What do you dislike about Republicans today?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by joepistole, Apr 8, 2009.

1. kmguru Staff Member

Whether Republicans or Democrats, you need to see who is willing to solve our economic crisis and talking specifically in solving this issue on the facts:

In 2008, we imported $2.1 Trillion of stuff. Out of that Oil and Oil products were $487 Billion, but just Oil was about $250 Billion (pickens.com).

Now, if we would have produced these "stuff" in the USA, it would have generated $12 to $16 Trillion of economy (due to circulation of money) which would have given us full employment, budget surplus and doubled our GDP.

Which party do you think will get us to that state? I will vote for that party!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Seriously, honestly, do you really believe/think that a bunch of career politicians can actually do anything about anything???

What'll get the US out of the mess we're in right now is ....good ol', hard-workin', honest, plain ol' American citizens working to do they're best for themselves and their friends and neighbors. Ain't no politician gonna' do it for 'em, regardless of what you or anyone else thinks.

Baron Max

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

I don't think it is the party that matters as much as the person leading the party. Now it is Obama and the Democrats who outlined a good plan. Now let's see if they execute it. The Republicans are going to drag things on and thwart change at every opportunty...unfortunately for the country and for themselves.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. kmguru Staff Member

Yes, we definitely need to give them a little time. But remember, taking the low number, we are losing a Trillion dollars of economy per month due our imports. How long do you plan to wait? Another year?

The problem is they are wasting time playing with banks, auto companies etc. and not paying attention to our imports. If we do not solve this trade problem, we will be in such a dire situation that you will need another 5 Trillion dollars of stimulus in Fall to save this nation. By then, China may not sell anything and demand Alaska in exchange for goods!

8. Aerika Registered Senior Member

The majority of Republicans and Democrats have knee-jerk reactions to defend their politicians. It's like they have lost all objectivity.

Quite honestly, both parties are contributing to our woes.

9. kmguru Staff Member

10. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

no that just human behavior, not the parties. Clear thinking rational people willing to complain and talk trash about the party the have invested in are few and far between, for many people its like a cult.

11. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Very good article! And that is precisely what scares me about the Republican Party, their dogmatic rational thought be dammed approach. The ditto heads remind me of brown shirts.

Each party has its ditto heads, but the Republicans have gone way too far in their quest for power...there should be room for God and country in their platform somwhere....other than meaningless rhetoric to stimulate the ditto heads.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2009
  12. nirakar ( i ^ i ) Registered Senior Member

Republicans don't let facts interfere with their rhetoric. "Us versus them" is so much more important than truth to Republicans.

13. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Well said Nirakar!

14. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

I'm not talking about hollow gestures. I'm talking about genuine acts of affection and admiration. When Obama visits the Troops, they're completely star struck, with a plethora of them snapping pictures of him, standing in line to get his autograph. As for the Military, traditionally they've been Right Wing, but when it came to putting their money where their mouths were more of them gave to Barack Obama during the last campaign then their supposed leader of choice John McCain. And I don't recall any instance in the last 5 years where the troops were ecstatic about seeing a man who lied about the reasons they went to war in the first place.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2009
  15. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Just look at the last decade, politicians have done plenty...none of it good. But they have done plenty!

16. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

What do I dislike about Republicans today?

Same thing as I dislike about Democrats, except different.

Asses all.

17. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

What do I dislike about Republicans?

Same thing that I dislike about democrats: they are hypocrites