What is the best band ever?

Discussion in 'Art & Culture' started by hedball, Jul 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. certified psycho Beware of the Shockie Monkey Registered Senior Member

Now-a-days bands aren't what bands were back in the days. I think bands were more talented during the 60's, 70's, 80's and early 90's. But there are still some good bands today ie. Incubus, SOAD,.....

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. MattBellamy Banned Banned

Muse of course

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Odin'Izm Procrastinator Registered Senior Member

I agree... but since your like matt bellamy .. isnt that sort of like kissing your own a$$?

Last edited: Dec 22, 2004
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. MattBellamy Banned Banned

I dident mean to boast or anything...

my Favorite band would have to be Radiohead

8. Jaden Registered Member

Wow, this post has been going on a long time . . . last July . . . is that normal? Anyway; Radiohead is pretty awesome. Nirvana is classic (well, for the 90's anyway). Some bands I respect but don't listen to often are: U2, Pink Floyd, Tool, Beatles, Zeppelin, Hendrix, Halen, Eagles ... you know, all the obvious ones. In their own way, they all deserve the 'best band ever' title, but best is in the eye of the beholder. My favorites for today are Foo Fighters, Radiohead, Nirvana, Depeche Mode, Stone Temple Pilots, REM, (gosh, I always have this feeling like I'm leaving someone out) etc. I'm a song writer myself, and I derive my style from these groups.

Sorry for the long post, btw.

9. LouReed Registered Member

The Velvet Underground is amazing.....Ummmmm Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band are great live....Radiohead, R.E.M.....So many.

But I think Pink Floyd are the best ever. All of there albums are classics, that you can just listen threw all the songs, and love them all.

10. blackmonkeystatue Unregistered User Registered Senior Member

Cream. They were only together for 3 years, but put out some of the best stuff.

11. Tyler N. Registered Senior Member

Underneath the shadows of pink floyd, that is where the gold is. In other words, Progressive rock. Check out King Crimson and Yes. I can't decide which one I like better. Try NIN for a more recent band (even though KC and Yes are still releasing new material every year or so, so technically they are current bands, almost been here for 40 years)

12. Watcher Just another old creaker Registered Senior Member

BAND

That's a tough one, because a lot of what passes for BANDS are really one talented artist dragging a lot of halfwits along with him or her.

Plus I've been kicking about the planet for way too many decades and there are most certainly bands out there that I have not heard, or will never hear. And the reality is that the BEST bands will probably never be recorded.

So to choose among the "bands" that had the luck to be recorded at the peak of their creative genius... well I guess I would have to nominate Pink Floyd (although Sid Barrett and Roger Waters were the primary source of creative genius, IMO).

It's so hard to choose. We are very freaking lucky to live in an age when we are surrounded by hundreds of fantastically creative musicians.

13. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

Yes. Thank you. I am sick of hearing "music is dead"..."music blows today"...There are many excellent artists out there...you just have to keep your eyes open and dig a little.

14. Tyler Registered Senior Member

Amen.

15. Hideki Matsumoto ñ{ìñÇÃóùâ?ÇÕêSÇÃíÜÇ©ÇÁóàÇ ÈÅB Registered Senior Member

B'z/ Takahiro Matsumoto "ROCKS" and X-Japan "Hide with Spread Beaver". Both are the best bands on the planet! By the way interms of western music Tool "hauls ass"

16. vslayer Registered Senior Member

im kinda leaning towards nightwish at the moment, i go through periods, although offspring seems to be pushing up

17. Beryl WWAD What Would Athelwulf Do? Registered Senior Member

That would have to be The Mammals or Donna the Buffalo, with Barachois as a very close third.

18. like William Shatner's "Has Been"?

like Frank Zappa? or Weird Al?

Ohh, I've only heard the Nirvana version, but it makes sense, Bowie has a way with words

19. VossistArts 3MTA3 Registered Senior Member

in my opinion, Victor Wooten's band

20. Simonbubly Registered Member

grateful Dead

21. kornrulz Satan is a Nerd Registered Senior Member

korn, maetallica, or rammstein

22. hotsexyangelprincess WMD Registered Senior Member

SOAD is damn good, they have a new album coming out in march i think, Chevelle is good, and so is Coheed and Cambria. Ben Folds Five is awesome. :m:

23. vslayer Registered Senior Member

korn and rammstein are ok, but mettallica is too repetitive and overproduced

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.