What's the other 90+% made of?

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by Cassius Malachi, Dec 28, 2015.

1. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

What the hell does that have to do with modern science? Seems like you are just trolling with your anti-science rants.

So just in case you are not just trolling. What do you think the missing energy and mass is? Or don't you think there is any missing energy and mass

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. river

Dywyddyr

Really ?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Seems accurate to me.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Of course it does.
    But, as has been shown time and again, you tend to be gullible, lack critical faculties and don't actually know much about science or technology.
    You'd rather side with the cranks woo-mongers and outright loons than learn science (or critical thinking) because it suits your (apparent) agenda.

8. Cassius Malachi Registered Member

It's a cliche but I'm going with it....Einstein was for much of his life "a looser" by western standards. No college degree, ect. Again, because of "Peer Review", his papers were not published upon his first submission and even once they were published, he was ridiculed and ignored! Yet he changed all of humanities' perception of reality-pretty much over night. The infinite arrogance and ego of mankind always saddens me. We have all of recorded history with which to review our past mistakes and maybe change our way of thinking. But, the most common response to concepts that bruise the intellectual ego's of others is usually, "that's impossible". What ever keeps academics feeling masters of the universe I suppose (because that's what it's about....)

river likes this.
  9. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

What is a looser, someone not tight?
    Why do you think Einstein didn't have a physics degree?
    No he wasn't.
    Do you regard reality as some annoying thing that can just be ignored?

10. Cassius Malachi Registered Member

The Galen stuff I posted was just a way to high light how very similar things in regards to science still go on today. ( there are many cases of newly graduated DR's publishing findings of studies that contradicted or went against a particular accepted theory and because of they followed the facts, haven't worked in their fields since) As for what I think the missing stuff is - I don't know. That's why I became a member of this site and asked the question. I wanted to hear what you and others thought it could be. If I was to offer a answer as to why we're having trouble finding out the answer, I'd say arrogance.

11. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Please share some of those cases.
    Seems like it was just an excuse for an anti-science rant. You are the one who seems arrogant. You appear to have no training in science and have spouted several incorrect statements and yet act as if you know the 'real truth'.

12. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

No he wasn't.

He obtained his "college degree" in 1896.

Yeah, right.

Kaufmann preferred it to Lorenz's work, Planck publicly defended it...

If you're going to make sh*t up you could least make it plausible sh*t.

13. river

From where?

14. Cassius Malachi Registered Member

Spelling? Really? You're going to try and puncture my argument based on my spelling? Fair enough. Most of Einstein's qualifications were honorary. It's common knowledge that he didn't get an equivalent of a high school diploma and even once his papers were published (special and general relativity) it was a few years before any tangible proof that his theory that disproved many long standing beliefs and preeminent scientists to be wrong, was able to be collected. There are a few people who've said things like..."don't let your schooling ruin your education" and, "imagination is more important than knowledge", ect. I'm pretty sure one of those quotes was Einstein's. The entire collected work of the intellect of the cosmos is all about you. You just need to tune in to it. You'd be surprised how many society changing discoveries came in peoples dreams or epiphanies and the most common thing said about how their ideas/theories came to them is eerily similar,..."I saw it fully formed with no need of improvement", or something along those lines. Many cultures, (new and old) speak of a network of knowledge that can be accessed when in specific states of mind. Watch, , "Avatar", they rip off the idea pretty well.

15. river

Hardly a college degree , dyw

Last edited: Dec 29, 2015
  16. Cassius Malachi Registered Member

To Origin......the above is how to rip apart an argument!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

17. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

So what?

Wait! First it was "college degree" and now it's "high school diploma"?

What's your point here?

Yeah... blah blah blah, with added woo.

Sure, except that it shows that YOU were wrong.

It wasn't me that first used the term "college degree" - and when I DID use it I made sure it was in scare quotes.

18. Cassius Malachi Registered Member

If anyone fancies having a go at answering/discussing the original question, that would also be great. I've got a horrible feeling that Nazi's, the Hollow Earth and certain verses of Revelations are going to start being quoted....so, once again....
    WHAT'S THE OTHER 90+% OF THE UNIVERSE MADE OF?

19. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

You didn't bother to read post 2?

20. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Your question has been an
    post 2 and 11 respectively.

21. Cassius Malachi Registered Member

Depending on whether you in the U.K. or the U.S. degree and diploma are pretty much the same. And with regards to being wrong, that's the whole point! Being wrong is great! If you know what something isn't, you have a better idea of what it is. Or visa-versa. The point is not being a dick about it when are wrong and trying to compensate for your error by trying to humiliate someone, cause physical pain to another, ect

22. Cassius Malachi Registered Member

As there is no universally accepted theory of what makes up or causes either of them (DM + DE), that is not an answer. Or a great impression of a parrot. What ever you're most comfortable with I guess.

23. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Nope.
    We don't have "high school diplomas" per se in the UK.
    If you actually meant GCSE (or, as they were when I took them CSEs and GCEs) they're completely different animals from a degree.

But actually checking before you post a bullshit claim is... what? Too much work? Not something you're capable of doing?

That would depend on what, exactly, you mean by "universally accepted": e.g. scientists or cranks and scientists.

Ah, someone else who thinks "THE answer" should be available in his own lifetime...