Whats really happening in Darfur?

Discussion in 'World Events' started by M-16, Sep 18, 2004.

1. M-16 Registered Militant Registered Senior Member

Posted by a member of a Islamic Forum.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

The following are extracts from an episode of a program on al Jazeera called “Bala hudud” or “With no Boundaries”. This episode is an important one since it talks about what is really happening in Darfur. I decided to translate some parts of the episode in order to spread the truth instead of the lies said by the US and European governments.

This is addressed more to Muslims since many are unaware of the real situation surrounding their brothers and sisters there.

…The Sudanese government is accused of committing crimes against humanity or participated in it or gives a covering for it; it consists mainly of genocide, mass rape of women, and ethnic cleansing that the Jinjaweet militia is committing supported by the Sudanese government. The Sudanese government denies these accusations and affirms that the issue doesn’t exceed fighting over farms/lands between the tribes and the West is using it as a new weapon against Sudan …Darfur is one of the biggest regions in Sudan (20%)…and 6 and a half million people live there all of them Muslim and belong to either Arab or African tribes. This region has a large animal, petrol, and metal resource that’s seen as the main reason behind the American and European attack ….the guest is Dr. Muhammad Saleem Al Awa the secretary general of the world Muslim organization who just came back from Darfur.

Ahmad Mansoor (Host): this means it is not divided between Arab and …

Guest: … there is no ethnic division, there is no ethnic privilege that says one is pure Arab or pure African…

Host: Most of the reposts written…

Guest: No, there is marriage and interaction between these tribes for about 1000 years…

Host: ….you talked about Colin Powell’s visit to Darfur, what did you mean?

Guest: …he kept repeating Arab and Africans and Africans and Arabs so the Minster with him asked tell me which is Arab and which is African?

Host: From the ones present?

Guest: From the ones present whenever he pointed to a person and said African, the person turned out to be Arab whenever he said Arab, turned out to be African by the seventh person he stopped predicting…

Host: That means there is no difference in color or looks…

Guest: No difference in color, looks, shape, all of them speak Qur’anic Arabic even the ones that have other African languages like the Zaghawi and Fur, between each other they speak their language but between people they speak Arabic…

The reasons behind the Darfur issue and the responsibility of the government:

Host: …where is the problem there?

Guest: The problem began because the people of Darfur are divided into two groups in terms of their way of living, the farmers and the shepherds…there is around 130 million heads of cattle…

Guest: The natural grazing areas are in the North and when the summer begins and the grass is less in the North they have to go South to graze and that was organized by the government…until the drought came in 1976 till 1984 to 1986 and the shepherds had to lead their cattle earlier than what is agreed upon to the south…

…thus their cattle ate the crops of the farmers in the south…So in the next year the farmers set fire to the grass in retaliation for their eaten crops…this continued for 10 years…this is the first problem in the issue between the cattle owners and the farmers over grass and water…

…another issue is of the borders…there are not the usual borders like between countries since these tribes are divided between Chad and Sudan and they have agreements over the lands of each…but at the time of the drought they tried to take each others lands and another problem arose…the responsibility of the Sudanese government lies in that it didn’t work out these two problems….the government didn’t solve the issue, didn’t try to buy the land and divide it or divide it as should be between the tribes but left it for the strong to win…

…the two armed fighting groups are: Justice and Equality group and Freeing Sudan group…both are Muslims groups…

The Truth about the Jinjaweet and the government’s support:

…let me first explain what Jinjaweet is…it is an African word that is about 200 years old in Sudan, it is made up of two words jin and Jawad (horse) anyone who rides a horse and attacks people by force is called Jinjaweet…Muslims, non Muslims, carrying a knife, spear, a gun, etc…is called as such, a warlord, thieves, etc.. they steal fuel and cattle, etc…

…regarding the Human Rights Watch report about a connection between these Jinjaweet and the Sudanese government…I read that report it had no evidence at all coming with it…where is the evidence for such claims…reports are accompanied by evidence this report didn’t have any… very concrete evidence they say but where is it? …they say genocide when all the reports about the number of deaths are about 5 thousand only…if there was genocide where did they bury them in which battles…none of this is present…

…the reports about militias that the government armed is wrong…in Sudan there is a law in which the government asks volunteers for the army form the tribes to help them in a certain situation like the outlaws in the country…this people’s army fought in the south and after there was a peace treaty 80% of this army was dissolved…with its arms and everything…these Jinjaweet have nothing to do with the government…

…the number of burnt villages is about 437, all the groups mentioned above burned them and not only the Jinjaweet (thieves) …

The Truth about mass rape and genocide:

….in the meeting 1 of the 15 people representing the opposition said there is mass rape and that 400 pregnant women were taken to the capitol for delivery…we asked the women of Darfur when we went there they said there is no such thing as sexual rape rather rape in the meaning the war forced them to leave their homes and belongings…we met with a group, a British one, the head there said we only heard rumors nothing else about rapes…

…I met with a judge of the supreme court over there I asked him about reports of rape, he said there is one case…3 women with bad reputation and two men were paid to make a video in which the women pretend getting raped…they were paid by the fighting groups…about 8 thousand dollars…to act out this rape…they were caught and the rape video didn’t leave Sudan but some media did talk about it…give me evidence of one rape that happened in Darfur…there isn’t a report with evidence for one rape…and I asked a doctor in the general hospital about these 400 pregnant women…he said how can 400 women give birth within a period of 6 months since the issue arose from February till August…

Host: …they may say you are repeating the words of the Sudanese government..

Guest: Yes…if I only asked and talked with a government Minister or the Sudanese president…I met a lot of people from the government [mentions them], the opposition [mentions them] and from Darfur [mentions them]…none said about the rape except the man who talked about the 400 women…we also met 6 professors from the three universities found in Darfur and 22 head women responsible for women issues in Darfur…

…you can’t tell who is African or who is Arab…all have Arabic Islamic names, look alike and speak Arabic..we went to pray in masjid we didn’t find a place from the amount of people praying…

Host: …so the issue in Darfur is it made up by the West or is the Sudanese government responsible for it?

Guest: …the responsibility lies on the rebels who wanted to remove the government…burned 6 airplanes…killed a large number of the police and the army…the government wanted to show its power in 15 days…the government was able to subdue them but them they took revenge on the people in Darfur who aided the government by burning houses, killing, etc…and the government was not able to stop the armed groups who started fighting at this large scale…

…In 2001 76 Zaghawi (tribe) were killed, a peace treaty was made and the other side was supposed to pay money for the families that suffered but the other side and the government were slow or didn’t give this situation their attention…so the youth in that tribe arrested the tribe leaders took arms and fought the other side and the government…I heard it from several people in the government that it is responsible for the issue going out of hand…since it was not solved…people with other agendas came in to solve it…

…asked a question is it possible that the Americans care more about us than the Muslims and the Arabs? Like they care about the Iraqis? Like they care for the Palestinians… Colin Powell before he left Sudan told the Sudanese president that he didn’t see anything near genocide then to the media he said something else and he keeps repeating it…the Sudanese government was forced to deal with Garang but there are many other issues it didn’t agree with…

…Sudan has…bronze… iron with purity up to 80 to 90%...uranium…cattle…water...fuel..

…whenever we meet someone from Darfur…they tell us we don’t rape each other, we don’t kill each other..these groups are fighting over politics, farms, and lands…many are Qur’an hafatha…

…there is a responsibility that lies on the government [as mentioned before]…none of what was said was true, it is not the worst human crisis at the moment as Kofi Anan claims…Sudan is a developing country and needs work…

end

As you can see the issue has nothing to do with ethnic cleansing or genocide or even anything to do with Arabs or Africans rather just a conflict of interests between tribes that got out of hand. The Sudanese government is responsible for a large part and no one can claim otherwise but the lies spread by the US and Europeans governments are making the issue an international one in order to enter Sudan. This may not be a surprise since they have done that before but this to spread the truth of what is happening in Darfur.

Please spread this truth so that Muslims around the world are aware of what is happening in Darfur and not fall into fitnah or ask why are the Arabs killing their African brothers and sisters when that is nothing but a lie.

Source : Al'Jazeera (arabic)

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Bruce Wayne . Registered Senior Member

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. M-16 Registered Militant Registered Senior Member

Thanks Bruce, your link supports my post.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. M-16 Registered Militant Registered Senior Member

Stupid Zionist controlled U.S media made it look like its a clash between Africans and Arabs and they even brought Islam into this.

8. towards Relax...head towards the light Registered Senior Member

"Stupid Zionist controlled U.S media made it look like its a clash between Africans and Arabs and they even brought Islam into this", M-16

Just a list of a few American media giants and the leaders... who happen not to be Jewish.

1) Cnn/Time Warner Presidents Ted Turner, Jim Walton
    2) FOX President Rupert Murdoch
    3) NBC Robert Wright
    4) ClearChannel company (controls 7800 radio stations) L. Lowry Mays

Yes there are media outlets controlled by Jews, but they certainly do not have anything close to a monopoly. As you see above, some of the largest outlets are not under control of "Zionists".

As for Darfur, the conflict is indeed between two groups of muslims, but the primary victims of the region are closer to black in race. The main cause of this conflict is the widespread feeling of being consistently socio-economically marginalized and the sense of being left out of the peace negotiations particularly in the context of self-determination and power sharing. Also, wide spread droughts since 1984 have contributed to the political fire since famine is spreading. 110,000 refugees have crossed the border to Chad, and a possible 1.4 million are at risk for starvation. No one saying that this is a fight between christians and muslims, but more of one between a ruling Arab class (GOS forces and the Janjaweed) and a marginalized black class. The race really does not matter, the attempt is being made to prevent a disaster that occured in Central Africa, and the U.N.'s lessons that they learned from ignoring it.

9. Bruce Wayne . Registered Senior Member

May I correct something here? Rupert Murdoch is the zionist par excellence. Do an internet search: Keys Murdoch+Zionist. "Jews"/zionists do not have to actually own the company, they could simply be running it (see Disney and NBC). Also They do not have even be in the company. They could be in the pentagon, wich means they would own cnn.

By I do not think this matter is limited to the zionist agents in the american establishment. I have been readin a year now of plans to destabilize Sudan drawn by christian (evangelian, I think) fundamentalist in the us. Their power is being overlooked yet they are also very active. The importance of Sudan is further increased since it is a very religious (in a pre-modern, innocent way) and constitutes a important section of the Arab-African cultural connection and the richess in cattle (millions and millions of cattle heads, could feed all africa), uranium(!), silver, oi(!)l and water(!). Also the Missionaries see their opportunity in poverty and turmoil (as is the way in Iraq). And most importantly, the downfall of Sudan would secure the way to the zionist imperial instrument into Africa and the total surrounding of Egypt. The conclusion is that zionisme, christian fundamentalism, oil industry and imperialists all have much to gain from the splitting of Sudan.

Not true, The tribes are quite interwined. It is hard to tell who is black and who is arabic. Remember Arabs are not exactly one race (they vary from sub-african Black to blue eyed whites). The tribes entre-marry, their leaders mary the daughters of other tribes. They are extremely religious, compared to the arab world. Their Muslim identity overshadows the rest of the minimal differences. They both learn part of the Qur'an before being surcumsized and have to learn close to a third of It before they can marry.

That is not trye since the area is triba desert. All the tribes live on their own strength. I urge you to follow the link to have the exact acount of how the "problem developed"

Not here that there is no famine as in ethiopia earlier and that most refugees are in government refugee camps(!)

Again that is also not completely true. I urge you to foolow the link. The Janjaweed (from the arabic Jinn and jawad. Jin="demon". Jawad="Horse". Demon on horse) is a social phenomenon, like thieves. The Janjaweed are both Arab and Black. Remember also that the populace is both Arab and Black, They are intermarried.

The ununited nations are again a tool. The truth is again the first victim of war. The public is being misled better that it was in the Iraqi case. Egypt is standing still while the carpet under its feet is being pulled away. This is gonna be a interesting century.

:m:

10. M-16 Registered Militant Registered Senior Member

Some one please tell him that you don't have to be Jewish to be a Zionist.......Christian Zionists!

11. path Militant wiseguy Registered Senior Member

12. path Militant wiseguy Registered Senior Member

Hey what do you know another one

Here

And one regarding the emergency and aid

here

13. path Militant wiseguy Registered Senior Member

Someone please explain to him that you don't have to be a muslim to have a, it is all a global zionist conspiracy to victimize muslims mindset, but it certainly seems to help.

14. Bruce Wayne . Registered Senior Member

Yet this report is inconclusive. All it says is that the problem is the inhumanity of man towards man. Now who the first and the second man are.

15. Bruce Wayne . Registered Senior Member

This is the state department (U.S.) site.

This agency only refers to what the U.N. said. They give no info on who is actually fighting.

16. Bruce Wayne . Registered Senior Member

Are you saying that there is no major zionist influence over U.S. media? Are you saying for instance that the mighty Murdoch is not a zionist? Are you saying that the very large and very powerfull, right-wing, fundamentalist christians are not zionists and that they are not a powerfull organized force in the U.S?

17. path Militant wiseguy Registered Senior Member

Which is more of a propaganda organ than islamonline how?

18. path Militant wiseguy Registered Senior Member

I am saying that apparently for muslims it is almost always the work of the jews and I can post plenty of examples to back it up. There are political interest groups everywhere of every persuasion the constant claims of muslim victimhood at the hands of a worldwide zionist conspiracy I find tedious to say the least. Just because you can show that a jew owns or is head of some organization doesn't equal a zionist conspiracy.
    In a nutshell according to muslims nothing that happens to muslims can possibly be the work of muslims.

19. Bruce Wayne . Registered Senior Member

Ok. I'll explain it for you. The matter at hand is that the official and propagated version of genocide and Arab-African conflict is being questionned. Now in the thread M-16 and I have put forth two witness accounts that refuted the official claims.

Posting another witness account can contribute to the fact finding quality of thise thread. Posting the offical version without any support, however, serves no purpose. It comes down to proving the official version by reiterating the official version. I is easier to understand.

Please tell me. Have you read the abovementionned threads? if not I especially urge you to read at least the first link. What is your own opinion of the two claims?

20. Bruce Wayne . Registered Senior Member

Even "almost always" doesn't valid this statement. Even if you do have many examples. It remains a generalization. In fact most Muslims blame one another.

Also, I hope you do not intend to say that there are no plans by outsiders (great powers, christian fundamentalists, economic interests..etc) targeting the Muslim world?

Your first sentence suggests that there is a "conspiracy" but that it is not the monopoly of zionists, is that what you are saying?

Oh no. That was not the claim. The claim was that some jewish individuals that own or direct large news agencies and non-jewish zionists like Murdoch and many christian zionists are quite influencial and are, at least, cooperating in portraying Muslims in an erronous and disadvantagous light. Also, since these powerfull individuals are protagonists of the zionist outpost in the middle east, it is only logical that they are antagonists of its enemies, which means they work actively to undermine the Arab/Muslim claim and position.

I have not balked away from answering everything you have written, are you gonna answer my earlier questions?

What a strong statement! Anyways, I am pleased to inform you that that is not the case and that that view remains restricted to less informed individuals (Muslims and non-Muslim).

21. path Militant wiseguy Registered Senior Member

I would be interested to see some examples. There was one floating around here recently from Hareetz posted by M16. Any others I would like to see some to back up your claim that MOST muslims blame eachother (not being flippant)

No more so than there are muslim powers that target the Dar Al Harb

No I am saying that conspiracy theories are everywhere. That doesn't make any of them true and I think they more often than not serve no purpose other than to divert blame or confuse the issue that is right in front of you. There is an old saying that if you are given two explainations for something that occured the simplest of the two is usually the truth.

I don't doubt it I know there are 2 sides to every story do you? That is I wouldn't form an opinion from reading something from the US govt alone or christian aid alone or islam online alone because everyone of them has an agenda in this.

Not a problem, I have been pressed for time of late which in particular?

Well I guess I have spoken with and read quite a few less informed muslims then.

22. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

I often hear this brought out as an explanation as to why the world views Islam in a certain tainted light. As if the Jews are trying to make Islam look bad and use their $$ influence in the media to do so. As if that explains it and it has absolutely nothing to do with the Middle Eastern culture and how the West (and East) would think of the ME in certain terms even if there were no wealthy Jewish.

But ,if it is a Jewish conspiracy then answers me this: Almost without exception, every single one of the Japanese, Chinese, Indian, Singaporean, Russian and Thai friends of mine share a negative opinion of the religion of Islam.

Why?

Are you going to suggest that Jewish control Chinese media? Japanese? Singaporean?

23. path Militant wiseguy Registered Senior Member

Here this is Human rights watch's report they are no friend of the US or Isreal why would they lie what is thier possible agenda?

HRW

Yes I have read the link you provided specifically which 2 claims?