whites more evolved?

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by OverTheStars, Aug 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gravity Deus Ex Machina Registered Senior Member

Blue - do you believe there should be NO social safety network for anybody? Food stamps, health care, educational help . . . etc? You a ''Randian'' type of boy?

I just read something interesting - the degree of upward social mobility in the USA (poor becoming rich) is the lowest in the industrialized world! Dreams of hard work paying off are really a pipe dream. Sure there are VERY rare exceptions, but pretty much you are born into the social/monetary status you will die in.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Norman Atta Boy Registered Senior Member

If we ever discover ET or if Et ever discovers us, then we'll find out if ET is either black or white or even gree for that matter. That should settle the question which color or race is more evolved..........

Yob Atta

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Gravity Deus Ex Machina Registered Senior Member

If too thing are different does that mean one *must* be better than the other? Their can't be differences in evolution, one has to be MORE evolved than the other?

What if the ET is a quivering mass of transluscent protoplasm?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. neoclassical Banned Banned

Differently evolved, for different purposes. Africa is a far different environment than Europe or the Americas or the Caucasus region.

In my view, what is important is that each group has its space, and they do not assimilate each other, as that produces failures of societies.

8. Norman Atta Boy Registered Senior Member

As long as ET can tell the difference between male and female translucent protoplasm is all that counts........

Yob Atta

9. Blue_UK Drifting Mind Valued Senior Member

Grav, a goddam trojan redirected my browser upon posting. My post is lost. (friends computer, idiot has no firewall!)

To quickly summerise:

Social security: yes, with a but.

Upward mobility: agree; as education not available in poverty.

Afirmative Action: doesn't give jobs to wholely unsuitable candidates.Therefore, it just addresses racial discrimination in the recruitment process. As % of black educated differs from white, % of higher workforces SHOULD NOT = % of pop.

Word use: too != two. And yes if 'two' things are different the chances are (when criteria has been specified) one will be 'better' than the other. But I don't like this 'more evolved' term, I think that's one thing everyone is on common ground with.

ET: his climate different to ours; not comparable. Eeeee Teeeee fuck off.

10. Gravity Deus Ex Machina Registered Senior Member

Yeah, I spotted the "too/two" aftwards as well, but wouldn't want to spoil a chance for you to correct me - so no editing. Your welcome.

And your point about ET? Slight variations in home continent climate and resources are also what result in the slight differences between human races.

11. Blue_UK Drifting Mind Valued Senior Member

My point about ET? Assuming his species to be 'more evolved' (subjected to selection over a longer period of time) and comparing his skin colour to ours is no way to base a conclusion. Selective pressures in his enviroment may have given skin pigmentation different functions, such as: camo, sexual, warning or photosynthesis. Which is why he was told to F.O.

I grow very tired of this thread.

Also, that's you're welcome!

12. Gravity Deus Ex Machina Registered Senior Member

My, my. . . now I'm certain you never make mistakes, semantic or otherwise, and so it must be difficult to restrain your judgement. But I would caution you that nightly neck strengthening excercises would be a good idea.

From a personal safety standpoint, hauling an ego like that around can be dangerous. So please, keep that neck strong!

13. Blue_UK Drifting Mind Valued Senior Member

I use a brace like Evid Merrion (Bo' selecta)! If my ego were ever to escape its magnetic field, it would annihilate all matter on this shitty planet.

I always proof read my posts/emails, although I might make a typo' from time to time. Confusing there/their/they're however, is unforgivable. As is phonetic errors like most/must or ridiculous usage of the apostrophe or comma.

Anyway, feel free to catch me out whenever you can!

You certainly won't be beating me logically. (/me tightens support cable to head)

14. Gravity Deus Ex Machina Registered Senior Member

One could spend the rest of their life being a grammar cop on this forum alone. Its pretty obvious that there are those who are so illiterate that it is pointless harping on them about it, andthere are those who are so obviously well read that mistakes are clearly just that . . . MISTAKES.

I'm a freelance writer with several hundred articles published, but I do very much sing the praises of spell-checking software and editors! And, more stream-of-conciousness writing such as we see here, obviously is going to have a higher error rate. Especially since those of us with a life don't feel the need to carefully re-read and check our posts in an inconsequential bickering/gathering place such as a little internet forum!

So, thanks for the offer/challenge of trying to ''catch'' you. *My* ego requires no such input, and again - it would be an endless task to try and be the self-proclaimed editor of this place. But please, if it floats your boat . . . keep at it stud.

15. Facial Valued Senior Member

I grow tired of this thread as well. It needs to be closed. Please, moderators?

16. Blue_UK Drifting Mind Valued Senior Member

I don't often bother trying to correct people - if they don't know now they never will.

You on the other hand should know better!

Freelance writer? Science stuff I hope.

17. Gravity Deus Ex Machina Registered Senior Member

Good grief you prick, I DO know better . . . however, being a mere human, *I MAKE MISTAKES*.

Bye, bye you arrogant twit!

18. Pentagon John Registered Member

I'm impressed. It is rare to find one so elightened that s/he realizes "race" is a ficticious/imaginary term with no basis in science. Discussing "race" is like having a discussion on the color of your "soul." Unfortunately it is a term/concept legitimized and forced on us by our government (if you live in the US).

I would take exception with the ending qualification "we are all equally evolved, to the geographic region we live in." People of all traits live in all areas of the world...an effect of advanced travel and our ability to invent things like jackets and air conditioners...the "where we live" no longer has any "evolutionary" significance.

19. Blue_UK Drifting Mind Valued Senior Member

Race is just a word. I may not speak for others, but I use it to refer to the different sets of humans as characterised by their features and geography.

Whether or not this differs from most people's definition I don't know, but obviously there is a scientific basis in mine.

Arguing about words is the bane of any discussion.

20. s0meguy Worship me or suffer eternally Valued Senior Member

all you people who think this guy is beiing a racist are not intellectual (definition: intelligent and knowledgeable: having a highly developed ability to think, reason, and understand, especially in combination with wide knowledge)

21. s0meguy Worship me or suffer eternally Valued Senior Member

Btw, I just thought this was funny, when you work on Aruba (caribbean island, netherlands antilles) you get discriminated for beiing white.

22. SKULLZ Banned Banned

Dictionary definition's of race:
    1.A local geographic or global human population distinguished as a more or less distinct group by genetically transmitted physical characteristics.
    2.A group of people united or classified together on the basis of common history, nationality, or geographic distribution: the German race.
    3.A genealogical line; a lineage.
    Humans considered as a group.

However the definition of racist is:
    The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.

So being a racist according to definitions has NOTHING to do with hate crimes,although could lead to hate crimes,but not defined as such.

Any country who appears to have a "we are the greatest nation in the world" stance is racist by definition.

I hear people say "america is the greatest nation in the world",i tell em
    "sorry youre a racist!"
    you just cant say that,next time someone says that im gonna threaten them with legal action.

23. Blue_UK Drifting Mind Valued Senior Member

I just say they're wrong!

Anyway, is picking a black man over white one to play the part of a black man in a film racist?

I, and most others, would say not. Even though it implies that a black man is superior with regard to playing blacks.

I define racism as "prejudice on account of race".
    I define predudice as "a bias without foundation".

Each of those words are pretty much interchangable with the given phrase.

To quote myself:
    We all know what it means to be racist. Although the extent to which the Americans are jingoistic is unbelievable, it's not really racism. For example a British person would not cry if they saw a union jack on fire wheras an American would most likely have a cardiac arrest in the equivilent event.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.