Who do you think Jesus was?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by dybyib, Dec 24, 2010.

1. John99 Banned Banned

That is very interesting and nice to see a new, unbiased\rational, perspective. I tend to go a little further with the theatrical\creative aspect of many, possibly all, the other characters mentioned. The Greeks, afaik, started what we view now as theatre and it spread all over from there, we know it certainly was popular in the Roman Empire and most characters we would not even know about. Or maybe even someplace like Egypt, i have not looked into this enough. Probably wont either but at some point we need to consider human nature and common sense. I never really gave too much consideration to flat out "sun worship" for the simple facts that humans identify with humans but mentioning this gets people too excited.

I see it more as once a character made up for creative purposes the lineage would not change. I also think that in an effort to make more of and by extension increasing the value of individual theories (to increase effect) people envision these characters as having much more significance. IOW's they are adding to the story instead of accepting it for what it was. I cant really see ancient people believing in characters with green skin, 30 feet tall etc. These people were more sophisticated than they get credit for and certainly had active imaginations.

Another interesting image i found was an ancient depiction of Hercules, it was on Wikipedia and i can go look for it, also interesting was that it was from India. I was looking at it and it was carved in stone a frame around the image and it just reminded me of a television or as if the artist drew it as though on a monitor. Not hard to envision that it was a reproduction of something viewed probably from a stage. Also the image had depth so it was not a flat image.

There was never any break in adherents, this is powerful evidence of a human figurehead. Although i dont know much about "Orpheus" so cant comment on it. O)f course, from the time, finding things in written form is hard to come by. Most people could not write or even had anything to write on...especially the average person.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2011
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.