who caused evil

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by geeser, Jun 2, 2007.

1. VitalOne Banned Banned

Well I don't think you can remember...just like the many past memories, dreams, etc...you can't remember....

Yeah, exactly....you don't want to have a nightmare or bad dream, but your ignorance causes it....similarly you don't want to suffer, you don't horrible, miserable, terrible things to happen, but your own ignorance causes it...

God didn't "let it happen", it happened by karma, karma is the imprinted thought-energy on you, if you were in the kingdom of God, it could've never happened...

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. ashura the Old Right Registered Senior Member

Fine, you wouldn't tell her, but that's what you would believe?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. lightgigantic Banned Banned

there are many things I wouldn't discuss pertaining to philosophy amongst the emotionally distraught

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. ashura the Old Right Registered Senior Member

You didn't answer my question.

8. lightgigantic Banned Banned

not only did I give you an answer (the answer was "yes" if it escaped you) but I gave you a reason for my answer

9. ashura the Old Right Registered Senior Member

Heh, I should have been clearer. I was curious as to whether or not you really believe this:

not if you believed this:

10. Dan the Man84 BAD BOY FOR LIFE Registered Senior Member

hahahahaha

Good one

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. Dan the Man84 BAD BOY FOR LIFE Registered Senior Member

wow, so you believe that evil can be used to make others better....that sounds like complete bullshit....for several reasons....

Number 1, evil often makes people even MORE evil. An example is child molestors; a child molestor is likely (90% likely) to have been molested when they were younger. What kind of fucking purpose would that serve?

Number 2, a hurricane hitting a large town or city. Sure, many people would become "good" by helping the unfortuante, but many would also become more brutal because of the storm. The rules of nature would than apply: stealing for food, killing and murder for survival (or greed).

Evil serves no purpose except to make people even MORE evil....and to create MORE EVIL PEOPLE. Let's face it, God created evil because HE/SHE is half evil itself.

12. kerux Registered Senior Member

shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it? Amos 3:6

Amo 3:6 Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?

Amos 3:7 Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.

How can you reconcile this "seeming" prophet? Don't cut dear; it's an old trick.

13. geeser Atheism:is non-prophet making Valued Senior Member

yes, he states god will do nothing at this time, but has shown god has revealed himself to be, the direct cause of evil, to his servants and prophets.
    your point is?.

Amos 3:8: The lion hath roared, who will not fear? the Lord GOD hath spoken,
    who can but prophesy?

14. lightgigantic Banned Banned

so is your question whether I believe the mother of a murdered child is in a suitable emotional state to understand philosophy?

Dan
    for one it could serve as a result to a previous sinful activity of the victim
    once again, as above

if that was the case evil would go on unchecked at an exponential rate - since that is not obviously the case, there must be something wrong with your thesis

At a guess though I think you are just taking into account a small spectrum of this earthly life as the all in all and haven't really contemplated the vastness of universal time and the extremes that may ensue from things finding their natural balance

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2007
  15. kerux Registered Senior Member

So?

And you think you can but prophesy? LOL you cannot, because you've not heard GOD.

16. geeser Atheism:is non-prophet making Valued Senior Member

rotflmao! has anybody.