What is money worth?

Well people decide for themselves what life is worth in a free country.
You just said that telling someone their life is worth a specific amount would help maintain that amount of money. So what is that amount? Two cents? Ten billion dollars? I mean, without a number the statement is pretty meaningless.

You just said that telling someone their life is worth a specific amount would help maintain that amount of money. So what is that amount? Two cents? Ten billion dollars? I mean, without a number the statement is pretty meaningless.
Half a house… you gotta earn the rest. Or get married: worldwide.

OK now we are making progress. So a life is worth half a house. What is that value? Do you use an average house in Hong Kong? In Little Rock?
Well worldwide average. So worst case scenario you own half a house and starve to death because you refused to work and leveraged your equity into shiny things

Well people decide for themselves what life is worth in a free country. But half a house I suppose would keep young people from becoming criminals
Do you honestly think this? Do you have anything to support the notion?
So worst case scenario you own half a house and starve to death because you refused to work and leveraged your equity into shiny things
And this is a good thing, is it?

First, governments target who they give handouts to, usually to those most in need.
Second, they do so at a level that intends to help them manage day to day while also encouraging them to work, as work is what makes the economy turn.
A person in need will, at least in the UK, receive far more assistance than the price of half a house. The maximum one can receive on Universal Credit, for example, is c.£13-14k, so over just ten years you're ahead of the price of half a house. But those who do not need do not get anything. And this seems reasonable.

Also, are you suggesting that a government, once giving someone the value of half a house, washes their hands of them with regard further financial assistance? That the government would let them starve if they had invested that money in a house... or, heaven forbid, in stocks and shares and see their money wiped out in a crash?? And you would support such a government?

Your thinking on this matter seems ill-thought out, I'm afraid.

Back