What is the strangest that has ever happened to you?

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by rjr6, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

you're being very antagonistic today.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Enmos Valued Senior Member

You sound exactly like Q today.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

no, you sound like Q today, if Q were a woman.

Q doesn't discuss the characteristics of god with me. he couldn't. he doesn't know god. he doesn't even believe in the possibility of god so he calls me a crazy liar.

i on the other hand do know god, am familiar with his characteristics, and am also familiar with your agenda here.

you're just disappointed that it's not working.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Enmos Valued Senior Member

I sound like Q ? I tell you my personal experiences and you call me a liar.
    Who sounds like Q then, eh ?

And what's the woman thing about ? Another insult ?

8. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

from what i know of god, based on my experience, which is substantiated by scripture, either you are lying, or the voice was lying. it just doesn't jive.

women use words like "exactly", "never", "always" alot. it's exaggeration. men don't generally do that. that's what i've observed anyway.

9. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Well, maybe your experiencies weren't of God then, or maybe you are lying.
    I know what happened to me.

I've used it once. Are you telling me that men don't use those words at all ?

10. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Wait a minute.. you DID ask God to visit me, didn't you ? :bugeye:
    What other 'contacts' do you have ?

11. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

i did ask god to show himself to you. and you appreciate that by mocking me? thanks.

what do you mean by contacts?

12. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

what i know of god has been substantiated by what i know about the world around me, and about myself, and other people, and in scripture.

no, that would be exaggerating.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

13. stereologist Escapee from Dr Moreau Registered Senior Member

Some amazing things:
    1. Been up close to an erupting volcano (way too close)
    2. Saw night lit up by a fireball

Something I saw and later found an explanation for:
    1. Opalescent sky
    2. Circumzenith arc

14. rjr6 Devout Theist Registered Senior Member

What was occurring when you saw the sky appear opalescent? Was the fireball part of the erupting volcano?

15. rjr6 Devout Theist Registered Senior Member

You were physically attacked/affected by something that utilized the internet's connection with your computer?

16. stereologist Escapee from Dr Moreau Registered Senior Member

The opalescent sky was likely due to a volcanic eruption. Here is a site that calls it an iridescent cloud. In my sighting the entire sky was this color pattern. The sun was behind the volcano to the east.

http://www.atoptics.co.uk/droplets/irid1.htm

The fireball passed overhead while I was sitting by a campfire cooking dinner. It was suddenly very bright. I looked up and saw a brilliant fireball.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2009
  17. rjr6 Devout Theist Registered Senior Member

Reason is to learn and expand my present state of comprehension.

18. rjr6 Devout Theist Registered Senior Member

In dying, you mean figuratively?

19. rjr6 Devout Theist Registered Senior Member

How much time elapsed and did the stationery return to it's original form?

20. Enmos Valued Senior Member

I'm not mocking you.

Look Lori, of course I was making a point. And it worked too, kinda.
    I'm sorry if I offended you and/or SAM.. especially SAM, since I said some harsh stuff about Islam.
    Edit: My apologies to you too, rjr6.

21. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Umm.. Lori, what you know of God IS what you experience in the world around you, how you interpret that, what you hear form other people and what you get from scripture.
    What you're saying is that what you know of God is what you know of God. It is not substantiated in any meaningful way at all.

22. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Why do you deny that it may have been an hallucination ?
    And, what do think it might have been if it wasn't an hallucination ?

23. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

it started when i wasn't at home. i had left the stationery on the coffee table, with the letter i had prepared to send, and the address written on a separate piece of paper. when i returned from a trip to the store, i found the piece of paper with the address on it on the floor next to the table. i picked it up to find that the edges of it on either side looked weird...morphed. it looked as if it had gotten wet, been disfigured, and then dried. i hadn't been gone long enough for that to have happened i didn't think. at first i figured the dog or one of the cats had knocked it off the table and chewed on it or something, but it wasn't wet, and there were no teeth marks or punctures.

i kind of gave up on explaining it to myself, and put it back on the coffee table. i had gone to the store to buy a cassette tape to make a copy of one i was sending along with the letter. when i opened the tape deck on my stereo, there was already a cassette in it. it didn't belong to me and i had no idea where it came from, so i hit play and sat down on the couch to listen. turns out it was a mix tape that one of my friends had made and left at my house months prior. but as i sat there listening, and just staring off at nothing in particular (the coffee table being right in front of me), that's when the paper with the address started morphing in front of my eyes. it resumed from the areas that i noticed when i arrived home. it almost looked like the impression of two hands moving toward the center of the page from either side of the page. the corners started turning inward. it was wading itself up. i then notice that the celophane that was packaging the stationery began to become striated, as if it were shrinking. this was happening to both packages, the sheets of paper in one, and the envelopes in the other. this continued to the point at which the envelopes were being forced out the open end of the package as it shrunk.

this entire exerience lasted for about 10 minutes i would say, until i asked, "does this mean you don't want me to send the letter?" i perceived a confirmation that i was correct about that, and the morphing stopped. the paper and packaging did not return to their original form.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2009