What if it all turned out to be real?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by orcot, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Jozen-Bo The Wheel Spinning King!!! Registered Senior Member

OK...what exactly is GOD in the singular sense of the word?
    And what exactly is GOD in the plural sense of the word?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. orcot Valued Senior Member

So it's anti godly the fact he carry's on is a argument that he's not devine? This gives wrist watches at least some divine status

Us are still us a fish will never now the water as the water knows itself I doubt that even the shore banks know.
    Besides where damaged goods (a wonder if he would critizes the apple industry)

As if recently I've been pointed out this isn't exactly true
    Aftherall we aren't worshipping scientists

This one is actually pretty good. A divine act but I doubt it would have any staying powers and it involves actually envolvment (at least she did the things she claimed she did)

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. greenberg until the end of the world Registered Senior Member

1. That I am his creation.
    and/or
    2. That my true happiness lies with him and him alone.

I don't know though how it would be possible to convince me of that, but I suppose God would be able to do that.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. LiveInFaith Registered Senior Member

He would not bother to convince anyone.

He just put those he wants in his part (heaven), and who ridiculed him on the opposite (hell).
    That's convincing.

8. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

A true god would not need to convince anyone of anything, people would inherently know.

9. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

there IS nothing they could do that would definitly convince me (except MAYBE something like bruce almighty) because anything that he\she\it does could be hidden tech. Hell we dont even know how half our OWN tech works so as a sociaty we are used to being in the dark about how things work without beliving them "goddly"

10. orcot Valued Senior Member

You do realise that your descibing yourself do you?

god have us wings when he showed us birds, it takes a couple of millenia before the coin drops.

Does everyone agree's that god does not use tools?

For that matter wat is god exactly creator of the universe or some sort of dictator of the aftherlife?

11. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

orcot you just made me think of the disc world book where rincewind goes back to the begining of the universe and its all done by subcontractor

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

12. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Since there is no God or Gods this is a pointless discussion to me. I believe in myself only. When anything happens that is out of the ordinary I try to figure out exactly how it was done so if ever something appears and claims it is God I will be certain to find out if it really is by careful examination of the facts about it and also see if it can withstand a 45 caliber bullet to its head!

13. orcot Valued Senior Member

could be altough I was thinking on slartybartfast.
    If anything I believe gods would look similar different between a human and the south park version of god