What is the false gospel?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Medicine*Woman, Mar 2, 2007.

1. John99 Banned Banned

Gone at 36. incredible.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Myles Registered Senior Member

How can that church be wrong when the Pope is infallible and Christ's vicar on earth. It's your choice, either the RCC or the Lake of Fire

All Praise the Vatican

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Myles Registered Senior Member

Some of my best friends are Pharisees but I wouldn't want my daughter to marry one.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. John99 Banned Banned

And where did you get that from?

8. John99 Banned Banned

M*W, what planet was Bob Marley?

9. Myles Registered Senior Member

A priest and, as we know, priests don't lie. Protestants do.

10. John99 Banned Banned

Well they're human so?

11. Myles Registered Senior Member

Priests are not human, they are God's anointed. All Protestants lie and are heading for the Lake of Fire which God, in his infinite mercy, has prepared for them.

All Hail the Vatican

12. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

the bible, yes. one man, or one man-made organization's interpretation of it, no. i think that the bible is more than just a book to be interpreted by some man's discretions, but a spiritual tool to be used, and interpreted by the holy spirit on a personal level. i've had the holy spirit use it in this way with me.

the traditions taught throughout the bible are of many different people and of many different groups having a personal relationship with god. either hearing his voice and reacting to it, or knowing jesus christ personally while alive and the reprocussions of it. there weren't a lot of stories about people going to a church, but of becoming the church, no matter where they went or who they were affiliated with. those who are born again, who hear god's voice and are given new eyes and couseled in their own lives of the holy spirit do witness in simply living those lives and interacting with those around them. and they do teach if called upon to do so. we hear the same voice, and are counseled by the same spirit, so we are inherently of the mind and love, that's coming from the same source. we are one in spirit. whether we are physically proximal or not. do you really think that being a member of one particular organization is the means to salvation? i think there are a lot of factors and scriptures that you may not be considering or considering with the right perspective. one of my favorite scriptures is john 3:1-21. it's about an interaction between jesus and a man named nicodemus, who is a pharisee, which is one of the men who ran the temple. it seems to me that most of the people involved in organized religion today are nothing but modern day pharisees. and if you're wondering why those at the rcc might misrepresent this aspect of salvation, think about what they stand to lose if people realized they didn't need them to receive it.

13. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

do you mean you have a problem with the holy spirit or religious institutions?

14. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

that was funny.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

ok to me it was, but really it's not funny because people actually believe this shit! so maybe they deserve it for being so gullable? or maybe they're not gullable, maybe the rcc satisifies some ill intent on their part. as i would guess that giving your life and money to the vatican is lot easier than giving it to christ. christ'll put a whammy on your ass. no hail marys will get you outta that shit. it's one thing to sit through a catechism class and confess your sins to some faceless guy in a booth and recite some bullshit. but it's quite another to have your life laid open and turned upside down by god himself.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2008
  15. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

hilarious

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

16. Myles Registered Senior Member

Are you tying to tell me that you are not a member of the One True Church ?

17. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: I don't have a problem with the holy spirit, because I don't believe in it. I do have a problem with religious institutions, because they are man-made and corrupt.

18. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

i'm down with OTC, yeah you know me...

19. Myles Registered Senior Member

Repent, before the Lord in his infinite wrath, etc.!

20. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

you know, you could get paid for that. :shrug:

21. Myles Registered Senior Member

I sell sermons by the yard, o sunful one,

22. redwards I doubt it Registered Senior Member

:shrug: The tool itself declares that you should all agree, and rely upon faithful instructors. Sounds like a church and an official doctrine to me.

The bible, as far as I'm aware, has no examples of individuals disagreeing with one another on Christian doctrine. Individual interpretations of it clearly lead to that.

Of course not, I think you're all nuts.

Well obviously. I'm not trying to make an honest suggestion that the Catholic Church is the way to go, I'm simply pointing out that your own interpretation of "the way it ought to be" is also contradicted by the bible (I suspect other passages would support it), because the book itself is meaningless, contradictory tripe.

23. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

no it doesn't. think about how much conflict goes on amongst denominations and within the denominations themselves. it's pure politics at this point. i'm not sure it was ever anything else. those who know god personally do agree because we are all instructed by the same source, and that is the holy spirit.

denominationalism and church politics clearly lead to that. and because of it, it's no wonder you think we're all nuts. the holy spirit is the great interpreter.

what i am testifying to is 100% confirmed repeatedly in the bible. you'll see...