What's more barbaric, Hunting or Dog fighting?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Ganymede, Jul 27, 2007.

1. halo07guy Registered Senior Member

But when its in a stew, along with some chicken broth, carrots, green beans, and small potatoes, it picks up the flavor of a very tender, very sweet beef, especially when salted. This is assuming, of course, that you slow cook it. And usually one rabbit is equal to one person. And unlike commercial meats, theres no steroids, or artifical additives. Just pure, unrefined meat.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

*Salivating*

Yea well that's the problem with today's meat, its all artificial it doesnt feel like real meat, I want to eat pure natural meat

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

They enjoyed taking the life of an animal? Sick... That's all I can say.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

I thought I was eating chicken. Once I was done. My uncle informed me it was a rabbit. So go figure.

8. iceaura Valued Senior Member

The reds that were left, you mean, after a few thousand years of adjusting to North America.

Hard lessons, well learned. The reds that did not learn them did not last.

But probably at least a few - or a few dozen - of the large, edible and /or dangerous, inexperienced animals that went extinct within a few hundred years of the advent of sophisticated human weaponry in the paleontological record

were hunted to extinction. As happened in Australia, New Zealand, Madagascar, etc.

Most hunters - especially deer hunters - are jerks on vacation with rifles. But that doesn't mean hunting itself is inherently evil - any human being who pretends they can exist on the planet without killing animals is in denial, and anyone who cannot find or imagine a spiritual value in killing on purpose, with intent, for good reason and well motivated and with respect, has probably spent very little time in the company of those animals they claim to honor.

We're all going to kill, and we're all going to die, after all.

9. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Yep, they enjoyed the hunt, they enjoyed the kill with a clean shot, and they enjoyed providing. And they even enjoyed doing it together.
    My husband and daughter enjoy fishing. They enjoy being together, they enjoy the hunt of finding them, they enjoy reeling them in. And I enjoy cooking them.

We are just a sick bunch of joyful people!! :runaway:

10. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

God, are you really this stupid? Wait don't answer that, it whas rhetorical. 99% of hunting is for food, but why is it wrong to enjoy gathering food. After all it is a worthwhile thing to be doing with your life, feeding your family. The joy from a successful (or more often unsuccessful) hunt is a postive reinforcment for doing a good thing.

11. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

But I suppose against tough prey, there is a thrill to it. I've never hunted, but I've always wanted to and it sounds thrilling, a true sport. And then, you enjoy the spoils of your victory.

12. SoLiDUS OMGWTFBBQ Registered Senior Member

Uh huh. Learn to read and I'll consider what you have to write about...

Yeah, I actually had to quote myself because you have the reading comprehension of a 5 year old. Great, isn't it?

13. Enmos Valued Senior Member

OK..

you people honestly believe the meat in the store comes from hunters ??
    Please..

14. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Here, all large livestock goes through auction, to a feedlot, then to a slaughter house. Its just how the USDA wants things done. There are no farmers selling their animals to restaurants.

15. Enmos Valued Senior Member

"You care for nothing but shooting, dogs, and rat- catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family." ~Robert Darwin

LOL

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

16. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

This past winter my brother's family ate quite well. He also made a heck of a lot of money from selling the head/rack.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

17. draqon Banned Banned

this sort of thing is legal? were?

18. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Im sorry but dont you have stores over there that sell meat ? :bugeye:

19. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

yes, but you have to pay for it. All he spent on this was money for a license. They dress it out themselves, package/freeze it themselves, and he made a hell of a profit selling the head to a vacation/hunting lodge. He wanted to keep it but it wouldn't fit in his house.
    By killing this big one, he frees up space for a younger buck, helping the gene pool.

20. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Well, that's a little shaky - the gene pool probably would be better off if he'd killed a sickly, weak animal.

Hunting is pretty obviously less abusive and more respectful, in essence, than close confinement industrial productions of "meat" .

21. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

No, those ones go to the wolves and bears.

22. Enmos Valued Senior Member

What iceaura said, and i want to add that nature has managed for millions of years without help of humans. Nature doesnt need humans to thrive, rather it would do far better without humanity.

This said, the only argument you have left is making profit.

23. Enmos Valued Senior Member

I am certainly not disputing the abusiveness of "close confinement industrial productions of 'meat'". But, at least here in the Netherlands, things are getting better and better in that respect. People here are actually willing to pay more if they know the animal had a 'good' life; like enough space to move around and natural food etc. It can be done.
    Furthermore, what if everybody starts saying that "Hunting is pretty obviously less abusive and more respectful, in essence, than close confinement industrial productions of 'meat'" and starts acting upon it ? Do you see a problem with that ?