What do you think about North Korea.

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Executor, Aug 30, 2003.

1. Executor Registered Senior Member

? It is a very big predicament... because unlike Iraq North Korea is gonna put up a bit of a fight... there will be no getting out of North Korea without signifigant loss of American life unless we..... PWN them with a nuke... but well W might do that... lets hope not.

What do you think should happen? Please no Hippy responses like... lets go make mad love with North Koreans because they are sooo much better than Americans.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. otheadp Banned Banned

what do i think should happen?
    the NK government should be replaced by some rational, moral leaders

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Ghassan Kanafani Mujahid Registered Senior Member

I think North Korea is of lesser concern than Amerika for instance :

After all North Korea physically opresses its peoples to listen while the Amerikans obey as cows all by themselves , afterall North Korea is starving while USA is obese , afterall North Korea is pseudo-nukes and shitty Chineze leftovers while Amerika can blow up 100 planets , afterall North Korea has 25 million peoples while Amerika has 280 million of them , afterall North Korea's leader is aware of his countries position while Amerika's leader is victim of their own doctrine . Afterall Amerika is the one with PNAC and their worldwide domination , while all North Korea wants is South Korea and maybe Japan . Afterall Amerika's has ravashed 2 countries in the last 2 years while North Korea hasnt been even been threatning on signficant scale .

Oh but if ur an Amerikan ...... yeah Id worry about North Korea . I would worry Kim might get an alcohol-poisoning and some lunatic Juched North-Korean pseudo-slave takes the will and representation of the peoples in his own hands . Such an Amerika-lover like Kim is USA's most important card , he would never like to harm the country that gets him all his Henessey .

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Vortexx Skull & Bones Spokesman Registered Senior Member

...I think that North korea would be the perfect safe umbrella to set up XTC labs and flood the aussie/indonesian market!

I think that the hot shots in the NK government would like the money very much (south korean bribes worth of several hundred million dollars have proved that in the past).

The repressive government would provide an undisturbed protected place for producing/processing stuff and unrestricted / unwatched access to chemical precursors...

Amphetamine labs is no option, cause the asian market is flooded with relatively cheap Jaba from Birmese / Thai plants, but i bet opiates would grow really well in North korean climate.

Hey, these North-Koreans shouldn't be starving but they could be filthy stinking rich if they drop their stalinistic attitude!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. Blaah! Guest

Go Vortexx!, go you good thing! Wicked idea.

9. Spyke Registered Senior Member

I'm convinced it's a growing conspiracy centered around the name Kim and I can prove it. Kim Jung Il the NK leader succeeded to the top upon the death of his irrational dad Kim Il Sung. His #2 in the government is Kim Yong nam, who has been known to act rather irrationally when representing NK in talks with neighboring SK. As their representative to Beijing this week NK sent Vice-Foreign Minister Kim Yong Il, who literally began acting irrationally as soon as he got off the plane, waving his hands over his head and yelling. Undoubtedly this is a conspiracy of immense proportions. Some sinister organization is sending out agents designed and programmed to wreak havoc in the world. I would keep a close eye on SK too, although they may have gotten a handle on the conspiracy, as new president Roh Moo-hyun recently replaced former presidentKim Dae-jung, who had promoted SK to provide 75% of the funding for NK's nuclear plants. Britain also got a handle on this problem years ago when they rooted out the mole Kim Philby, who had originally been thought to be a Soviet spy, but now it must be assumed he was part of this insidious Kim conspiracy. I have already spotted the conspirator's agent in the US, although they apparently believe the best way to gain influence on the American people is through the entertainment industry rather than the politic arena, as they have planted Lil Kim, who is the epitome of irrationality, in the rap music industry.

My advice to you if you know anyone named Kim personally is to be very wary and keep a close eye on their mental stability. They are not who you think they are. Do NOT be fooled. This could prove to be the Mother of all Conspiracies and the future of the entire world is at stake.
    :bugeye:

10. nico Banned Banned

If anything NK is the best at scaring the crap out of the SK's in negotiations:

"Seoul will turn into a sea of flames, and you will probably be dead"

NK neogatiator.

I think Kim must be loving the very fact that we are talking about him. That is the whole point of this is for NK to be discussed, and for it to be looked at. It's not like NK will fall apart any time soon anyways. There are solutions to this problem but the US won't accept them, and we are going to be looking down a barrel of a gun for another x years.

11. xelius00 Registered Senior Member

Many aspects of this situation are rather shameful.

Considering the Iraqi army turned out to be an eggshell and that no weapons of mass destruction have been found, I am confident that U.S. troop deployment occured after a gross overestimation of Iraqi military strength, not to mention the fact that the entire operation appeared to be a show of strength more than anything.

While Saddam may have been an oppressive dictator, he is the least of our concerns. The man was a terrorist, nothing more. The bathe regime fell apart in days.

Meanwhile, North Korea has successfully aquired nuclear weapons and is prepared to declare itself a nuclear power. Given a paranoid madman like Kim Jong-Il sits on the throne in that country, I am have few doubts that he would use a nuclear arsenal in pursuit of North Korean interests if the situation called for it (ie: being outnumbered; feeling irrationally paranoid -- more than usual, that is).

If anything, North Korea is the true threat in this so-called "Axis of Evil" considering they are the only country to successfully aquire WMD and actually have a reason to use them (mind you, it isn't much of a reason if you ask me).

Another thing, no matter how you look at it, Kim Jong-Il is more of an oppressive dictator than Saddam ever was. Considering his self-declared communist nation is not actually communist at all given his grandiose lifestyle and the lifestlye of his soldiers and officers in comparison to the masses of starving people in North Korea, the aquisition of Nuclear weaponry appears to be less of a defense for North Korea and more of a security measure for his regime at a time when his army is no longer capable of maintaining its physical size and when desertion to the south is at an all-time high.

Being a Canadian, I am highly displeased with the liberal government's funding cuts to the Canadian army in favour of useless social programs designed to support the lazy and homeless junkies littering our cities. That's not to say that Canada could be expected to enforce regime change in North Korea on its own -- although it is fully possible if the Canadian population was willing to commit to another great war, due to the superior economy and greater population -- but I do feel that we should be over there with or without help to try and save the world while it's still possible.

If we wait too long, a second Cold War can and will begin. Never underestimate the workings in the mind of a capitalist in pursuit of great wealth who claims to be a true communist only as a way of justifying what he does. Basically, his malfeasance can be attributed to the communist ideal and the false hope it gives that people that the end will justify the mean, when in actuality, there is no end in sight, and the utopian paradise envisioned so long ago does not seem to exist. Instead, there is only a man who will stop at nothing, not even the endless suffering of those he means to rule, to push along his rise to power and personal wealth.

The saddest thing of all is that the union of the North and South under a capitalist democratic government becomes more difficult every day, at a rate far greater than the world's concern for this volatile situation.

12. guthrie paradox generator Registered Senior Member

"That's not to say that Canada could be expected to enforce regime change in North Korea on its own -- although it is fully possible if the Canadian population was willing to commit to another great war, due to the superior economy and greater population -- but I do feel that we should be over there with or without help to try and save the world while it's still possible."

But theyve got nukes and are mad enough to use them. Simple enforcement doesnt count anymore.

"If we wait too long, a second Cold War can and will begin."

That would likley be preferable to a hot war, since we just have to wait for the internal contradictions to break the country down.

13. xelius00 Registered Senior Member

And again, this is Kim Jong-Il we're talking about. What's to say a "cold war" wouldn't turn hot? The guy is obviously a nutcase.

14. guthrie paradox generator Registered Senior Member

"And again, this is Kim Jong-Il we're talking about. What's to say a "cold war" wouldn't turn hot? The guy is obviously a nutcase."

Well, thats the trouble. A gordian knot situation. And cutting it in Alexanders fashion would likely mean the deaths of tens of thousands of civilians, if not closer to a million. So as far as I can see, the only thing to do is tighten the wall aoround north korea slowly and carefully, with the assistance of all countries that have an interest.

15. nico Banned Banned

Being a Canadian, I am highly displeased with the liberal government's funding cuts to the Canadian army in favour of useless social programs designed to support the lazy and homeless junkies littering our cities.

I know isn't sad that they are pumping all those dollars into the healthcare system what a shame!

But I think that we should put some more into our military it is a shame.

The saddest thing of all is that the union of the North and South under a capitalist democratic government becomes more difficult every day, at a rate far greater than the world's concern for this volatile situation.

That is the problem here capitalist democratic government It's that western impatus on that form of goverence that scares NK. NK dosen't want that, neither does China IMO. NK serves more than being a annoying tweet down the street. She is now a nuclear power we are just waiting for it to be declared. The world is indeed on the brink of greater things to happen. Nuclear war is not inevitable it seems. You ppl who rationalize and down play the threat, even ppl here on sci (sad). NK is the last true vestage of the 1930's never mind the cold war era. The best solution is to make sure NK dosen't profilerate those weapons with other nations, to make sure that NK is modernized so that unification with Sk wouldn't be so painful. Sk dosen;t want NK, nor can she afford the est. $1 trillion price tag to fix that nation up to SK levels. In order to keep this at bay we have to make sure that there is co-hesieve regional co-operation. And the US should leave SK why? Not because I want NK to invade, but so then a solution is more likely. Officially NK is only at war with the "imperialist war mongerers" not the SK ppl.

rolleyes

But it could calm down tensions quite a bit, and SK is a big boy now anyways. Not like 37,000 American suicide troops are going to make a difference anyways.

16. Executor Registered Senior Member

so like...

Im pretty sure every here feels the same way about the Iraqi war, IE it was gone about the wrong way but Saddam needed to be removed... its just some hippies think there is a conspiracy.......

But there seems to be a consensus(SP?) about NK..... so I think we should wait till we get a new president before NK is dealt with because I would rather die of old age than radiation burning off my wang.

17. Executor Registered Senior Member

also

I think that unfortunately Bush released his pre-emptive strike deal a little to early with Iraq.... NK will require pre-emptive strike while Iraq.... did not really require it.

Well Iraq really wasnt pre-emptive strike we set deadlines etc... but oh well.

Pre-emptive strike is required against NK because if we let him make the first move then Kim could turn the most populated nation in the world into the least populated nation in the world with 2 missles. (talking about China btw... incase some of you hippies might have got confused

)

18. nico Banned Banned

Pre-emptive strike is required against NK because if we let him make the first move then Kim could turn the most populated nation in the world into the least populated nation in the world with 2 missles

:bugeye:

19. Executor Registered Senior Member

:bugeye: uhh nico your comment? --; Kim is crazy. and stuff. And im pretty sure I saw him rolling some of this :m: into a cigarette looking thing so I think he may also be a hippy

20. nico Banned Banned

Just explain to me how 2 bombs (you did not indicate whether it be a NBC, or a WMD for that matter), could destory the most populous nation on earth China? :bugeye:

21. Executor Registered Senior Member

Um.....

well a bomb to Beijing and a bomb to Shanghai.... one nuke can take those cities out entirely... It wouldnt literally do that to china but it would kill 30 million + people.... isnt that enough of a reason? I mean your talking 30 million plus on impact no telling how many would die from the residual effects of the radiation. No pun intended but it would make 9/11 look like a barmitsfa.

22. nico Banned Banned

I suggest you look at a map of China to show you that what u said is... well just look:

That is China, Bejing and Shanghai together would have to be 9 million km2 to be able to even make sense of your argument. Secondly we all admit NK's nukes are about as powerful as the ones dropped on Nagasaki or Hiroshima. Thus it can't even destroy all of modern day Beijing or Shanghai. At best two bombs on those cities would kill 2-3 million ppl.

23. Executor Registered Senior Member

dude 1 bomb is all it would take for one of those cities to go down... 2 bombs = 2 cities... can you really not compile all that information in your head? lay off the :m: