What is the healthiest meal?

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by ChildOfTheMind, Sep 2, 2004.

1. toby1986 Registered Member

not eating - and not eating carbs, maked the body enter a state of ketosis. Your body will be running on diesel, rather than premium petrol

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

i currently eat 8 meals a day (and work out 5 times a week).

my body fat percentage is lowering, and i am gaining muscle.

good foods are lean meats, fish, nuts, green leafy veg, fruit (red is best), eggs, milk, water, brown rice, wholegrain pasta, olive oil..

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. duendy Registered Senior Member

This i only discovered this food myself last year:

Quinoa:
    Quinoa (pronounced 'keenwa') which has been grown for 5000 years and is reputed to have given the Azrecs their enormous strength, contains significantly more protein than any grain, and the quality of its protein is better than meat. quinoa is not technically a grain, but rather a fruit. Nutritionally, it is quite unique, containing more protein than a grain, and more essential fat than fruit. It is also rich in vitamins and minerals, providing almost four times as much calcium as wheat, plus extra iron, B vitamins and vitamin E. Quinoa is also low in fat and the majority of its oil is polyunsaturated, providing essntial fatty acids. As such, quinoa is about as close to a perfect food as you can get.
    Quinoa can be found in many healthfood stores and may be used as an alternative to rice. To cook it, add twice as much as water and boil for 15 minutes". (The Optimum Nutrition Cookbook, by Patrick Holford & Judy Ridgway

it is lovely btw

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.