What's new in Syria

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Schmelzer, Dec 13, 2015.

1. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

How about using credible sources? You seem to like that guy who runs around dressed up like Hitler. You keep citing him as a reference.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Schmelzer Valued Senior Member

The sources you name credible are NATO propaganda, so I will not use them except in some special cases, when they, accidentally, admit something. Moon of Alabama has nothing to do with this funny German Nazi, the only connection is that somebody who hates him has made such an accusation, which was more polemical than serious. Such stupid accusations are certainly unable to destroy any credibility.

By the way, some not very credible German NATO propaganda source has also good news, namely that Turkey has said that it will send troops to Syria only as part of some coalition lead by the West, Saudi Arabia would not be enough. This can be some indication that there will not be a big war with Turkey.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

It now appears Russia's has deliberately bombed a Syrian hospital. If that is so, it has committed a war crime.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Schmelzer Valued Senior Member

If that is so ....

8. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Well here is the thing comrade you haven't been able to prove any of those sources are related to NATO or in anyway false or inaccurate. The truth is just the truth. You habitually ignore truth in favor of Russian state controlled media and your Nazi dressing comrade. Per previous references, Moon of Alabama just happens to be owned by your favorite Nazi dressing comrade and author who happens to be a supporter of Assad and your Mother Putin.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Well, I've got news for you, Turkey has had a troop presence inside Syria for some time now. Turkey has a permanent garrison stationed inside Syria. And Turkey has participated in attacks inside Syria. Turkey is already a part of a coalition fighting inside Syria.

9. Schmelzer Valued Senior Member

No, this foto comes from http://www.haaretz.com/jewish/new-german-agency-set-up-to-combat-neo-nazi-propaganda-1.409091 and shows some unknown German guy seen at a Nazi demonstration in Halbe, near Berlin 2004. Which has nothing to do with Moon of Alabama, except that some hater wanted to name him a Nazi in such a way. It is simply a popular foto of a Nazi.
    The Tomb of Suleyman Shah is a Turkish enclave, so that they are on Turkish territory, and not "inside Syria" in a legal meaning of the word. And that Turkey has already violated international law many times, as part of a coalition of such violators, who bomb Syrian territory without permission of the Syrian government, is nothing new.

10. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Well, not surprisingly comrade, you are not being honest.

https://louisproyect.org/2013/12/20/jew-baiting-okay-at-moon-of-alabama-but-not-me/

Your moonofalabama is one of the many specious web sites on finds on the web. That's why no credible sources reference your blogger friend.

Except as is the norm with you comrade, that just isn't true either. The Tomb of Suleyman Shah is inside Syrian territory. It doesn't belong to Turkey. It is inside Syria. It's a very easily verifiable fact. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomb_of_Suleyman_Shah

Contrary to your previous assertion, Turkey has had a military presence on the ground in Syria since early 2015. Additionally, as with most of your assertions, you have absolutely no evidence that Turkey has violated even one international law. But you have never been little things like facts get in your way.

And has been endlessly pointed out to you, there is no longer a Syrian government. What was the Syrian government has fractured into numerous different groups. The remnants of the Assad regime no longer govern what was once Syria. In addition, as has also been repeatedly pointed out to you, there are multiple UN resolutions, legally and unanimously passed by the UN Security Council, which have authorized any nation to conduct military operations inside Syria as part of a coalition, and Turkey is part of a recognized coalition fighting terrorists in Syria. There is no Syrian government. There are a bunch of competing regimes inside what once was Syria - Assad's regime being just one of many.

Well here is the thing comrade, we have been down this road many times and you haven't been able to prove any of the sources I used were even remotely affiliated with NATO much less propaganda. I have repeatedly challenged to you to show that even one of those sources were even associated with NATO, and you haven't been able to do so. I have repeatedly challenged you to show even one case in which they were wrong, and you have been consistently unable to do so.

You have a well established habit of labeling facts you find unpleasant as NATO propaganda and dismissing them summarily and without merit.

And the fact is your moonofalabama blogger isn't a credible source. It has a 100% negative user review. And more importantly, you cannot verify the veracity of anything he writes. You comrade believe unquestioningly or mindlessly republish anything Russian state owned and controlled media sources tell you.

As I have repeatedly pointed out to you, Turkey already has troops inside Syria. Turkish troops have already entered Syria on a number of occasions...oops.

11. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

From cartoon section of ChinaDaily, today.*
    * Assuming they did not steal it with no credit given.

12. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Well, as usual comrade, you are lying again. You are fond of calling Ukrainians Nazi's and as justification for that assertion you point to Bandera, who was a Ukrainian nationalist and opposed your beloved Mother Russia's (i.e. Soviet Union). I have repeatedly pointed out to you that Bandera was first imprisoned by the Nazis when they invaded the Ukraine. He later collaborated with the Nazis to fight Mother Russia's domination of Ukraine. He was a Ukrainian nationalist.

I also have repeatedly pointed out to you that Bandera didn't do anything that Mother Russia didn't also do. Mother Russia (i.e. Soviet Union) collaborated with Nazis also. Mother Russia (i.e. Soviet Union) allied itself with Nazi Germany (e.g. the Munich Agreement) to invade and carve up Poland, and Mother Russia also slaughtered thousands if not millions of people. So it's more than a little disingenuous for you to point your finger at Ukrainians and call them Nazis for something a Ukrainian did some 70 years ago and totally ignore what Mother Russia did. If you want to call Ukrainians Nazis for what Bandera did some 70 years ago, as you have done, then you also need to also call your beloved Mother Russians Nazis too - something you have been and remain very pained to do. Every Nazi accusation you can throw at Bandera can also be thrown at Mother Russia in spades.

Russia collaborated more with Nazis, Russia allied herself with Nazi Germany, and Russia slaughtered more than anything Bandera ever did. Those are some of the many facts you like to ignore. When you call Ukrainians Nazis as you have done for something a Ukrainian did some 70 years ago, you cannot honestly do it without also calling your beloved Russians Nazis also. And that is something you have been unwilling to do.

Simply regurgitating the facts isn't a defense. It's simply reminding you of the facts.

But, we both know you have no use for facts or reason. It's all about promulgating the Russian party line with you. You haven't been intellectually honest.

The reason you and your fellow Russians' hate Bandera is because he was a Ukrainian freedom fighter who collaborated with Nazi Germany to fight Russian (i.e. Soviet) domination. It isn't because he collaborated with Nazis, because Mother Russia did that too.

Further, you eschew credible sources. You summarily and without merit dismiss all facts which are not consistent with Russian state owned and controlled media sources as NATO propaganda even though you cannot prove the facts wrong or in anyway connected to NATO.

And finally, you have cross the line. You have called me a Nazi. You call everyone who doesn't buy Mother Putin's line Nazis. I demand you apologize.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
  13. Schmelzer Valued Senior Member

Ok, it makes no sense to participate in coversations where you are allowed to defame others while I'm not allowed to object even with a simple parody.

You demand me to apologize? No problem. After your apology to Moon of Alabama, of course. As long as you don't apologize, I see no reason to apologize too. Tit for tat. By the way, my comparison of you with a Nazi is much more justified than the accusation that Moon of Alabama is a Nazi. You have openly defended here Bandera and his supporters, who are not only Nazi supporters, but have murdered a lot of Poles, Russians and Jews themself, and many have claimed that their hatred against Jews was even more heavy that that of the Germans.

14. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Well you are being more than a little disingenuous again. First, I have defamed no one - especially you. You have not been defamed. Two, you were not prevented from objecting. You were not allowed to do is defame others (e.g. call them Nazis) when you have absolutely no evidence of same.

Well, you didn't compare, you stated I was a Nazi. There is a difference. I think it telling you are now trying to minimize your actions and rewrite very recent history. That isn't honest either.

As I have repeatedly told you and what I have repeatedly done, is tell the facts about Brandera you don't want told. I have never denied Bandera didn't cooperate with Nazi Germany. If fact, I have repeatedly written Bandera collaborated with Nazi Germany in order to fight Russian (i.e. Soviet) domination of Ukraine. Bandera was a nationalist.

But, as I have repeatedly told you and backed it up with facts, Bandera didn't do anything Mother Russia (i.e. Soviet Union) didn't do. Mother Russia allied itself with Nazi Germany. Mother Russia collaborated with Nazi Germany. Mother Russia committed atrocities including mass murder. Yet for some reason you refuse to call Russians Nazis for their involvement with Nazi Germany. But you are perfectly happy calling Ukrainians Nazis because of this one Ukrainian who collaborated with Nazi Germany after first being imprisoned by Nazi Germany. That isn't consistent with your own words or history. You are once again not being honest.

If you want to call modern day Ukrainians Nazis, as you have repeatedly done, because of this one man, then you have to call modern day Russians Nazis for the same reasons. But you don't and you won'tx. That's intellectual dishonesty.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
  15. Schmelzer Valued Senior Member

Enough about our Bandera fan. I have found on twitter some nice pics from Latakia:

You can see on above the Daesh flag (the black one with the white circle inside) together with the Turkish flag. So far about the question if Russia is fighting Daesh in Latakia or not. And, as well, a nice illustration about the Turkish-Daesh friendship.

16. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

LOL....I see your dishonesty persists comrade.

Well, here is the thing, just because you have pictures of flags being flown together it really doesn't mean anything other than flags were being flown together. It doesn't mean there is an alliance as you have asserted. Hell I could go out and buy a Russian flag and an ISIS flag, fly them together and take pictures of them and claim there is a Russian ISIS alliance. That doesn't mean Russia is in an alliance with ISIS or that there is any friendship between the two.

17. Edont Knoff Registered Senior Member

18. Schmelzer Valued Senior Member

Good news from Syria: Kinsabba is liberated! At least this is claimed not only by various twitter sources, but also by https://www.almasdarnews.com/articl...-village-of-kinsibba-in-northeastern-latakia/ as well as http://sana.sy/en/?p=69809 and even TASS http://tass.ru/mezhdunarodnaya-panorama/2678224 so there is little reason to doubt. Similar to the procedure in Salma and Rabia, the town was encircled from three sides, with one side left open as a direction for running away. A nearby place named Shalaf, which was named a citadel and claimed to contain the artillery positions of Al Qaida and friends, was taken too.

So, in Latakia there remains not much to be liberated, the village Kbana would remain the most important one, then Yamadia, which is near the border and plays a role in the transport of terrorists and weapons from Turkey. But this is nothing but cleaning the remaining areas near the border.

Good news also from the front near Kuweiris. Here it seems that As Sin has been finally taken by the Syrian army. There is only a quite short distance left to full encirclement. But the question is if this is really the aim. Maybe, maybe not. It is one thing to leave a way to run away if one wants to take a village, and another one if there is a larger area, where it may be much more important to cut the supplies.

19. Schmelzer Valued Senior Member

Bad news from Turkey, some terror attacks and Erdogan going insane with claims that Assad is responsible for this. Looks like a Sender Gleiwitz variant to start a war with Syria.

20. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Well that isn't exactly true. The US did mistakenly attack a hospital. Your reference clearly states the hospital was misidentified. The US admitted culpability. It admitted its mistake and it made amends. The US didn't intentionally attack a hospital. And when the US learned of its mistake, it promptly acknowledged its mistake, apologized, and attempted to remedy its mistake. Unfortunately, mistakes do happen in war.

21. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Well many things are reported by Assad's newspaper, but that doesn't make them true.

22. CptBork Valued Senior Member

The US has bombed hospitals and other forbidden targets in the past, but the difference is that the US acknowledges incidents like this when they happen, it apologizes and pays for the damage and the victims, and there's always an open investigation into the facts. Russia and its allies on the other hand deny these kinds of incidents altogether, and they happen with such a high frequency that MSF and other organizations stopped marking their hospitals in order to better protect them from airstrikes, which I've never heard of them doing in Afghanistan or anywhere else.

23. Schmelzer Valued Senior Member

While it would have been useless here to give infos about everyday life now in Syria, given that some guys would immediately reject them as regime propaganda, I have found accidentally a reliable description about what happens on the ground in Syria from a Western source:
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...but-some-families-are-returning-a6877736.html
    Not completely propaganda-free (say, a picture with "The aftermath of Russian bombing in Aleppo" which is highly suspect given that there is no reason for the Russians to bomb Aleppo) it gives also some interesting insights:
    This is, indeed, a subtle point: To return means to believe that this will not be, again, overrun by the terrorists. There was no certainty about this before, Assads army was near the collapse when the Russians came, but today it became obvious for the people that, even if this will need a long time, the terrorists will be chased away. So that it now makes sense to return to regions which have been liberated and to start again.
    So, these are the really important peace talks. They do not happen with some guys living in 5 star hotels in Istanbul paid by Saudi Arabia and Turkey, they happen on the ground in Syria, between the various locals who want peace, and the local guys who have defended their towns and villages against everybody, Assad as well as Nusra and Daesh, which have been ready to compromise with Nusra when Nusra was winning but are ready to compromise with Assad once Assad is winning.