What does love feel like?

Discussion in 'General Philosophy' started by Cactus Jack, May 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Cactus,

Yep. If you enter in a relationship with a low self-esteem, not valorizing yourself, the other person will not valorize yourself either. It's even hard to be attracted by someone that is always complaining and hating him/herself. WHat do yuo feel? Do you prefer to be with someone that Loves life and Loves herself or you prefer to be with someone that is always complaining and hating? If you have low self-esteem it is even possible... But than, you will be entering in an abusive relationship.

When you Love yourself and you are joyful it is easy for other people to Love you.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Love,
    Nelson

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Cactus Jack Death Knight of Northrend Registered Senior Member

Oh..... I see you didn't understand the question dude. I meant can a person that hates them self give/be in love, not that the other person had to love them back........see what I mean?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Tyler Registered Senior Member

Like I said, it is possible to love someone, just not be in a good relationship.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Cactus Jack Death Knight of Northrend Registered Senior Member

Yeah, I completely agree. The question was is it possible for the person to love someone, I believe the answer is a deffinet yes and maybe even more so then an ordinary person. Nelson just misundertsood the question.

But yeah it is impossible to have a relationship when you have said mindset, women are not attracted to you and further if they were once they start having a relationship with you it will end rather quickly once they realize how you feel about yourself........I'm trying to dig myself out of this pit......but............Its very very hard.

8. Tyler Registered Senior Member

You'll get out of it. Dont worry man, it all comes out eventually. Do you play guitar? Or have a sport that you can play to take your mind off of the world? Find something, anything, that makes you completely forget the world. I highly, highly advise hockey. I love it, going down to a shinny rink and sitting on the bench waiting to get on. Every time I touch the puck pretending to be one of my favourite players, trying out new stuff. It's like a dream when I'm there. Anyway, perhaps this isn't good advise in Spring!

If you play guitar, start a band. Play cover songs at first. If you start off by writing your own shit you'll find yourself soon wallowing in your own emotions. Not advisable.

Oh, and try a psychadelic drug.

9. Cactus Jack Death Knight of Northrend Registered Senior Member

"Do you play guitar? Or have a sport that you can play to take your mind off of the world?"

Dude, have you ever felt this: Whenever I'm wrestling or doing martial arts or doing comedy or when I'm playin guitar and doing really well its just like you feel nothing. Its like you are nothing for maybe five minutes, you don't think, you don't feel, you just are. You know what I'm trying to say? Its the best feeling ever, no over analyzing things, no emotions, just for five minutes............

10. Xev Registered Senior Member

Cactus: I know the feeling. Quite nice.

11. Tyler Registered Senior Member

"Dude, have you ever felt this: Whenever I'm wrestling or doing martial arts or doing comedy or when I'm playin guitar and doing really well its just like you feel nothing. Its like you are nothing for maybe five minutes, you don't think, you don't feel, you just are. You know what I'm trying to say? Its the best feeling ever, no over analyzing things, no emotions, just for five minutes............"

Hellllllllls yes. Take that 5 minutes and make it aobut 3 hours and you'll have some vague idea what hockey does to me. And that No Title thread I have was this feeling for an hour, although even better.

But yeah, when my house is empty I crank the music, turn up the amp and absolutely love it.

12. Cactus Jack Death Knight of Northrend Registered Senior Member

Finaly some people that understand......its unexplainable how heavenly nothing can be............

13. Xev Registered Senior Member

It's what Zen Buddhists call enlightenment. It's what I feel after a long run or swim, or after a 24 hour coding binge. <-----Or studying code - I'm just coming down from one of those.

14. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

I agree with you

15. ndrs The Anti-Cthulhu Registered Senior Member

XeV: I understand how you feel about computers...

I was with computers since I was about 9 or 10.. You could say that is the best friend I have...

(Never lets you down.. Maybe if you used Windows it does though.. ) Earlier in childhood I used to get depressed if I wasn't near a computer for 48 hours. I would rather my parents left me alone at home and I could sit there doing night-runs, than spend time with my parents. My social skills certainly were going down all those years..
    Sadly I had to start working because of circumstances, and the obsession was forced to go away.. I'm waiting till I be back @ studentship.
    Nice talking to you all..

16. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

i read to escape

thinking of nothing but submerging myself in the story

great escape

17. FoxMulder Registered Senior Member

"Windows Exploiter", Xev?

I like that description. Windows is a purulent, festering boil on the anus of a cancerous rat.

And this is NOT a coincidence! The more time people spend trying to make sense of Windows, the less time they spend battleing the dark forces that are encroaching onto our lives!

Think about it.....

Bebelina: This is nothing to joke about!

Xev:
    Xev, you must stop mocking your personal Savior!

Why doughnuts? You make fun of me when I tell you the TRUTH about demons. You mock me and make flip references to demon pizza!

Truthseeker:
    Do you think an ordinary human could have such stamina? Think about it....mankind has been "visited" by these "Gods" for thousands of years.....

Why? Are they really "Gods"? Or somthing else entirely?

18. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

actully they are MYTHS

and a girl could go longer than a guy anyway

she probably just layed there while he screwed her brains out

and im SURE she enjoyed it

think of it

hes a god, he would know ALL the tricks in the book

19. Xev Registered Senior Member

Hi Foxy, welcome back again.

"Windows is a purulent, festering boil on the anus of a cancerous rat."

FoxMulder, I love you. May I use that description in my sig?

"Xev, you must stop mocking your personal Savior!

Just tellin' it like it happened, Foxy! He drank all my beer and never pitched in for groceries.

"Why doughnuts?"

Dunno, stayed up all night coding - or trying to code - need some sugar.

"You make fun of me when I tell you the TRUTH about demons. You mock me and make flip references to demon pizza!"

Sorry dude.

"Do you think an ordinary human could have such stamina?"

*Sigh*

Sadly, regrettebly, no.

"Why? Are they really "Gods"? Or somthing else entirely?"

Whatever "They" are, can I have "Their" number?

20. FoxMulder Registered Senior Member

MICRO-SUCKS!

Xev:
    Please do.

Yes, you will need sugar for coding.

That is NOT true!

Xev, be wary of demons and their evil temptations! Or you shall be ensnared in demonic bondage.

Asguard:
    What makes you so sure?

She "laid" there? As in - well, I should not joke about these things.

21. Xev Registered Senior Member

"MICRO-SUCKS!"

Sweet music to my ears! Tell us more about the demons in M$ - in another thread, please, so as not to hyjack this one.

"Yes, you will need sugar for coding."

Yes I will! Sugar is a major food group for a larvae like me!

"That is NOT true!"

[Insert snide comment about male ego here]

Umm, so, then Fox, ah, come here often?

"Xev, be wary of demons and their evil temptations! Or you shall be ensnared in demonic bondage."

Dude, put down the bong - you aren't supposed to drink that water! Good. Now put down "Justine".

That's a good Fox.

"She "laid" there? As in - well, I should not joke about these things."

Actually Foxy, please do.

22. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

i don't know Foxy

bit of bondage is good for the sould and fun to

23. AluKa Registered Member

Well, I just broke up with my girlfriend of almost a year, and I can pretty much tell you what love isn't. If you wake up in the morning and feel obligated to call her, it's not love; if every time you see her you check to make sure no one's around, definately not; if everything she does just grates against your mind, . Pretty much, all I'm saying is that the opposite of love isn't hate, it's neutrality. If you're sleeping with someone but you don't really worry about her too much otherwise, you're definately not in love.
    Love is when you wake up after dreaming about the person and just sit there thinking about what you saw. It's when that imagined kiss felt so real that you wanted to drop to your knees and cry out.
    I'm talking to a girl on the phone who I've been in love with for 4 years. She's the one I dream about at night, she's the one that makes me weak. I can bring myself to tears just thinking about her. I made the mistake of tacking a picture of her to the wall right next to where I rest my head when I sleep, and now I dream about her every night. It's like a disease, but a nice one.
    Love is the only thing that drives our species, and IMHO it'll be what destroys us. To lose the ability to love is to lose our humanity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.