Who do you think is the most under/over rated Star Wars character?

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by UberDragon, Jun 3, 2002.

1. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

Awesome. I have no doubt that the movie will be cool and fun, but will it actually be good, and be as much of a pop-culture phenomena as the last? Curious.....

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. JadedSapphire Registered Member

I hate Luke...he's such a...a...goody goody- I like him when he temporarily goes to the dark side and wears black leather *merow* ^.~

The one I would of liked to see more of is Master poof of the Jedi counsil- I mean he's the best mind bender out there- he should like confuse some bad guys and such. I would have said vader but then episode one and two came out, yes!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

I happen to think that Luke is pretty cool--I mean, his character is the ultimate hero-from-nothing that we can all aspire to. Although he is a goody two shoes, he still kicks major ass.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. UberDragon The Freak at the Computer Registered Senior Member

That's what makes him the goodie-goodie. It is a very cliche, rags-and-speedsters-to-Jedi-and-saving-the-galaxy-from-oppresion role. I've always preferred the storylines when Luke is just a minor character. If you want good characters, look at people like Kyle Katarn or some of the comic book characters or the Jedi counsel members. Some of their stories are pretty interesting. Like Plo Koon's.

8. Master Jimas Parsa Registered Member

Northwind: "Remember that Jedi Knight in the big battle with the green skin and tendrils for hair?

According to the packaging for his action figure, his name is...

...wait for it...

KIT FISTER!

"What can I do for you today, Master Fister?"

hoohooheeheehahahahahaha...now THAT'S underrated!"

I just wanted to correct you his name is Kit Fisto not Fister.

JadedSapphire
    2 posts
    I hate Luke...he's such a...a...goody goody- I like him when he temporarily goes to the dark side and wears black leather *merow* ^.~

The one I would of liked to see more of is Master poof of the Jedi counsil- I mean he's the best mind bender out there- he should like confuse some bad guys and such. I would have said vader but then episode one and two came out, yes!

I totally agree with you JadedSapphire mentioning the Jedi Council. I really would have like to see the other members give insight to the discussions we see in Episodes 1 and 2. Not just Yoda, Ki-Adi-Mundi, and Mace Windu. Nothing against these 3 but I would really like to hear Plo Koon speak because of his breath mask he has to wear.

Cory
    203 posts
    Underrated: Darth Mauhl, I mean he got it bad because he was in a crap movie but dude was GANGSTER! Cool make-up, he actually looked scary, he's more mobile then Vader (not saying he can even be compared but...) I mean compare lightabre battles from now to then, way more action-packed now. I understand what Cactus and Lesion are saying when it comes to the sword fights being a little uhhhhh, dramatic but I agree with Cactus, I mean c'mon! They're LIGHTSABRES! And I thought the Phantom Menace dual was breath-taking. Plus he killed Qui-Gon. So basically I think Darth Mauhl got the shit end of the stick cuz he was in The Phantom Menace but I think he made the movie watchable.

Over rated? Maybe Count Dooku? What did ya'll think of him?

I totally agree with you Cory. Count Dooku was over rated. Plus he looks totally stupid when he uses the Force Push( he pretty much puts his whole body into it. If he's so strong in the force he should only have to use his hand. I also hate it when he taunts Obi-Wan "Surely you can do better".

Moderator Edit: Your posts were merged.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2003
  9. bandwidthbandit Registered Senior Member

R2-D2. He is the little droid that could by delivering important messages and constantly saving the Skywalkers hides! He keeps their ships running, their secret plans safe, and is always willing to go into harms way when needed. He's the unsung hero of the entire Saga. So can we get a big BEEP! in the house for our buddy, our pal, our favorite astromech droid, R2-D2!

10. UberDragon The Freak at the Computer Registered Senior Member

Hey, here's a thought.

If C3PO is always following R2 around, does that mean that R2 is the man in the relationship? I mean 3PO is pretty wussy, but that could be attributed to the fact that he is like 3 feet taller than R2 and always gets hit by blaster fire and such.

11. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Underrated: jar jar bink...

he is underrated, because he is much worse than most people say...

12. bandwidthbandit Registered Senior Member

That's kind of sexist in a way. Because you're assuming A) women follow men around and B) are weaker than men. I never really assigned genders to these characters. I always thought 3P0 was supposed to be a know it all bigmouthed chicken little. While R2 was the spunky one who prefered to act instead of standing around talking about it. They are oposites and it helps create tension and comdey between them.

13. Cowboy My Aim Is True Valued Senior Member

Overrated: C3PO and R2D2. All they do is whine and get shot, respectively.

Underrated: Boba Fett. He should have been a main character from the beginning.

14. UberDragon The Freak at the Computer Registered Senior Member

calm down, BWB

It was something my people like to call a joke. Let's spell it out children: J-O-K-E

If i offended anyone, i'm sorry

15. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

Settle down and save it for the Ethics section.

16. jps Valued Senior Member

Last edited: Jun 29, 2003