Who is the Best Moderator???

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by Zakariya04, Sep 2, 2007.

?

best mod

1. Stryder

9.4%
  2. SAM

18.8%
  3. Skinny Walker

18.8%
  4. Spidey

6.3%
  5. Absane

3.1%
  6. Athelwolf

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Avatar

3.1%
  8. Cris

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Fraggle Rocker

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Goofyfish

3.1%
  11. invert_nexus

6.3%
  12. kmguru

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. Pete

3.1%
  14. superstring99

15.6%
  15. Tiassa

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  16. Tristan

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  17. vslayer

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  18. Other Option

12.5%
  19. (Q)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Ripley Valued Senior Member

Ah. But it's not a story.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

Chewing gum

what do you mean it is not a story?

what do you infer by this?

~~~~~~~~~
    cheers
    zak

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

i should be a moderator, i am neutral and not bias towards much.

peace.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Bells Staff Member

Good heavens!

It has been over a month and you're still carrying on about that? Don't you have something better to do? Anything at all? Even Satyr has not come back, since his ban has expired, to speak of his supposed anger and dismay at the thread being closed. But here you are, still beating the dead horse. Does that tell you anything? I am sure he is somewhere, having fun, glad he has you on your prancing pony, his knight in shining armour, to defend his honour.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

As to whether I warned him or not. Can I ask, what business is it of yours if I did or did not warn him via a PM? Having done so in the past, I found them to be totally ineffectual, usually having the opposite affect. Regardless of that, do you expect me to let you know if I am about to send him or anyone else a PM? Hmmmm.. I guess I missed that memo. Honestly, go relax somewhere. Have a sauna or something. Let it go. I shall say it again, slowly. Let. It. Go.

But thanks for letting us know that he has to be drunk to have the balls to speak out about anything.

Zak!

How are you my dear? I hope the family, as well as yourself are keeping well?

Satty was banned for 30 days. From what I can see his ban has expired. So he is probably off somewhere having a good time.

8. Ripley Valued Senior Member

You're too funny, Bells. But your sense of grasp isn't all that acute, is it, dearest? Wasn't it your knight in shining white armor who keeps harping on and on, acclaiming your name forever and ever? most delighted and amazing one? Believe me, I had to do something worthwhile to prevent myself next time from bowing when reading of your amazing grace. Lol. So anyway, I just made one tiny little remark and that was going to be that. Oh, but your fan was curious to know more and more and more. And he persisted. And persisted. Culminating with the above quote written. just. for. you.

I should hope not; he might have a cunning sense of style and timing for such things? —like all weird artists. Anyway, it would've been tactless to spring back so soon, wouldn't you say?

Whoa. Chilly. Trying to abate the effect of that one, huh? Lol. Well, let me see… I'm a regular poster. Satyr is a regular poster. You're a moderator overseeing our posts. Enough said. …Well, apparently not because this thread is all about moderators, and there's another one over there, and another over there, and another everywhere! It's all so brilliant! It's the year for moderators at SciForums! It's also our business, apparently, what it is you do as moderator. Dearest amazing one.

Just as I thought. No sense for protocol; no scruples, no sense of responsibility. And this attitude might also reflect your equally subjective sentiments about what threads under your care are deemed effective or not. Never mind that it has substance or not.

Ah. Turning the tables on me won't work, most amazing one. Let's just keep to each other's side, right? —you're a moderator and Satyr is a writer. You locked his intellectual property. He got pissed. He got banned. And now everyone thinks he's a foul racist. … Na. I simply observed. And it all seemed so fuckin' unfair.

Is that how you house-clean, Bells? sweeping things under the rug? Tsk-tsk.

Again—your amazing grasp of human nature totally astounds me.

LOL! You said that already!

----------------------------

Now I suppose S.A.M. or Stryder will hone in and save you by locking this thread. Typical.

9. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Nah we're having too much fun watching you jump around in a pseudohissy fit

10. Ripley Valued Senior Member

Glad to accommodate, oh second amazing one. Salaam. Salaam.

11. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Why would we need to lock the thread?

I ask you politely to stay on the actual topic of the thread rather than hijack it for your own amusement. As spamming the forum with your petty grievances could be portrayed as 'Trolling', which is frowned upon. So please, don't do it.

12. Bells Staff Member

Is there a protocol? Or is it a courtesy? You tell me.

My responsibility was to ensure the thread stayed on topic and to stop flame wars from taking hold. Alas, it did not and one did occur. Complaints were received and the thread was locked when the topic of discussion had moved on to hair colour. The interesting points of discussions were few and far between. Had Satyr wished to keep it open, he could have behaved accordingly, before the thread was closed. But he did not. As you have said yourself, he has been here long enough and therefore should have known better. He chose not to. Surely you are not saying that because he is a writer, and a somewhat witty one at that, his writing should receive no criticism and we must all bow to all his whims? How delightfully 'Hollywood' of you.

There was a reason why all those threads were suddenly brought back to the fore. It was not out of whimsy. Maybe you are aware of it, maybe you are not. At the end of the day, his thread was closed due to it having gone completely off-topic. The decidedly bitchy nature of its rebirth was not appreciated by many and its degeneration into a pit of flippancy had made it completely ridiculous. The thread is still there if anyone wishes to relive the moments. If they wish to open up another thread to discuss the interesting points, by all means, they should do so. If Satyr wishes to reopen the discussion with another thread, he is quite welcome to do so. You could as well.

If he did not wish for his intellectual property to be placed in a moderated medium, he should have posted it elsewhere. He posted his writings in a public forum, moderated by others and once he posted it, he had no control over what happened to it. In short, if he was concerned about his intellectual property, he should have acted a bit more wisely in its regard. He chose not to.

Read through some of his posts. Those charming messages he left just before he was banned by the admin was not the first time he has voiced such views. And why do you care what others think of him? I am sure he does not.

And now you are an avid participant. Bask my dear.

No. I tend to suck it up in a vacuum cleaner and dispose of the rubbish in the bin.

I have been away for a little while and had no idea what was going on. As to Zak, I shall be sending him his $50 in the mail promptly.

I'm a big gurl and can take care of myself. Question is, who is going to save you from the little hissy you are throwing?

Anywho, lets get back on topic...

As to who the best moderator is.. I can't choose, nor do I wish to.

13. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

I voted for myself

14. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

I am.
    Unfortunately, for you poor sods, I am not a moderator on this particular site.

That was Gir. I LOVED that show!

15. Ripley Valued Senior Member

Stryder. Listen:

I DID NOT HIJACK THIS THREAD BUT MERELY *RESPONDED* TO QUESTIONS ASKED BY Zakariya04. CAPEESH?

16. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

No.
    Capiche.

17. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

I knew it was Gir, but errrr was close enough. And that was a great show. I loved the one where Zim was exiled to FoodCourtia.

18. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

Hi
    I am well thank you, and the family are good too, thank you for aksing.

I hope you and your family are well too.

~~~~~~~
    best wishes
    zak

19. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

Hi Cheqing Gum,

hummm this is not entirely correct.

You actually brought Satyr up first cos when i said the Amazing one is best you said Ask Satyr, so i asked you to elaborate as i did not know about it. I found it compelltely unfair that you were jumping on the Amazing one and i wanted to find out more info, now we have both sides of the story which is good, isnt it?!!?

As for Satyr, i ahve not conversed with him much and have no biones to pick with him

~~~~~~~~~
    thanks
    Zak

20. Ripley Valued Senior Member

Hello Zakarita04,

Hmmmmmm. Nope. I'm correct.

In fact, I said as much. You conveniently? overlooked it? I made a "tiny little remark" in general about the amazing one's amazing qualities not being shared by all members—I cited Satyr as an example. I figured everyone would know what I was referring to.

How was I to know you were ignorant of one of the most glaring incidents that happen recently at SciForums? There was even a thread about it. And as proof to this, no one else ventured to know what I was talking about; just you.

And, contrary to what Stryder and Bells might be hoping to assume—and here again the evidence can be deciphered in the progression of our short correspondence here—I didn't seize an opportunity to attack Bells: had you left well enough alone, nothing more would have elapsed.

Anyway, I wasn't speaking to you in particular for I deliberately didn't compose my initial remark—nor my second reply or even my third posting—in such a way as to invite a dialogue with you.

End of story.

————
    Regards,
    Chewing Gum

21. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

HEllo chewing gum

thank you for your response.

i apologise for wasting you undoubted valuable time.

Thank you for the info anyway and i will try harder in future to be online when the shit is going down so i dont have to ask you to elaborate on anything in the future, should you mention anything in passing.

~~~~~~~
    cheers
    zak

22. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

23. Xev Registered Senior Member

Have you read any of Jhonen Vasquez's comics? They're a bit played out by now but Johnny the Homicidal Maniac is a great read.