What's Worse? Christians, Help Me Please!

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by PsychoticEpisode, Oct 26, 2005.

1. PsychoticEpisode It is very dry in here today Valued Senior Member

Is there anything more circular than vague biblical quotes? You quoted 5 passages awhile back in an effort to show that God says pedophilia is wrong. Not one of them came to the point. If you honestly think I believe that fornicating with a child is ok then I pity you. I don't need a book to tell me that, nor should you. Its not pedophilia thats the issue here. Its the fallibility of the Bible.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Marlin Registered Senior Member

The Bible is not infallible, nor does it contain all of God's words to mankind. It does, however, contain the blueprints to living the gospel of Jesus Christ. But just because it doesn't say, "Thou shalt not molest children" in so many words, that doesn't mean Christians approve of the practice. God has written His words in our hearts as well as the scriptures, and really, whose hearts will honestly tell them that child molestation is right? The Holy Spirit is our guide along with the scriptures.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. c20H25N3o Shiny Heart of a Shiny Child Registered Senior Member

Am I telling you to pick up a bible PE? I quoted 5 passages because someone asked whether the bible said anything about paedophilia. Jesus exalted the humble child as one who may enter the Kingdom of heaven. This shows the attributes of a child that please God. Innocence, humility, trust, something very far from peadophilia.
    Neither you or I need a book to tell us about how to treat children. It is written on our hearts.
    If you believe the bible to be a waste of time then fair enough. I wish you well.

peace

c20

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. jayleew Who Cares Valued Senior Member

The Bible is clear that fornicating with a child is NOT okay because fornicating is NOT okay, how much more clear do you need. Pedophilia is fornication unless you marry the child, which is not acceptable in this culture, nor should it be.

The Bible is clear about fornication, and it is also written on our hearts. If fornication is declared a sin, why does God have to specify what type of fornication is sin and what is not? It is what it is, and it is against scriptural teaching.

8. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

So why is the basic urge of all living things (reproduction) somehow a sin? That would imply that your god doesn't want us to survive as a species.

9. jayleew Who Cares Valued Senior Member

You, still being in High School, probably are hounded by your English teacher to find out what a dictionary is. Are you telling me that you don't listen to teacher? Naughty...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Course, that's what dictionary.com is for, right.

Fornication is any sex outside of marriage, God wants us to be fruitful in a union between a male and female (as the union is defined in the first book of the Bible). Wrong or right, it is what the Bible says.

So young, and so hasty. :m:

10. audible un de plusieurs autres Registered Senior Member

and christians with one.
    because as cris said
    atheist are of a higher moral caliber, they have nothing to gain from being good, they do the right things for the right reasons, regardless of fear of punishment or expectation of reward.
    thats not something I've ever came a cross, however numerous time, I've met christians without conscience.
    true, however atheist are enlightened, thus by sense reason and intellect, they become more virtuous, as this is the only life they and all humans have, so they respect life and humanity much much more, they dont rape, murder and then repent there sins to go to heaven and be one with a god.
    why when there based in fact.

11. c20H25N3o Shiny Heart of a Shiny Child Registered Senior Member

You are implying that God said 'procreation is a sin'. It isn't written that He did say that. He said 'Thou shalt not commit adultery.'. That would say to me (and my inner witness delights in it), that God far from not approving of procreation, wishes instead that we are faithful towards eachother and 'go forth and multiply.'

It's a bit stupid to speculate that God would create all the ecstacy the sexual act only to wave a big stick at you and say 'never touch those filthy organs EVEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRR!'

Its about being responsible towards one another and respecting eachother.
    But you know this

c20

12. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

Bah. Being tied down to one mate means smaller chances ofa large, successful brood. More mates, more mating, more spawn, higher chance of your bloodline continuing.

13. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

Marlin,

Not particularly useful. I couldn’t find amongst those statements anything from the bible that would support your assertion that – “all sins must be paid for before forgiveness is granted.”

I’d appreciate just a simple bible reference(s) please if you have them. I doubt you will find anything since the primary concept behind Christianity is that Jesus paid for all our sins by allowing himself to be crucified.

14. Marlin Registered Senior Member

Cris, when I said "all sins must be paid for before forgiveness is granted," I meant that a payment is required for every sin committed. Whether it is paid for by Jesus' Atonement or by the sinner is up to the sinner (whether he repents or not) and up to the Lord (whether He decides to forgive or not). If the sinner repents, Jesus pays the debt for him and he doesn't have to pay for it himself. If he doesn't repent, he must suffer (as in D&C 19).

15. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

I meant that a payment is required for every sin committed. Whether it is paid for by Jesus' Atonement or by the sinner is up to the sinner (whether he repents or not) and up to the Lord (whether He decides to forgive or not). If the sinner repents, Jesus pays the debt for him and he doesn't have to pay for it himself. If he doesn't repent, he must suffer (as in D&C 19).

Wow! The accounting department in heaven must be hell.

16. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

Well, think about it:
    In heaven, people there are all going to be uptight fanatical-christian dickwads, and would most likely drive each and every one of us insane.
    In hell, all the cool people are there: drunks, hot chicks, lawyers, etc.
    Hell is where the party is.

17. Marlin Registered Senior Member

Yeah, pain and intense suffering are a great way to throw a party....

18. audible un de plusieurs autres Registered Senior Member

as hapsburg says, and who wants to be a slave, I dont. so hell's the place guys.

If there is a special Hell for atheists and other nonbelievers, I shall never fear for my comfort. The musings of Epicurus will entertain my mind and Voltaire will tickle my wit. While Paine harries the Devil, Franklin will write us a constitution. Cicero, Madison and Frederick the Great can in turn conspire a government that Marx will quickly deride.

Goethe and Poe will tell delightfully chilling tales by the eternal lake-of-fire-side. Mrs. Cady Stanton and Mrs. B. Anthony will preserve our equality and Darwin will write our history. Messieurs Robert Ingersoll and Bertrand Russell will entertain our ears in the theatre built by Carnegie and designed by Frank Lloyd Wright, and they'll speak through the sound system invented by Thomas Edison.

Twain will make us laugh with his satire of old split-foot and criticism of the almighty, and Clarence Darrow will win his right to do so. Nietzsche will philosophize and Freud will analyze. Wells and Roddenberry will give us fantasy, Frost will give us poetry, Shaw will write us a play and Hepburn will be the queen of the stage.

Virginia Wolff will biographize our very own Margaret Sanger, a choice we'll all applaud. Rubinstein will play us a tune and Berlin will pen the words. Charlie Chaplin will adapt for film a comedic tale of H.P. Lovecraft and Earnest Hemmingway that will star W.C. Fields. Howard Hughes will fund the disastrous project.

Pearle Buck and Ayn Rand will make us think and give Skinner thoughts to study. Snoopy will once again have daily installment in our paper, with Schultz returning to the drafting table. All in all I will be quite entertained.

My social calendar will be full to busting, and I'll have many calls to make. The Huxleys (Aldus, Thomas, and Sir Julian Sorell) will be worth a talk on biology and authorship. Perhaps I myself can compose the great novel of the underworld with the help of Lawrence, Orwell, Joyce and Asimov.

I am in good company in my disbelief.

Nevyn O'Kane

if you believe in that heaven and a hell, Crap, that is.

19. PsychoticEpisode It is very dry in here today Valued Senior Member

Questions: If someone repents and is granted access to heaven the slate is clean upon entry into heaven, so does sinning continue? If so, what's the point? It hasn't always been rosy up there with angels getting turfed and such. Didn't Satan sin in heaven? If angels can sin up there I can see no hope for those human souls that pass through. Why can't God forgive Satan anyway? Just patch things up with the guy and maybe things on Earth will turn around.

20. Marlin Registered Senior Member

What you are referring to is known as "having your calling and election made sure." This means that once you have passed the trials and lessons of pre-mortal and mortal existence, you are no longer on probation and enter into glory forever and ever. The Book of Abraham in the Pearl of Great Price tells us:

Abraham 3:26
    And they who keep their first estate [pre-existence] shall be added upon [enter mortality and gain a physical body]; and they who keep not their first estate [devils] shall not have glory in the same kingdom with those who keep their first estate; and they who keep their second estate [mortality] shall have glory added upon their heads forever and ever.

Why can't God forgive Satan? Well, for one thing, Satan doesn't want salvation or forgiveness. He wants only to exalt himself and subject mankind to his misery. Also, Satan in the pre-existence committed the unpardonable sin, and thus rendered himself ineligible for forgiveness from the Atonement of Christ. He has regressed into a state where he actually cannot repent, so deep is his sin.

21. Adstar Valued Senior Member

Ok i will clear up this thing first.

Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit:

I would like you to have a look at Mark 3 22-30 because I do not feel it is possible to understand blasphemy of the Holy Spirit without understanding the verses where Jesus mentions it. I post them here for you to read .

What did the scribes do? They said that the Holy Spirit that was with Jesus was "Beelzebub" They accused the Spirit of being a demon, (like calling God satan) that act is the sin of blasphemy of the Spirit. verse 30 refers to "they" they where the scribes in verse 22.

So if one pronounces that another person has a demon and that person actually is indwelled by the Holy Spirit then one has just accused the Holy Spirit of being a demon and has committed the sin that "never has forgiveness" and they are "subject to eternal condemnation".

Ok thats done.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

22. Adstar Valued Senior Member

If one has not come to the Knowledge of Good and evil then they have nothing to be saved from. Because it is the coming of the knowledge of Good and evil that made us defective towards God. When God greated mankind He refered to them as Good. It was only after humanity came to the knowledge of Good and evil that man became defective and unnacceptable to God.

They are what? who is Holy but God? No one. They are authorities on the twisting of the truth to serve the plans of satan.

I am confident on the Word of God i know at this time i am saved.

23. Adstar Valued Senior Member

Then you are condemning yourself to never being forgiven any of your sins.