When/ how did you become an atheist?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by spidergoat, Apr 16, 2011.

1. aaqucnaona This sentence is a lie Valued Senior Member

Well said. If Jesus existed today, not 2000 years ago, no one would believe he was the son of God or that His God was the one and only true God any more than they would believe P&T as Sons of God.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. aaqucnaona This sentence is a lie Valued Senior Member

I fourth the notion. And to think Wynn actually considered it a valid point...

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. aaqucnaona This sentence is a lie Valued Senior Member

We ain't alone, of course - there are our fellow great apes, many dolphins and whales and the crow and parrot families of birds. We are special because we are the dominant species on this planet - we control a large part of the biosphere of our planet and that makes us special. Of course we aren't somehow "inherently' special - we are special by the efforts of 6 million years of our ancestors. We are higher thinking animals because we have mastered language and science - two things most other have probably not [Dolphins and whales sing, but whether they have language capable of abstract thought is unclear].

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Saturnine Pariah Hell is other people Valued Senior Member

For as long as i can remeber i was skeptical of the religon my parents had forced upon me...gradually overtime they became much more agnostic...allowing me to be much more questioning of my religon in general i studied, debated...since then i have becme a " infedel" by old definition and proud of it.