well lookie here....

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Pine_net, Jan 3, 2003.

1. Pine_net Chaos Product Registered Senior Member

U.S. Corporations Supplied Weapons Technology to Iraq

A couple of weeks ago, the United States seized a secret United Nations report on Iraq and deleted the names of U.S. corporations that supplied weapons technology to Iraq.
    That UN report, the results of weeks of research and inspection, is now tainted. But the names of the "deleted" corporations have been leaked and were made public on December 18. In case you have not already seen them, here they are.

U.S. Companies That, According to the Bush Administration, Are Supporting Terrorism, But Whose Names Were Removed from a UN Report in Order to Protect Them -- And Yes, That is Very Inconsistent
    1 Honeywell (R, K)
    2 Spectra Physics (K)
    3 Semetex (R)
    4 TI Coating (A, K)
    5 Unisys (A, K)
    6 Sperry Corp. (R, K)
    7 Tektronix (R, A)
    8 Rockwell (K)
    9 Leybold Vacuum Systems (A)
    10 Finnigan-MAT-US (A)
    11 Hewlett-Packard (A, R, K)
    12 Dupont (A)
    13 Eastman Kodak (R)
    14 American Type Culture Collection (B)
    15 Alcolac International (C)
    16 Consarc (A)
    17 Carl Zeiss - U.S (K)
    18 Cerberus (LTD) (A)
    19 Electronic Associates (R)
    20 International Computer Systems (A, R, K)
    21 Bechtel (K)
    22 EZ Logic Data Systems, Inc. (R)
    23 Canberra Industries Inc. (A)
    24 Axel Electronics Inc. (A)
    What They Sent to Iraq:

A = Atomic weapons
    B = Biological weapons
    C = Chemical weapons
    R = Missle technology
    K = Conventional weapons

The names of companies were supposed to be top secret. Iraq furnished two copies of the full 12,000-page report, one to the International Atomic Energy Agency in Geneva, and one to the United Nations in New York. The U.S. broke a Security Council agreement and seized the UN's only copy. The U.S. then proceeded to make copies of the report for the other four permanent Security Council nations -- Britain, France, Russia and China. However, all references to foreign companies had been removed.

---------------------------------

Our thanks to truthout.org and die Tageszeitung (Germany) and Democracynow.org

Last edited: Jan 3, 2003
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

even if untrue the US now has to take responcability for this BECAUSE they didnt leave it in the hands of a netrual

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. reformedtopunk got punk? Registered Senior Member

Figures....

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. *stRgrL* Kicks ass Valued Senior Member

Very interesting... I will be boycotting all of the above mentioned companies, thank you very much.

8. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

So, the things which may be used against USA troops or civilians (if you accept Bush's word that Iraq assists terrorists) came from the USA. Well...

9. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

The other day the news showed an old film of Donald Rumsfeld signing a deal with Iraq, for selling them chemical weapons.

10. Clarentavious Person Registered Senior Member

What I want to know is, did these companies sell Iraq this crap to make money, or because they were ordered to do so by the federal government and bush.

You can't hold the federal gov responsible for anything other than trying to keep their names secret, if they had nothing to do with the sale of this stuff.

Man, I've really got to question what is going on in some people's heads. The CEOs of these big companies that care about nothing but money, so much so, that they buy gigantic billion dollar mansions and let innocent children starve to death.

I mean god, I know if someone like Goofyfish had a ton of money like that, he wouldn't do such a thing. Why are these people so evil and how did they wind up presidents of these huge corporations?

If you'll look at number 11, Hewlett-Packard; providing Iraq with nuke parts - well, if this news ever gets wide spread and is considered true, that's gonna be the end of those bastards.

11. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

See, these things are wide-spread outside the USA. Sometimes it seems to me that they deliberately keep this stuff from American audiences.

12. jps Valued Senior Member

I really don't think this information will hurt any of these companies. There are companies today that have done worse with no ill effect. Henry Ford, for example, was an admirer of Hitler and supplied vehicles to Nazi Germany. This is an accepted fact, but I've never heard of anyone boycotting Ford because of it.

13. jesuspresley Registered Member

sometimes? i refer you to chomsky's manufacturing consent for a lot of hard data on the bias in american journalism regarding international affairs. there's also an excellent documentary that covers the same material.

14. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

Have you been buying chemical weapons and missle technology again?!

15. NenarTronian Teenaged Transhumanist Registered Senior Member

i read a book..in it it said how Iraq started their offensive (what other kind is there?) bioweapons program SOLELY from buying stuff from the American Type Culture Collection..

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

16. Clarentavious Person Registered Senior Member

In the 80's, the USA actually LIKED Saddam H. and provided him chemical and other weapons, to use in his war with Iran. Hell, I think they even shook his hand.

17. reformedtopunk got punk? Registered Senior Member

Its funny you mention that, because when i look at american news sites online, its always about petty unimportant things like what mariah carey thinks about her fans, or what football player is in trouble now.

Then i look at the BBC american news site and it talks about how 500 Muslim men and women are arrested in California.

why the discrepency? we obviously don't want our own people knowing what WE are doin.

"Have the media broadcast only the ruling party's information. This can be done through state-run media; remember in times of conflict, all for-profit media repeats the ruling party's information. Therefore, all for-profit media is state run." /Anti-Flag

18. *stRgrL* Kicks ass Valued Senior Member

Shhhh... dont tell noone!

19. GB-GIL Trans-global Senator Evilcheese, D-Iraq Registered Senior Member

Strgrl, all of these items were sold to Iraq when it was still a US ally.

And these companies don't support terrorism-- nor have they ever-- just Iraq.

And if Iraq = Terrorists, then the US definitely is.

20. Squid Vicious Banned Banned

I highly doubt that. You'll all forget this within a couple of months, unless of course it all becomes a big issue on television.

Not only that, but HP and Compaq have now merged, becoming what is probably going to be the strongest IT conglomerate out there eventually. Looking awful shaky, are they not?

21. firdroirich A friend of The Friends Registered Senior Member

Damn, I quite like HP products, hell I recommend them to companies for servers & printers tut tut. So they actually take your money for everyday technology... make dangreous tech stuff...sell it.....& its used to kill you. You've gotta hand it to 'em they crazy geniuses. We're paying for them to learn how to get rid of us easier. Sobering.