What would you do & what would you not do to avoid going to hell?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by StrangerInAStrangeLand, Apr 13, 2009.

1. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

It is unfortunate & by this time disgusting that you cannot come to the table willing to discuss the topic of the thread (or just stay out of it) without taking it off into unrelated bullshit.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. SnakeLord snakeystew.com Valued Senior Member

I don't see any relevance to what was stated and an expected response to it. The fact is, if I'm dead and can't do anything, then I can't do anything and the original question becomes moot. I answered the original question on the basis that I could. If I can't, I can't - what more do you want?

What? You claimed that "atheism covers a broader spectrum in its proper application". I have stated that in it's "proper application", atheism means not believing in gods and - by not believing in any of them, it doesn't get any "broader". Kindly explain your statement. There wont be any 'table' unless you establish what you mean by your rather bizarre statements. Do tell me lg, what exactly is "atheism in its proper application"?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. lightgigantic Banned Banned

All that is clear is that you can't do things as you can normally do things in your current experience of them.

Everything else is padded out by radical reductionism.

Your atheism (at least as far as you have explained it) is accommodated by christianity.

I guess that would make you a christian atheist.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. SnakeLord snakeystew.com Valued Senior Member

Given the scope of the question, I can. If you want to re-ask the question with a "you can't" then feel free to ask it. Wont get many answers I wouldn't have thought.

Unusually bizarre statement but... ok? Might I ask how that even attempts to answer my question?

You claimed that "atheism covers a broader spectrum in its proper application". I have stated that in it's "proper application", atheism means not believing in gods and - by not believing in any of them, it doesn't get any "broader". Kindly explain your statement.

That I live in a christian dominated society and as such spend more time debating christians and christian concepts is par for the course. It doesn't answer the question.

8. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Let me say this about that... i do not want to be on fire for eternity... but if to avoid this so-called "fare an just punishment" i had to beleive that bible-God was anythang but a monster... then the queston woud be... woud it be posible for me to avoid hell... an i say... "mayb".!!!

It woud require a thorough brane-warshin thru mental an psychical abuse... includin long sermans an starvaton... ect... so i woud join 1 of the beter cults (religions) an tell 'em to sock-it-to-me.!!!

But befor i did that... i woud want to know what my circumstances woud be if i did avoid hell.. ie... woud i jus stay dead after i dyed... or woud i wake up after i dyed an spend eternity wit Jesus/God/Holey-Gost/Mohamid... ect... cause if i didnt jus stay dead... i thank i druther go to hell.???

I mean... what if heaven was like church 24/7/eternity:-(

Ive been to church about 6 times an 5 of those times was miserable... an the only time it was fun was when me an a couple of buddys got the giggles an was asked to leave

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. lightgigantic Banned Banned

Snakelord
    Perhaps ... but just a moment ago you were insisting on answering it on the scope of your experience (namely "after I'm dead, that's it"
    All I was referencing was the "fact" within your "The fact is, if I'm dead and can't do anything" and where radical reductionism takes the gauntlet.

Perhaps I forgot to also include the bit about your discomfort about moving outside of issues accommodated by christian atheism (hence the whole thing about coming to the table of atheism etc etc)