What is the real reason christians join scientific forums?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Medicine*Woman, Aug 17, 2006.

1. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

not me, I asked if it did not then how did it manifest?

So how did it manifest?

How many brain cells does it take to manifest consciousness?
    What are the ingredients for consciousness?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

Redardless

back to thread topic, why do theists (despite many scientists being theists) have no place on a science forum?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. wsionynw Master Queef Valued Senior Member

They do have a place, they post threads all the time. The question was why do they post on sciforums, and why do they think quotes from the Bible will convince anyone that isn't a theist?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. wsionynw Master Queef Valued Senior Member

God must have done it

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

many theists here don't make any contribution to the religion forum, many theists have never read the Bible and so never quote it, like myself. Many theists are interested in the other forums and contribute accordingly.

so why is it theists despite the fact many of them are scientists, perhaps employed accordingly should not join a science board.

Common people...you are going to have to do better than this.

9. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

is this your answer, I assume thus you don't have an answer, do let me know when someone does. My guess is never

10. wsionynw Master Queef Valued Senior Member

I don't have an answer, and I would never make up an answer such as "God did it". Until science finds an answer to any given question I won't waste my time thanking God or the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

11. wsionynw Master Queef Valued Senior Member

Wait, hold up, I didn't say theists or Christians or Muslims, etc, should not to post on sciforums. The question was why do they choose to? Frankly I don't care for an answer, I'm just correcting you.

12. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

Science does not have an answer??

There is an answer though

It is actually a very simple question:

How did consciousness manifest?

The most basic of all questions surely.

I have referred this question to the biology forum.

13. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

Theism is just symbolism for what we cannot comprehend at the moment. It's very convienent.

I don't know how life started. However it's easy to assume and believe that "God" did it, therefore the question is solved. No more worries.

I'd rather try to figure out all the who, what, when, where, why, and how questions and answer those. So far.. we only answered "who" but without any proof or reason for doing so. We rely on lack of evidence to say God did it. We need answers and evidence for all the six questions.

14. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

Science is SLOW but it will get there, it will conclude intelligent design.

How did consciousness manifest from nothing? When did humans become conscnious, were we ever not conscious creatures? Where from nothing did it come?

15. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

I suggest you reply to this:

16. wsionynw Master Queef Valued Senior Member

17. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

Even more interesting: it makes sense.

18. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

it isn't at zero, so no reply needed,

explain the complexity of the human eye ball and how it 'evolved' thus?

19. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

Ok then. Fair enough. Tell us what evidence there is for intelligent design.

I seem to think you believe a complex system isn't capable of reaching homeostasis and advancing. Interesting.

20. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/evolution/library/01/1/l_011_01.html

21. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

from nothing? randomly, by accident?

22. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

Plants seem to grow from "nothing."

The ingredients are there. It just takes random chance to grow. I have tried to grow three apple trees in the past few weeks. Nothing. And I am using some top-notch soil and enough water. Nothing. It just takes time and "luck."

I finally got a sprout.. very small.. but it was there. Then it died in a day. Wtf? God must have killed it. He doesn't want me to enjoy apples.

23. Diogenes' Dog Subvert the dominant cliche... Registered Senior Member

It's more than that - it's the aknowledgement that life is a mystery, of which we can only elucidate some parts using e.g. science. Moreover, the task is infinite as every answer we find seems to raise more questions.

So, for theists, God is the name given to this eternal mystery at the heart of everything... the fact that the construction of the universe is so elegant and greater than our best minds can understand.

Why do christians join scientific forums? - Because science and religion are both interested in the mystery. They should be complementary, not exclusive.