Whats wrong with Humans?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by alexb123, Jul 6, 2006.

1. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

We make more food to feed the hungry then end up eating it all ourselves and become fat

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Weirdomandude Registered Senior Member

What I think our ultimate flaw is is that we are too short sighted. We are given a gift to see further into the future than any other animal on this planet, yet we "live for today". Why don't we just get over this thing called an ego and move forward? Capitalism is probably the cause to this problem; it creates a strong reason to think only about one's own self instead of the future of mankind.
    Physically, I have no beaf against the human body at this point in time. Give it 100 non-apocolyptic years and we would develop mechanical bodies which are generally immortal. Which reminds me; humans are obsolete compared to what our creation, computers, will be soon enough.
    The fact that we have emotions and concede to them instead of logic; that is one flaw that will ultimately destroy us.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

you lot can speak for yourselves, I have no such 'flaws'

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

You have the inability to recognize your own flaws.

8. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

and you have the inability to recognise humour, I am not nearly so far up my own ass as you venture to look! Perhaps an inch in....... :bugeye:

9. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

My flaws are miniscule....MINiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiscule

10. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

what interests me is how peeps here are keen to identify flaws but when called upon to identify what defines 'friendnship' are 'blank'. Thus can we conclude most peeps here are flawed and thus friendless, and hence their demonstrably vast knowledge of flaws which moi would have to search the VERY recesses of my mind and memory to mention. Thus I cannot contribute to this thread............flaws what flaws? I see only the good in all man. If you believe that...........welllllll.Believe believe, for tis true.

What is good about man?

Ability to defy nature and show compassion towards our enemies
    Ability to defy nature and be self sacrificing and heroic

We have come a long way since the days of enjoying a good a beheading, and despite the negativity and hostility in the world, the vast majority of people are good and kind and generous.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2006
  11. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

Hippy. Can we go back to slagging off the human race now?

12. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

:m:

13. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

ToR, my animations don't animate. So I can't see you riding that goat.

I'm going to speak to the Sciforums computer boffins and get this fixed right now.

14. Tnerb Banned Banned

not necessarially.
    speaking of "man" in such a manner is to de-humanize the whole political BS... *confused*

15. q0101 Registered Senior Member

I wish I had your subjective view of reality. Ignorance is bliss.

What’s wrong with humans? I don’t know where to begin. I could write a book about this subject. If I had to pick the top three problems that humans have it would be. 1. Genetic flaws that cause minor and serious medical problems. 2. Genetic flaws that cause irrational or violent behavior in some of us. 3. Our unwillingness to eliminate the future threat of global warming.

16. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I'm confused, too, what are you talking about?

17. Tnerb Banned Banned

Wwad

18. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

you are indeed ignorant as are the many whiners posting here so enthusiastically about what is wrong in preference to what is right.
    Good that you are able to identify your own flaw and brave enough to post it.

I myself am aware of all that is wrong with this world but I am also aware of all that is right with it, and we get it right more than we get it wrong.

My own experience of life has not been without drama and trial and tribulation but I was always saved by 'someone'. A fellow human to rescue me from the pit I'd been pushed, fallen or walked into. I myself have rescued saved, motivated, loved and enabled.

With regard to YOU all, do not post here in ignorance paying no regard for the many self less people of this world who give give give of themselves for others. Carers, soldiers, hospital staff, volunteers, fund raisers, medical staff, rescue workers, teachers, authors, scientists, researchers, environmentalists, animal workers, unpaid that work with the starving, the injured, the etc etc etc. The list IS endless..........the self sacrifice, the compassion............

where are my open toed sandles?

19. DeeCee Valued Senior Member

What are our flaws?

Knees

20. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

ToR, you're right. I'm a philanthropist too but, from my point of view, it's just more entertaining talking (and reading) about the bad stuff..

21. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

what even with my 'sandal references?'

okey dokey............ let me see flaws????????

Blokes leaving loo seat up
    ladies leaving loo seat down

ermmmmmmm

22. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

Yep, thats a major one. Surely the solution is to get rid of loo seats altogether.

23. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

Oh btw, I am not a philanthropist but generally a good egg as are most people, the philanthropic are saints and long may they live! And if you are truly one....long may you

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

and if you are not, I still wish you a long life............

where's that lovely flowery robe gone?