What is the best band ever?

Discussion in 'Art & Culture' started by hedball, Jul 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tim johal Registered Member

Basically Deftones are the best band around and will be for a long time. Its simple, all their songs are perfect. Deftones can produce any kind of song, be it a fast more punky style: Be quiet and Drive, a heavy song: Shove it, or a slow paced anthem like Minerva (Which by the way is the ABSOLUTE best song in the world by an easy gap). Deftones are perfect at the moment, if they become m ore commercial then I might even go off them, but at the moment the alternative and emo community all know and love them which is the way it should be.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. certified psycho Beware of the Shockie Monkey Registered Senior Member

All in all Led Zeppelin is the greatest and will remain the greatest band in the whole fucking world.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Best band (individual): any with Jimi Hendrix; most innovative guitarist ever, all others copied him, they wish they could play like him, sound like him, dream like him, pale imitiations (pun not intended)

Best band (sum plus parts): the Eagles, best guitarists (plural), songs, etc...
    "Hotel California", need I say more?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. though a good band, their only song that can get any honorable mention is, "Stairway to Heaven", the best acoustic/electric combo song ever, the transition is phenomenal, everything else they did, is so-so

8. certified psycho Beware of the Shockie Monkey Registered Senior Member

The whole band itself is genius. Every member has unmatched talent.

9. apendrapew Oral defecator Registered Senior Member

I began listening to Rancid quite heavily lately and man did they surprise me. They're not the best band, but holy shit are they good. They've recorded about 10 CDs, 5 of which are full length. They don't screw around at all. Each of their full length CDs has 19-23 songs. For a band with an image of alcoholism and asskicking, their music is surprisingly well composed and produced. If you love punkrock, you cannot miss this band.

10. ScRaMbLe Chaos Inc. Registered Senior Member

I like Led Zep, but personally I think they're a bit overated. They've got a few awesome tracks like the brooding 'Kashmir' and 'Dazed and confused', the upbeat 'Immigrant song' and 'D'yer maker', some classic riffs like 'Black dog' and 'Whole lotta love' and of course the timeless 'Stairway to heaven'... but all in all, although the music is exceptional I find the vocals to be pretty irritating after a while...

*prepares to be crucified*

11. ScRaMbLe Chaos Inc. Registered Senior Member

They're one of those bands that I've always been meaning to get around to listening to, but always forget about when I walk into a music shop! Any 'best album' recommendations apendrapew?

12. apendrapew Oral defecator Registered Senior Member

I've only listened to 'Indestructible', 'Let's go', and 'Life Won't Wait'. Indestructible is more commercial than the others, but still really good. I would recommend 'Life Won't Wait' for you to get first. I think you'll really enjoy the choruses. Every song on this CD is awesome and there's 22 of them!

13. ScRaMbLe Chaos Inc. Registered Senior Member

Alrighty, will do!

14. Spyke Registered Senior Member

Read recently that Queen may do a reunion tour. Paul Rogers filled in as front man for the group at the British Rock & Roll Hall of Fame and apparently got a good enough reception from the audience that they're considering taking it on tour. Brian May and Roger Taylor are for it, but they have to get John Deacon to sign on still. Obviously Paul Rogers can't duplicate Mercury's unique vocal range, not sure who could sound just like him, but still, Rogers is one of the legendary rock vocalists in his own right, and I would be curious to hear that combination.

15. Voodoo Child Registered Senior Member

Led Zeppelin. Also the best live band by an order of magnitude.

16. Shakespeare Registered Member

The best bands ever? I like: U2, Incubus, A Perfect Circle, Nirvana and more....

Last edited: Dec 19, 2004
  17. Nuttyfish Guest

The Guns n' Roses were amazing for a while...then they went all crap.

18. wacky poetry(?), you obviously don't go to readings or poetry jams, you such get out more often

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

though I wouldn't say this band was great, I feel that the idea of putting poetry to music was diff, but no more so, than Bob Dylan or others did.

& if you think about it, all lyrics are a type of poetry, diff rules of metre, but they tell a story or give an idea, mood or emotion....

see Nirvana, read the lyrics & then hear the song, "The man who sold the world", or Led Zep's "Stairway to Heaven", the Beatles "Yesterday", etc...

pure poetry man

19. JustARide America: 51% fucking idiots Registered Senior Member

Best band of all time: The Beatles.
    Best band working today: Radiohead.

20. ScRaMbLe Chaos Inc. Registered Senior Member

Hmm...

Of course, but I was more refering to the spoken word aspects of some of the doors lyrics. Don't get me wrong, I've got nothing but respect for the doors. I think Morrison was a brilliant mind, but there's nothing to say you cant be brilliant AND wacky!

I'm being petty, but thats Bowie.

21. andy2122 Registered Member

Well the best band ever has to be The Who..Their live performances were the best ever!!

22. slotty Colostomy-its not my bag Registered Senior Member

Floyd for a live gig. Amazing. :m:

23. The Charmer Registered Member

In my opinion, Faith No More do it for me.
    Or later-day Metallica.

Charmed...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.