What are the freemasons?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by witnessjudgejury, Nov 18, 2005.

1. 786 Searching for Truth Valued Senior Member

I guess someone here needs a history lesson. "Defensive military reaction" you got to be joking me.

Peace be unto you

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Dinosaur Rational Skeptic Valued Senior Member

GeoffP: While I do not have a lot of love for the Islamic culture, I do not like to see gross inaccuracies posted.
    The Crusades took place in about the 12th century. Arabs had tried to invade France in 732 and were driven back by Charles Martel (The Hammer) who terrorized them by trying to annihilate them as they retreated to Spain after being defeated at the Battle of Tours (it actually took place about 50 miles south of Tours). By the time of the Crusades, most of Spain was no longer under Islamic control. The Arabs were not in control of or trying to attack any European countries from which the Crusaders came.

The alleged motive for the Crusades was to take control of the so called Holy Lands where various sites important to the Catholic Church were located. Some have claimed that various other motives were actually the reason for the Crusades. I do not consider myself familiar with this era, but do not think my views are far off the mark.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. witnessjudgejury Banned Banned

a point:

Did you choose the spirit which makes you act that way or did it just take you over because you were weak and don't believe in spirits, being an atheist?

As Enoch recorded, All the unrighteous, carnal, and unbelievers have been reserved (saved) for this last generation to be punished and destroyed for their unrighteousness. The earth will tremble, the hills will be made low, all will be in tribulation and the mountains will melt like wax. The Elect and the Elect one will be here to witness the judgement and they will be protected by God the Lord of Spirits. Everyone else will curse God and will pay for every wicked sin ever committed. All praise and Glory to the Lord of Spirits.

on another note:

Is it true that we have murdered as many unborn children as there are citizens currently in the U.S.? And all because of money and selfishness?
    It used to be that one had to place lambs blood on his gateposts in order to keep the angel of death from coming into your house and killing your children. Now we do his work for him before they are even born.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Einstuck Registered Senior Member

Stop right there: How much are these necklaces?

8. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

IA! How I've missed you on FFI and other places I've run you off. Silly Wahhabit, can't hide for long, old son.

Say, would you like to blame 9/11 on the Mossad here too? Go on, old son. I know you want to.

But I can understand how you wouldn't dare post a counter-argument after what happened back there. So, I'll simply give the argument for what it is.

I hate to break it to you, but I am quite familiar with this era, and the scenario you describe above is not the case.

When was the first crusade preached? 1095 AD, Pope Urban II.

Where did islam begin? Saudi Arabia. Not Syria, Turkey, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Libya, Algeria nor Morocco.

When? About 650 AD.

Another straight question: was the entire Middle East islamic prior to about 660 AD? Answer: no. In fact, it was entirely Christian, Jewish and Zoroastarian with a handful of other cults thrown in. So if it wasn't islamic to begin with, how did it get that way? Well, for that, you might want to look up the Third Caliph, Umar - hell, look up the first and second ones too and read about islamic military expansion into the Middle East. I think you see what I mean. Islamic aggression against non-muslims was and frankly has been nonstop for 1300 years.

And islam was still occupying substantial areas of Spain in 1095 AD, Dinosaur. That's why there was a Reconquista. Or should the indigenous peoples of Spain have just accepted second-class citizen status in their own nation? Or conquest? Did Spain not count as being European? Should Europe have just accepted islamic conquest? If so, why?

But don't stop there. Go further back and read about Mohammed himself, if you like, and what he did to the Quraysh tribe among others. Read about who killed him - and why.

Dinosaur, I like your posts mate, but you should go up to your history teachers and demand your money back. Don't take my word for it. Look it up. You'll be surprised.

Geoff

9. 786 Searching for Truth Valued Senior Member

Dude. I haven't ever talked to you. And I am not a Wahabi. Do you know that 786 has a meaning behind it, and many muslims know that. How the heck then can you say that I am that same 786. You should've asked that person that 786 is a popular word which represtents "In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful". I felt like you were talking to air lol.

Oh well many people make mistakes.

Peace be unto you

10. Dinosaur Rational Skeptic Valued Senior Member

GeoffP: You posted the following.
    I will not provide any citations supporting my mention of the Battle of Tours, since this is a well known event. I doubt that your above remark was directed toward this part of my post. I stand by my previous post.
    From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crusades
    Armies from France, England, & Italy were involved in the initial real Crusade, which was subsequent to a fiasco Crusade led by some fanatic monk. At that time, Spain was the only European country invaded and controlled by Islamic forces. As I posted previously, France (in 732) was the only other European country which had been invaded by Islamic forces. Note that Islamic aggression had ended long before the Crusades started toward the end of the 12th century (about 1195-1199). At that time, the Islamic empire had pretty much stopped expanding (Except perhaps toward India. I am not familiar with when they started their Eastward expansion). The following indicates that prior to the crusades, a big part of Spain had been taken from the Berber/Moors, leaving only half under their control. http://www.spanish-fiestas.com/andalucia/history-moorish-spain3.htm
    Contrary to the implicaitons of your post, the crusades were not related to an attempt to regain control of Spain. That had started well before the first Crusade and was partially successful by the time of the first Crusade.

As posted by you, the Islamic conquests started prior to 700 AD, while the first Crusade was about 1095-1099. This could hardly be viewed as a reaction to Islamic aggression, most of which had taken place long before the first Crusade.

I do not believe that my history teachers should give me back any of my tuition, especially since the 2-3 history courses I took related to neither the Crusades nor the Islamic expansion initiated in the 7th century. I became interested in history long after finishing my formal education.

11. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: Depends on the size. I have seven different sizes in stock:

Small - Altar Boy - $10 (chain extra)
    Medium - Seminary Student - $20 (chain extra)
    Large - Parish Priest - $30 (chain extra)
    X-Large - Monsignor - $40 (chain extra)
    XX-Large - Bishop - $50 (chain extra)
    XXX-Large - Cardinal - $60 (chain extra)
    One size fits all - Pope - $70 (comes with balls and chain)

How many would you like to order? I can get them for you wholesale.