what is life?

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by minas, Dec 28, 2008.

1. alfa1 Banned Banned

Why they don't like people?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Because people suck.

They probably dislike humanity in general, perhaps because of numerous bad experiences with their fellow humans.
    Or maybe they just can't cope with society socially.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Bishadi Banned Banned

because of lack of integrity

many are too selfishly complacent; without any backbone to be honest over the accepted environment

to me; if an sob fibs just to keep friends, they not worth the oxygen they use up.

meaning; lie to me and its like being dead, to me.

some accept the 'city' mind

i don't

it is why many cultures remain divided from the big city societies

the old indigenous hated the white men because his word was worthless

if a man represents, he should be able to die by his words.

When you read from me, be certain more work has been done to make sure than 10 times your best professors combined, or i would not be saying a da.mn thing.

some actually care about who they are and what they represent; others don't

what is life?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Enmos Valued Senior Member

That's a lot of words to say you agree

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. Bishadi Banned Banned

that there is a HUGE difference of between humans and hoomans

ONE is honest the other............. well........ you know!

9. Enmos Valued Senior Member

I think you'll have to explain.. I am but a hooman, you know

10. Bishadi Banned Banned

hence our differences

the defining has been made, you just furnished the labels

11. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Wot ? R me being duscrimunathut aghenst ?

12. alfa1 Banned Banned

Today is the anniversary of the first apparition at Lourdes - 11 February 1858:
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernadette_Soubirous
    catholicpilgrims.com/lourdes/bc_bernadette_lourdes.htm

In 1925, the third and final exhumation of the body was conducted:

"What struck me during this examination, of course, was the state of perfect preservation of the skeleton, the fibrous tissues of the muscles (still supple and firm), of the ligaments, and of the skin, and above all the totally unexpected state of the liver after 46 years. One would have thought that this organ, which is basically soft and inclined to crumble, would have decomposed very rapidly or would have hardened to a chalky consistency. Yet, when it was cut it was soft and almost normal in consistency. I pointed this out to those present, remarking that this did not seem to be a natural phenomenon."

Last edited: Feb 11, 2009
  13. alfa1 Banned Banned

Darwin didn’t know my theory: the majority are at animal level. That’s why he didn’t know that he was speaking to the animals about evolution.

14. Bishadi Banned Banned

Are you suggesting the monkeys will stay monkeys, by their own choice?

15. alfa1 Banned Banned

Darwin

The year 2009 is the 150th anniversary of the publication of On the Origin of Species (24 November 1859) and the 200th anniversary of Darwin's birth (12 February 1809).

16. alfa1 Banned Banned

Mtsar forum

Here is The MTSAR FORUM

redicecreations.com/mtsarforum

17. alfa1 Banned Banned

The cause for aging is most likely a combination of many factors:

Telomere Theory
    Telomeres (structures at the ends of chromosomes) have experimentally been shown to shorten with each successive cell division. Shortened telomeres activate a mechanism that prevents further cell multiplication. This may be an important mechanism of aging in tissues like bone marrow and the arterial lining where active cell division is necessary. Importantly though, mice lacking telomerase do not show a dramatically reduced lifespan, as the simplest version of this theory would predict.

Reproductive-Cell Cycle Theory
    The idea that aging is regulated by reproductive hormones that act in an antagonistic pleiotropic manner via cell cycle signaling, promoting growth and development early in life in order to achieve reproduction, but later in life, in a futile attempt to maintain reproduction, become dysregulated and drive senescence (dyosis). At the same time, castrated animals, although living somewhat longer, still experience senescence, even in the absence of reproductive hormones.

Wear-and-Tear theory
    The very general idea that changes associated with aging are the result of chance damage that accumulates over time.

Somatic Mutation Theory
    The biological theory that aging results from damage to the genetic integrity of the body’s cells.

Error Accumulation Theory
    The idea that aging results from chance events that escape proof reading mechanisms, which gradually damages the genetic code.

Evolutionary Theories
    See Theories of aging in Senescence. These are by far the most theoretical; however, their usefulness is somewhat limited as they do not provide readily testable biochemically based interventions.
    Accumulative-Waste Theory
    The biological theory of aging that points to a buildup of cells of waste products that presumably interferes with metabolism.

Autoimmune Theory
    The idea that aging results from an increase in autoantibodies that attack the body's tissues. A number of diseases associated with aging, such as atrophic gastritis and Hashimoto's thyroiditis, are probably autoimmune in this way. While inflammation is very much evident in old mammals, even SCID mice in SPF colonies still senescence.

Aging-Clock Theory
    The theory that aging results from a preprogrammed sequence, as in a clock, built into the operation of the nervous or endocrine system of the body. In rapidly dividing cells the shortening of the telomeres would provide just such a clock. This idea is indirect contradiction with the Evolutionary Based Theory of Aging.

Cross-Linkage Theory
    The idea that aging results from accumulation of cross-linked compounds that interfere with normal cell function.

Free-Radical Theory
    The idea that free radicals (unstable and highly reactive organic molecules, also named reactive oxygen species or oxidative stress) create damage that gives rise to symptoms we recognize as aging.

Mitohormesis
    It has been known since the 1930s that restricting calories while maintaining adequate amounts of other nutrients prevents aging across a broad range of organism. Recently, Michael Ristow has shown that this delay of aging is due to increased formation of free radicals within the mitochondria causing a secondary induction of increased antioxidant defence capacity.

18. alfa1 Banned Banned

practice

God made a lot of low level people for practice.

19. alfa1 Banned Banned

space

The Einstein field equations are used to determine the curvature of spacetime resulting from the presence of mass and energy. This means we can calculate the position of an object moving in spacetime for example a satelite.
    We are moving too in a field following precise trajectories until we die; in my view the spacetime of our death is seald; the place and the time of our death is known long time before we die.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2009
  20. alfa1 Banned Banned

The spacetime of our death: the problem is to prove it with math, physics…
    John Hagelin(whatthebleep.com/dcstudy/ from the Maharishi University says the consciousness is the Unified Field, the Superstring Field.
    The leading researcher on the superstring field theory is Edward Witten(en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Witten) who doesn’t look like one who knows too much about consciousness.
    My view:
    The basic idea of superstring theory is that the fundamental constituents of reality are strings of the Planck length (about 10−33 cm) which vibrate at resonant frequencies.
    My view is that conciousness is ‘made of something’ what is smaller than tha Planck length (about 10−33 cm) and there the superstring field theory doesn’t work.
    Nobody is able now to work, to look what is beyond the Planck Wall.

21. Cortex_Colossum Banned Banned

Viruses cannot be considered life because they feed off intelligent life. And they are certainly not "alive" in the everyday sense of the word.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2009
  22. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Doesn't virtually all (if not all) life feed off other life.. ?

Don't get me wrong, I don't think viruses qualify either. It's just that your reasons seem screwed up.

23. Bishadi Banned Banned

and most don't look at rust as life either but it is practically the same thing as a virus.

(it will continue by intent of the energy to consume, until the 'environment' (source of sustainance) is changed)

'life'.............purposed to continue! (it's an entropy buster)

"life abuses entropy"