What would happen If Romans become Jews

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by arauca, Oct 9, 2011.

1. arauca Banned Banned

I ask you again do you know the difference , between the Hasidim Jew and the Nazarene Jew. beside that one have accepted Jashua and the nothe not .

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Mostly because they opposed the mutilation of infants.

In fact, the Roman Judean wars should rightly be called, the wars against circumcision.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. arauca Banned Banned

You have an interesting point , even in the case of Bar Kohba , It could noth bother Romans to much sense the slowed for a period more then 150 years , beside there were many Jews in Rome yet apparently the state did not persecuted them as they persecuted the Christian and they Christian were not circumcised

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

You asked why the Romans did not convert to Judaism so I answered that question.

Now you are asking a different question. When the Romans conquered Judea, Herod was installed as their puppet dictator over the region. Herod convinced the Romans that the way to maintain peace was to allow the Judeans to practice their own religion - in the Roman empire, all Roman citizens were automatically subscribed to the Roman religion

Christianity at the time was seen as a Jewish sect. But since they skipped the circumcision, Christians managed to get a lot more converts among the Romans, posing serious competition for the Roman religion

Last edited: Oct 13, 2011
  8. arauca Banned Banned

The word competition , could be if the emperor considered himself as god.
    but otherwise is doubtful

9. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

It was the nature of Christianity. Prior to Christianity, Romans were quick to adopt the gods of the people they conquered and add them to the pantheon and the followers of those religions were okay with sacrificing to the Roman gods. But Christians refused to offer sacrifices to the Roman gods and as you intuited, to the semi-god like Roman Emperor.

10. arauca Banned Banned

I would say again, The Jews were spread all around the Mediterranean sea during Roman and Roman did not persecute them and children were born to Jews in the city of Roma .

Do you mean Hadrian brought several legions of military because circumcision.
    I think it would make more sense to say ,\
    .The was against the circumcised , because the circumcised were rebel and declared independence, and they will not pay taxes.

Let me give you an example of circumcised 65 years ago . When German soldiers wanted to identify who was a Jew ; they told him to get their pants down and show the penis.

11. arauca Banned Banned

Your reference from BBC make more sense.

There can be an argument against bowing to other god . Jews would not bow to other gods also .

12. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

They did not persecute them for following their religion among themselves, because they made them pay the Jewish tax. However, it is not correct to say that they did not persecute them at all, since circumcising a non-Jew had a legal consequence:
    But they did not rebel against the taxes as long as they were allowed to practise their religion. And the Roman aversion to circumcision was also due to their religious beliefs. Which they adopted from the Greeks :
    And this is relevant to Roman opinions about circumcision because?

13. AlexG Like nailing Jello to a tree Valued Senior Member

So what? I've done 15 years of hebrew school, and my bar mitzvah. That was 50 years ago. I've lived as a jew for that long, and I'm certainly not going argue judaism with someone as ignorant as you.

14. gmilam Valued Senior Member

Are you a troll or an idiot?

15. arauca Banned Banned

Thank you for the complement .

At your age it is sort of immature to insult , shalom