What are some of the most beautiful places that you have visited?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Seattle, Oct 25, 2022.

1. Seattle Valued Senior Member

I was watching a list of the most beautiful places in the U.S. and it made me think of the most beautiful places that I've been to (not limited to the U.S.).

For me it would be the Na Pali coast of Kauai (Hawaii), Shi Shi Beach on the coast of Washington State, Iguassu Falls (border of Argentina and Brazil) and really anywhere along the coast of southern Thailand.

There are plenty of other places but those come to my mind first.

What are some of your favorite places?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

New Mexico - I've never seen such bright blue skies during the day, and stunningly starry night skies. The air also has a certain smell to it from what I remember, like of rocks, and dirt. I know that may sound strange, but in the Southeast, where the grass isn't even real, it was memorable to me.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Seattle Valued Senior Member

It is amazing to be in places where it's sunny all day, every day. When you live in most places a beautiful sunny day seems special and you feel like you should somehow take advantage of such a day and should be doing something special.

It's like being "happy" all the time. You can't do it. When it's sunny all the time, after while you just have to start taking it for granted.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

The bluest skies however are in Seattle in the summer. There was even a song to that effect.

I'm impressed with any place where you can see the Milky Way at night. The darkest place I can remember being, for some reason, was in Paducah, Kentucky. Actually,literally the darkest place I've been was scuba diving at night and turning the dive light off, no stars though.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.