What are mens nipples for?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Blueapples, Jun 16, 2003.

1. Blueapples Banned Banned

that is what I call the MILK of human kindness

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

talk for yourself...i like mine as erogenous zones...

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. apendrapew Oral defecator Registered Senior Member

A relative of mine was a WW2 POW. He was treated pretty horribly I guess and he made friends with some rats in his cell. Apparently the mother rat died and somehow this guy was able to feed the baby rats with his own colostrum. Pretty friggin' cool. I tell that story to everyone.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Flores Registered Senior Member

Men don't have colustrom. Women don't even have it unless she's seven month pregnant.

Are you sure, It was the nipples that the rats were latching on.

8. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

Biology is sure fun huh

I guess they natures failed headlights.....actually i think they are their from the beginning.....because men can also have breasts but their testostorone and other hormones interfere with that. They might be made in the fetus or be determined to be made in the fetus before the sex has been decided. Like Asguard mentioned...they could be junk DNA in men but i highly doubt that.

9. prozak Banned Banned

Subtle sensual stimulation.

10. Mucker Great View! Registered Senior Member

, one_raven, you harlet!!

Yeah BlueApples, I suppose male nipples are some kind of evidence of evolution; it is only though a lack of hormones that we have no tits, but we do still have the nips.

11. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

It's mother natures joke on men....saying "ha ha look at what you could have had but sorry...you're a man you filty biatch"

12. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

I second that sentiment!

13. Mucker Great View! Registered Senior Member

Do they hurt too sometimes?? Mine do

14. Empath The Shadow Protectorate Registered Senior Member

15. PacingYourName Registered Senior Member

Hmmm what are mens nipple for? hmm i have an asnwer...WHO CARES!

16. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

all the hormone stuff sounds quite interesting, but it is not why males have nipples of course.

It is because the nipple is a epithelial-mesenchymal organ, which is formed during the development of the organism. To turn of the development of this complicated organ one would have to shut down the entire developmental pathway of this organ. There would have to be a special signal, that wouldn't screw up the development of any other organ developing at the same time. And that is where it gets difficult. The development of all organs is regulated by the same set of regulatory molecules. And the cells constituting an organ or in this case, a mammary placode are sensitive to similar signals. It would therefore be difficult to evolve a signal that actually only effects male nipple development and not any other epithelial-mesenchymal organ at the same time. It is therefore too complicated and possibly destructive to remove the male nipple during development.

The amount of nipples is under genetic control of course. I our lab we have a transgenic which has too many nipples for instance. There are possibly mutants with less nipples, and less could even result in no nipples. But the removal of nipples in this manner would be different from removing nipples just in males.

17. Blueapples Banned Banned

Spurious , you are a genius.........

18. Vortexx Skull & Bones Spokesman Registered Senior Member

The full development of nipples and collostrum is heavily hormonally controlled.

Bodybuilders injecting too much too frequently testosterone can develope female breast tissue aka 'bitch tits" as part of the test is converted to estrogen by aromatase enzyme , also their body might raise its own natural estrogen production in attempt to keep up and balance the extra testosterone

Last edited: Jun 17, 2003
  19. Zero Banned Banned

If only mine were somewhat responsive. But nooooo...mine have to be devoid of any fun whatsoever. They're just dead weight.

20. Vortexx Skull & Bones Spokesman Registered Senior Member

...Try piercings and menthol oil

21. Thaug Registered Senior Member

22. maybe its some ancient evolutionary myth like when you die you soul escapes through your nipples, come on work with me here!. another idea is like females nipples are porous milk so are mens for drianing sweat?

23. fredx Banned Banned

Are you really that interested in this?