What is Eastern and Western countries?

Discussion in 'History' started by Vlad, Sep 2, 2004.

1. Vlad Registered Senior Member

Apparently my post was deleted. Oh well. I'm not a Westerner? I am Hungarian born, living in Serbia. Hungarians constitute about 5 % of the serbian population. We have lots of Germans living here, too. The only thing that is 'definite' here is that you don't know what you're talking about.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Undecided Banned Banned

I'm not a Westerner? I am Hungarian born, living in Serbia.

So do you think that Hungary is western? Hungarians are from Central Asia, Magyars. You are even less western then a Serb. You aren’t of European stock…give me a break. You are from Vojvodina I would assume?

The only thing that is 'definite' here is that you don't know what you're talking about

Ok go drink mares milk like your ancestors on the Plans of Turkistan, because you aren’t a westerner in any sense.Oh but I forgot you live in the non-existent state of Yugoslavia! Yet I am the idoit! HA! Can you even be considered white? I would vouch that you are mongoloid/Turkic? Please stop hating yourself and admit that you are merely a Asian who adopted European culture.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2004
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Vlad Registered Senior Member

Yes.

Religions:

Roman Catholic 67.5%,
    Calvinist 20%,
    Lutheran 5%,
    atheist and other 7.5%

Government type: parliamentary democracy.

http://atlas.freegk.com/world/europe/hungary/hungary.php

'Following the Hungarian conversion to Christianity in the 10th century, pagan and Eastern cultural elements were replaced by Western cultural and social patterns, and Latin became the official and literary language. During the 15th century Italian artists and scholars introduced the humanistic Renaissance into Hungarian culture. In the 16th century Hungarian replaced Latin. In the 18th and 19th centuries Hungary absorbed the Age of Enlightenment and Western European liberalism. The early 20th century saw the rise of the “West” school of Hungarian intellectuals, who favored the integration of Hungarian cultural elements with modern Western culture.'

The Magyars were a mix of Ural-Altaic Whites and Indo-European Whites.
    And anyway it makes no difference where where people migrated from. If we look at it that way, we all are Africans. 'Western' is a culture, not a geographical location.

Hungary is located in Central Europe.
    What exactly is 'European stock', anyway? Some Nordic white? Are Greeks European stock?

My ancestors are Celtic and Germanic.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Undecided Banned Banned

Yes, the answer is no. You are not western, you aren’t even European learn your history.

Religions:

So that does that mean that the Philippines are Western as well? They are much more Catholic then Hungary? You are so ignorant of what the West is because you don’t live in it, and you aren’t western.

Government type: parliamentary democracy.

So is India Western? Japan? Can I go on? Because I all I know is that you are wasting my time.

http://atlas.freegk.com/world/europe/hungary/hungary.php

'Following the Hungarian conversion to Christianity in the 10th century, pagan and Eastern cultural elements were replaced by Western cultural and social patterns, and Latin became the official and literary language. During the 15th century Italian artists and scholars introduced the humanistic Renaissance into Hungarian culture. In the 16th century Hungarian replaced Latin. In the 18th and 19th centuries Hungary absorbed the Age of Enlightenment and Western European liberalism. The early 20th century saw the rise of the “West” school of Hungarian intellectuals, who favored the integration of Hungarian cultural elements with modern Western culture.'

Thanks for nothing, where’s the part about your Central Asian invasion? You were civilized by the West, Italy, the Austrians, etc. But as you can see your beginnings are pagan and Eastern cultural, the West was always the West. You were not ruled by the Western Roman Empire nor any of the Frankish kingdoms afterwards, by 1914 Hungray was one of the most backward nations of Europe, and not much has changed frankly. You’re an Eastern in Western clothes. Learn your place! Remember you just proved that you were civilized from your barbarian ways, the real West needed so implementation it was natural for us.

The Magyars were a mix of Ural-Altaic Whites and Indo-European Whites.

Actually your ancestors are from the plains of Central Asia, well beyond the Urals.

And anyway it makes no difference where where people migrated from. If we look at it that way, we all are Africans. 'Western' is a culture, not a geographical location.

Western culture is a geographical, historical, cultural, linguistic connection, none of which correspond with Hungary. Your language is not of European stock, you are not of European stock. You merely imitated us in the West.

Hungary is located in Central Europe.
    What exactly is 'European stock', anyway? Some Nordic white? Are Greeks European stock?

European stock are those who did not invade from Central Asia…

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

My ancestors are Celtic and Germanic.

Sure they are…tell yourself that little child. I don’t think the Celtics even lived in what is modern day Hungary/Serbia or as you call it genius…Yugoslavia. LOL!

8. Vlad Registered Senior Member

Ha Ha..I am aware that you're not stupid enough to believe what you're saying there. But I appreciate this little satirical effort you're putting in. It puts out a smile on my face.

This was my favourite part:

9. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Who cares? What's wrong with Eastern bloc nations?

10. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

I'm from the Eastern Europe and proud of it

11. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

Well, most people I know are of the opinion that western society ends at about the eastern border of Germany, Austria, Italia (common in times of the Soviet Union and its satellite states).

12. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

I doubt that you'd find Latvian society all that different from the UK one/non western. But we are still eastern europe.

and about eastern society? what the hell are chinese then?
    eastern europeans are extremely unlike chinese and kaukaz people

13. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

Well, normally there is still the division between near eastern, middle eastern and far eastern countries as well as east european.

14. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

well, on what scale then you judge the easter/western society?
    on european scale we are easterners of course
    but on a world scale we are quite western
    using another scale/method we are northen

15. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

I do not really judge by society, or technology, income, skin colour..., because I do not really think that such differences really matter. The division that is most prominent is outdated anyway. (meaning east bloc nations, communist countries...)

On a personal leve, I simply judge by my geographical position.

16. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

I don't want to say where you are by the geographical location of the chinese if you happen to live in the usa

they have maps with china being the centre
    in europe the maps are with europe in the centre
    all would have been a lot simpler if the world was flat, no?

17. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

For sure.

But you know, Hitle built a castle that is supposedly located on the center of the world (from his viewpoint). There, all the high ranking Nazi officials and the paladins always met...

Doesn´t look that grand, I stayed there for some time, but hey, from some perspective it might be the center....

Well, perhaps I should move to one of the poles, preferably the north pole, than I would be on top, screw the rest.

18. Undecided Banned Banned

Vlad

Ha Ha..I am aware that you're not stupid enough to believe what you're saying there.

I believe everything I wrote, not only is it factual it’s the truth. Hungary is not a western nation you are an eastern nation wearing western clothes. There’s nothing to be ashamed about, just you have to remember we had to civilize you, remember you will the barbarians we never were. So go look at your country, one of the poorest in Europe and stop living in a fantasy land. You don’t even use Latin letters!

But I appreciate this little satirical effort you're putting in. It puts out a smile on my face.

You merely trying to discredit my position by insults or sarcasm only shows the weakness of your arguments not mine. Thanks for the Cognitive surrender. Oh with a name like Vlad you surely aren’t western.

James R

What's wrong with Eastern bloc nations?

I would like to know, it seems Vlad is a self-hating easterner.

Latvia has a great traditional society, you should be proud of it. Who cares if you are Eastern…that’s my point. I’m not saying Western society is the best, unlike self-hating Vlad.

19. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Undecided, you see at this part of the world (North and East of Europe) eastern associates with dirty mongols.
    I am not ashamed of anything, but it's the same as you say a niger to a black person. These easterners have disgussed us for centuries. They are in folk songs from middle ages to Napoleon to both world wars and the songs are still sung today at parties and fiests.

one stanza from one such song ->
    *russian military uniform colour during the WW1

so if somebody says that we are easter europeans it's all really ok with us
    but if we are said to have eastern society or that we are eastern, it's a great insult really

20. Undecided Banned Banned

Undecided, you see at this part of the world (North and East of Europe) eastern associates with dirty mongols.

To be fair though Ava, by racist Western European standards anything past the Oder River is essentially a bunch of Barbarians. By historical Western Standards Germany is not even a western state (I do not consider Germany a western state either). Western Civilization ended at the Rhine, then it arguably extended to the Oder.

These easterners have disgussed us for centuries. They are in folk songs from middle ages to Napoleon to both world wars and the songs are still sung today at parties and fiests.

I assume you mean Russian Slavs as those who “digust” you?

but if we are said to have eastern society or that we are eastern, it's a great insult really

But you aren’t a Western society; you’ll probably be Nordic more then anything else.

21. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

whatever, can't we be an eastern european society, please? /sarcasm level high
    We mean those and the descendants of those who were left in the territory or russia after Chingiz Khan (sp). They greatly mixed with the local inhabitants. Where more, there more the real eastern bloodmark is visable and smellable

22. Undecided Banned Banned

whatever, can't we be an eastern european society, please? /sarcasm level high

If I were you I would much rather be Nordic then Eastern European. I believe that Latvia, Estonia is more Nordic then anything else. Eastern Europeans have been for Western Europe the first region to be “imperialized” in the sense that we used them for cheap labour etc. I wouldn’t say you are an Eastern European society.

We mean those and the descendants of those who were left in the territory or russia after Chingiz Khan (sp). They greatly mixed with the local inhabitents. Where more, there more the real eastern bloodmark is visable and smellable

Interesting tact on the situation to say the least, especially with the “smellable” part. I assume you mean the Golden Horde?

23. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

oh yes, the same horde
    unconditional memories still vivid