when?

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by Dryzalaxean, Aug 3, 2008.

1. kaneda Actual Cynic Registered Senior Member

Humanity is a virus infecting one of possibly trillions of trillions of planets. There has been five extinction level events on this planet in the last 600,000,000 years. If there was another one tomorrow and it wiped us all out, the universe would continue as though we had never been.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Dryzalaxean Registered Member

well im still sticking with that we shoud atempt to ensure our survival

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. orcot Valued Senior Member

the first anatomicly modern homo sapiens sapiens apeard 130 000 years ago. Look what humanity did the last 5000 years and look again what they did the last 200 years
    Honnestly the exodus won't be for your lifetime but it will happen

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

Yes. Look what we did.
    The exodus shouldn't happen.

8. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Agreed. What if we find an inhabited planet ?

9. Dryzalaxean Registered Member

im pretty sure by the time were ready to leave this planet, we will have the technology to make sure that were economicaly freindly with any other planet... the only reason y we fucked up this planet is bc we found oil

10. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

Look a little further back in history and you will think that was a foolish statement.

11. Enmos Valued Senior Member

You remind me of Draqon...

12. Dryzalaxean Registered Member

who knows what th future will hold for us, i hope that we do leave and colonize another planet within my lifetime, and by that time i do hope that all humans will get along, instead offighting over pointless gestures and actuly evolve, and actuly change history rather than repeating it

13. orcot Valued Senior Member

Have you ever actualy met this species? You might as well forget the whole ala stargate evolution thing where humans and were the point between the fallen angel and the rising ape, we 're not going to change

14. Meganeura The Stuff Of Dreams. Registered Senior Member

He is talking about a fictitious species apparently.

15. Meganeura The Stuff Of Dreams. Registered Senior Member

Is humanity caught up in mass selfdelusion or something? It appears people dont want to see how destructive our race is. We dont deserve to expand into the universe. We should learn to peacefully coexist with within our own environment first. Fat chance of that happening.

16. Harro Registered Senior Member

When we a create technologically supreme conscious being that will be in the image of man. Year of the 777th orbit of the galaxy central the first supreme being will eat the Fruit of knowledge and of good and evil and will determine the fate of every person who ever lived. The chosen will be judged on there ecofoot print left behind in the guarden of Eden, 3rd planet from the star who's light gave birth to Life. Cast out will be them that ate from the tree of life and failed to plant a single seed. From dust to dust nature cryed on the darkend planet. Into the Heavens the rest rejoyced.

17. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Well, I certainly like the intend of your religious "interpretation". But are you serious ?

18. Harro Registered Senior Member

Yes and No Im joining the hypothetical discussions, but the thing about mythological predictions is they pass on imagery of what the writter see's is the major concern of his belief. In my case I believe we need to look after the sacred earth.

Mythology has lots of insights into nature, if you remove the myth from the view point of the writter. Try reading the bibble and remove what you believe to be myth and you can then interpret the message from the writters point of view.

In past times memories where stored oraly and told as stories, myth was a great way of remembering many beliefs with only a few words.

I feel when humans have a sence of purpose we can achieve almost anything, I really feel that we are making progress , sometimes I don't. Usually we need a catastrophy to change our ways as often repeated in history. Fortunatly many can see whats happening and many have already started to work for a more sustainable way of living. Ive heared people complain about the eco-rich but atleast it better in my mind then consumer-rich.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2008
  19. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Thanks. I agree with you I suppose, but I'm not as positive about it is you are. I think humans are ultimately too stupid and arrogant to live in harmony with nature.
    Besides, some stuff has already been set in motion and I'm not sure we could stop it if we wanted to.

20. kaneda Actual Cynic Registered Senior Member

When the necessity arises and when we have sufficient technology to make it practicable.

21. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

If Earthians find beings on other planets & think they can conquer them & steal their land & resources, they will try to.
    If the natives try to defend themselves, they will be called savages.

22. ScyentsIzLief Banned Banned

Why are there always retarded posts like this? This is a science forum. Not "who can make the wittiest comment in the least amount of words" forum. Save that stuff for dating forums.

As to when?

When humans start working together, not against each other. That is quite a while away.

23. DwayneD.L.Rabon Registered Senior Member

Well......Humans could go to another planet in large numbers, or establish a tourist location on another planet that can be visted by the common person.... it could be done if large groups of people put their focus on it.
    To actually get things in motion you first need enough space craft, simular to the number of automobiles. to do this you need a company that manufactures space craft in large numbers on a assembly line, simular to that of the automobile industry.
    Take for example the Mercury Capsules, such a craft could actually be mass produced for people to vist the moon. the designs and assembly procces are already worked out.
    Generally speaking it would take 5 to 6 years for the human race to produce a space craft type transport for every human on earth if 200,000 assembly plant were under operation. Just to have tourist in transport say about a million would take less time. A automobile factory may produce 20,000 cars a year, or about 54 autos per day being brand new and sitting in the parking lot.
    Some figure have already been worked out for world emergency escape procedures, we see that each space craft would require the attention of about 72 people, this includes quality checks, assembly, testing ect.....

So clearly the only reason that the general population is not traveling space is because the people are not organized to accomplish it. Which is exactly why it is nice to see China start launching into space. As they can quickly generate a large number of people into such a industry as space capsules for the common people. It is most likly that the dreams of the common person to travel space rest with the advancement of the Chinese more than any other nation. mainly because other nations really have no intrest in the dreams of their people, And I am sorry to say they do not understand human ethology.

Having said that you must also remember that traveling space is more difficult than just getting up and going to space as you would go to the local grocery store. If you spent short periods of time in space say one or two day maybe a week in earth orbit it could be somewhat easy. but going to the moon or other near by planet and staying for several months, as a vaction would be more difficult.

So to awnser you question humans could go to space in large numbers in as little as five years if thats what was wanted.

Funny thing is you do not see democratic countries asking the people to vote on setting up space travel for the country.

DwayneD.L.Rabon