what does this mean?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Orleander, Oct 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

ORLY??
    If you want to get technical...
    http://www.sciforums.com/announcement.php?f=30
    -stupid is a demeaning word
    -Americans are a group of people
    Maybe I just misinterpreted the rules wrong then? :shrug:

I couldn't care less that Saytr called American's stupid. That's not what bothered me. If I had such thin skin to get offended by something like that then I don't belong here. Hell, S.A.M. makes anti-American remarks all the time.
    What does bother me is pretty much what has already been mentioned.

Thanks for giving me your sciforums resume. Color me impressed.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

A moderator for a whole nine months. WOW. Let me go get you a cookie.

George W. Bush has been in office for almost 8 years. Far longer than you have been a moderator here. That doesn't mean he has the competence for the job.

For the last time, my beef is not with the infraction you gave me. I couldn't care less about that. Did I start a thread about it? No. Did I copy and paste both PMs you sent me notifying me of the infraction? No.

The character of not being a push-over and hap hazardly allowing moderators to act and bend the rules to their own agenda as they please? Yep. Sounds about right to me.

Funny thing is, with every other moderator, except for you, that has given me an infraction, I've done just that. Why? Because I see a lot more consistency and fairness with their behavior, and I will treat them with respect and professionalism.
    I'm sorry you fail to realize that bias and inconsistency will earn you no respect as a leader. I'm also sorry that you fail miserably to see that you, even as the almighty nine month sciforums moderater, can be wrong from time to time.
    And at no time did I whine about the actual infraction you gave me. Had you given Satyr an infraction/deleted his post as well or left my post alone, we wouldn't be having this conversation.
    And please don't give me the 'you were warned before, he was warned after...' bullshit excuse. Saytr and I have both been here long enough to know what the rules are and aren't.
    If you percieved my post in violation of the rules, by all means, give me an infraction. Although I believe that neither Satyr nor myself broke your little sub-forum rules where that thread was concerned. We were having a mature debate and aside from him calling Americans stupid (which didn't bother me), no names were called.
    But, what's good for the goose is good for the gander; meaning you did not give Satyr one.
    I did not want to discuss that with you or send you a 'simple' request because for one, your moderation in that situation was inconsistent. And two, you would have never admitted that you had indeed, made a mistake and I just refuse to try to have a mature conversation with someone who won't listen to reason or admit fault.
    Ask Spidey, Plazma and James R(with the exception of the first infraction he gave me) how I handled infractions from them.
    Had you gone about that whole thread a different way, I might have handled it differently.

Once again, I'm not really concerned with the latitude from anyone I don't respect.

As I have already said, I judge posts on a case by case basis and I will not treat a drama king or queen who want to indulge their own personal emotional outbursts the same as a reasonable poster who wants to discuss or an intelligent poster with a tendency to overreact. I don't really care about language or insults, except as they affect the discussions.

In other words, you do indeed play favorites.
    Satyr's posts were no better than mine.

Look, you really, really, really seem to be missing the point I'm trying to make.
    Satyr's posts had the same, if not worse, content than mine. You deleted my post but not his. That's inconsistency at its best. You can twist it anyway you like, but it boils down to that, not the infractions.

If do you want respect, you have to both earn it, and give it back in return.
    If you don't like what I post, like shorty said, put me on ignore.

Yep. Would you have rather me started a thread about it?
    And Sam, anyone who goes against what you think/believe is a drama king/queen, apparently.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. John99 Banned Banned

Gotta love those jersey girls.^^^

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. John99 Banned Banned

it means you should be doing the laundry or watching soap operas.:soapbox:

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

I did both today.........folding laundry while watching the Young and the Restless LOL

8. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Moderators cannot put anyone on ignore. And I definitely do not ignore posts in my own subforum. Like I said you may be a very reasonable person; if so, that fact was nowhere in your PM.

And like I have already told shorty elsewhere, I am not responsible for other moderators actions. I am not moderating other forums or other moderators.

9. John99 Banned Banned

me too

10. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

Is there there any other supposedly 'intelligent discussion' forum on the internet where members spend as much time bitching and whining about prejudiced moderators like S.A.M. as they do here?

Sometimes I wonder which is the worstest: the idiocy of the prejudiced moderation or the prejudices of the idiot members! Not often though.

11. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Heh, does anyone come here for intelligent discussion?

12. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Who moderates the moderators?

13. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

It puts the whining on it's blog.

14. John99 Banned Banned

I did, up until today.

15. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

:roflmao:
    Kudos on the obscure reference there.

16. Why? Registered Senior Member

Intelligent discussion requires a free exchange of information without the fear of biased censorship by moderators.

17. Plazma Inferno! Ding Ding Ding Ding Administrator

Thread closed per request!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.