Who goes to heaven?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Adam, Oct 13, 2002.

1. Jolly Rodger Banned Banned

i think there is a bit more to then being christian or just leading a good life. I think it is more the abillity to join both of these together. Being christian and leading a good life.
    After all why would you be worried about not going to heaven if you didnt believe in it in the first place.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Qiothus II Majikal Man Registered Senior Member

That is a nice thought, but if He would forgive us all, then why would He ever punish anyone? Isn't that just too easy? That leaves so much room for evil then. That is why I can't bring myself to ask for forgiveness, I don't think I am deserving.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. MShark Registered Senior Member

Qiothus II

I don't think that God is forced to punish us. Forgivness is a pretty cool idea. If we had to earn our way into heaven I know for sure that I would be screwed. One nice side effect of believing that God forgives me is that I can forgive myself.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

i'm going to heaven, even though I am an atheist and a sinner. I'm a catholic, been baptized, did my communion thingie...i'm basically set for heaven.

good that I wasn't born a protestant...would have gone straight to hell.

8. Firefly Registered Senior Member

And how many heavens are there, anyway? There's a third one mentioned somewhere in the Bible. :bugeye:

9. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

i am going to the one with the good view and heated swimming pool

10. Firefly Registered Senior Member

But that one doesn't have cable.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. biblthmp Registered Senior Member

Centuries later? All of Paul's letters were written within 30 years of Jesus' death, for he was executed less than 35 years after Jesus was. I have no idea, where the idea of Centuries came in. The whole New Testament was written, less than 70 years after Jesus death. John wrote the Revelation in the late 90s, and that was the last letter written in the New Testament.

12. biblthmp Registered Senior Member

The Judeo/Christians believe that there are 3 heavens. The first being all that one can see on earth, during the daylight hours. Yes Earth is the first heaven. The second heaven, is all that one can see on a cloudless, moon-less night. The third heaven, is the place of the righteous dead, the place where God visibly dwells.

13. biblthmp Registered Senior Member

And on what biblical scripture, are you basing this hope on? Or have you just been lulled in to a false sense of security?

14. biblthmp Registered Senior Member

The Judeo/Christians believe that there are 3 heavens. The first being all that one can see on earth, during the daylight hours. Yes Earth is the first heaven. The second heaven, is all that one can see on a cloudless, moon-less night. The third heaven, is the place of the righteous dead, the place where God visibly dwells.

15. BLASTOFF Registered Senior Member

There is no heaven
    no supreme being

16. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

it doesn't really matter...it is not like god exists. Hence you might be lulled in a false sence of security.

and these things are not written in biblical scriptures. If the catholic church decides it is so then it is so.

17. biblthmp Registered Senior Member

So then when Jesus said, "He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned." Mark 16:16

And, "Truly, truly I say unto you, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." John 3:3

He had no idea what he was saying in either case, huh?

18. sycoindian myxomatosis> Registered Senior Member

is the xtian heaven and muslim heaven separate? id like to go to the one where virgins are promised

who needs cable after that..