me. The series is made of storylines, short stories, but also of a greater tale that really sneaks up on you and begs you to read more. It's really an incredible series.

There are seven beings that are not Gods,
    that existed before humanity dreamed of Gods,
    that will exist after the last God is dead.
    There are seven beings that exist because,
    deep in our hearts, we know that they exist.

There are seven beings that are called the Endless.
    They are, in order of age, Destiny, Death, Dream,
    Destruction, Desire and Despair, and Delirium,
    who was once Delight.
    -Neil Gaiman

Neil Gaiman is a genious. His books and short stories are also incredible. If you haven't read Neverwhere, you should. I've actually heard him tell stories in a small bookstore here in Chicago one evening. Was one of the highlights of my literary fandom. Next I want to meet Clive Barker.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Hypercane Sustained Winds at Mach One Registered Senior Member

Like I said earlier, Neil Gaiman is a genius. So I agree with you. When you read the Kindly Ones, you are just literally blown away, as you see the whole series connecting to this one point. Astounding.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Arditezza Banned Banned

He's really an incredible storyteller in person as well. If you ever get the chance, try to see him. He's really neat.

Have you read any of his books?

8. Hypercane Sustained Winds at Mach One Registered Senior Member

I am currently reading American Gods, I love it so far, but nothing can beat the Sandman.