Weed.!!!

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by cluelusshusbund, Jul 8, 2014.

1. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Unfortunately a lot of things are dangerous in the wrong quantities with no particular measures of control. For instance Sugar is know to cause all number of problems if ingested in too high a concentration at too high a frequency, especially for diabetics. Caffeine also is known to potentially increase the potential for palpitations and can lead to cardiac arrest in severe instances.

It's all about moderation, admittedly people that smoke cannabis will not have complete control over the amount of active ingredients that they are actually taking in, since they are dealing with something that's grown, it's open to a whole number of impurities and even poisons. The only way it could be handled correctly is if the actual substance itself is "distilled" to it's active ingredients alone, so that it can be measured correctly. This would of course mean that a "clear liquid" could be used to add to food sources or be incorporated into a pill like form, concisely measured with all the warning labels attached.

The thing is though some of those people that like the whole "organic" reasoning to it wouldn't necessarily find solace in a vial containing that distilled chemical concoction, even if it did actually come directly from a plant.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Putting someone in jail for taking drugs is stupid. Denying someone a student loan for getting caught with a joint is stupid. The war on drugs resulted in wasted money, crooked cops (bust someone and you can get their car, house and other assets), and overflowing jails.

Legalize it tax it and control it to bring down the organized crime rate.

Hey legalize prostitution while you are at it, so these poor women can have a safer life.

Oh yeah, don't bogart that joint, my friend...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Stoniphi obscurely fossiliferous Valued Senior Member

I think I have to agree with Parmalee - you are just trolling, Cosmic.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Arne Saknussemm trying to figure it all out Valued Senior Member

@Stoniphi: I'm afraid you are being biased and irrational about this topic. I already clarified and even apologized: I hadn't been thinking of the medicinal, therapeutic properties of marijuana. I wished you good health.

Cosmictraveller, while often guilty of thoughtless postings that are clearly meant to rile people up, is not trolling in this instance, and if you weren't so sure of your stance , you would see that he is right - as far as he goes- in merely pointing out that marijuana impairs one's (good) health and physical and mental abilities.

It is one thing if one is sick and marijuana will relieve you and you are at home or in a hospital hopefully recovering from whatever ails you; it's quite another to say "all drugs should be legal"(as you have) and be available to , excuse my French, 'fuck up' the lives of the healthy people who use them and everyone they come into contact with.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2014
  8. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

So when I bring forth information that is substantiated with links that provide facts of what I say I'm trolling? Either those who think that I'm trolling are using pot to make such erronious statements or they are not thinking correctly about what this forum and post are about.

9. sculptor Valued Senior Member

confessions of a young republican during the AuH2O period:

William F. Buckley was the voice of the right---the correct voice-----we read what he wrote, and rarely missed his broadcasts.
    on this subject:

It ain't the drug(alcohol and pharmaceuticals included) that causes problems, it's the people who consume any drug at the wrong f---ing time.
    If you wouldn't go to work drunk, then why go to work stoned?
    That being said:
    In between universities, I worked the line at american motors (stashing cash for my next time at university), their policy was immediate firing if you worked the line inebriated from alcohol.
    For pot, their main concern was 'smoke anything you want, just don't leave your station to do so'. It was not uncommon to jump into a car as it traveled down the line, and find a lit joint in the ashtray. It seemed that planning a job while stoned was a real bad idea, but performing repetitive tasks while stoned didn't seem to adversely effect the outcome.

10. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

that's crap. you may have a point to say pot is more dangerous than tobacco on its own. but the litany of fucked up shit in cigerittes. cigs are far more dangerous.

11. Arne Saknussemm trying to figure it all out Valued Senior Member

"The AuH2O period"? Sometimes you're just too clever for your own good.

uke:

12. sculptor Valued Senior Member

OK Arne
    I was also in the science club then.
    (As was the brilliant young woman who cured me of virginity. When young and in love everything seemed easier.)

13. sculptor Valued Senior Member

back to pot
    when i posted
    I posted from experience.

A few years ago, I took my helper and my son Michael to Desmoins to help a friend shell in a building extension before a blizzard was predicted to hit.
    When I got there, there was no plan drawn up---just an ittybitty little sketch tacked to the wall, and nothing above the foundation was built---
    and then
    The silly fool got me stoned, then expected me to organize and boss the job
    Big mistake
    I did not notice that the foundation was out of square to the wall of the house----------oops
    when we finally skinned the roof just as the snow was starting
    the thing was a parallelogram about 1 1/2 inches out of square
    gee darn
    (You shoulda heard him curse)
    My advice:
    Never plan a job while stoned!!!!!

14. Arne Saknussemm trying to figure it all out Valued Senior Member

That's right, sculptor. As they say,'the smoker you drink, the player you get'. If you don't understand that, smoke a couple of jays and read it again, if you can remember to - it will seem terribly clever!

15. Arne Saknussemm trying to figure it all out Valued Senior Member

Here's an even better stoner song, or rather an anti-stoner song - which is a good answer to the OP:

[video=youtube;DZN_8M4OpMo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZN_8M4OpMo&feature=kp[/video]

16. Stoniphi obscurely fossiliferous Valued Senior Member

Each of us is endowed with our own life to do with as we choose. The health and well - being of your body is your responsibility, no one else's. The forceful intrusion/imposition of religious, moral or ethical value judgements into what can only be a personal choice is a violation of basic human rights, in my opinion. Also a waste of my hard earned tax dollars.

The entirety of the US federal government's stance and actions regarding cannabis is based on the classification of the cannabis plant as a category 1 substance. That means it has "absolutely no medicinal value whatsoever". At the same time, the same US federal government procures the patent rights over the proven medicinal usage of cannabis. This presents what we call a "logical contradiction" that suggests one of the premises is not factual.

Inhaling smoke of any kind is bad for you. I do not condone that.

But there is a vast difference between using a consciousness - altering substance and being an i.v. crocodile junkie or a meth freak. You want to get stinking drunk? In my opinion, that is your right...BUT, do not drive or operate heavy machinery. Do it in the privacy of your own home, alone if you are a 'mean drunk'. Do not harm others with anything that you do...

...and I would include trolling in there. Some would say that making statements specifically to get a strong response is trolling. :shrug: As long as we are nice and all that....

Bottom line is that you do not have the right to tell me what to do as long as I am not bothering you or anyone else. How is this wrong?

17. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

Yeah, they're selling it up North in Washington, but at $20.00 a gram, I don't think I'll be charging up there any time soon. It's less expensive to buy it on the street (not that I'm in the market). The initiative might be on the November ballot in Oregon. I'm hoping it is and that it passes. As for me, it's been maybe ten years since I last smoked weed. I can't say that I really miss it; nonetheless, I think it should be legal.

18. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Here here... that perty much sums it up for me.!!!