We want to take off our shirts too!

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by S.A.M., Apr 21, 2008.

1. John99 Banned Banned

The thing is that to claim breasts are not sexual is ridiculous. So you go out in the street with your breast out, old man with still camera\video camera takes picture. Goes home and...

Now, ordinarily he would not do this.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2008
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. lepustimidus Banned Banned

*le gasp* People sitting close to you on a train? Oh my fucking God, what has the world come to?

Reminds me of how the bullies at school would sneer 'What are you looking at?' when it was only logical for you to look at them, given that they were smack bang in front of you.

Shit like this really demeans women who suffer hardcore sexual harassment.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. lepustimidus Banned Banned

And as for breasts, they are obviously sexual objects. Is it merely a coincidence that women have huge lumps of flesh on their chest, and men have a sexual attraction towards them? What other purpose could breasts serve?

Breasts are the female equivalent of the peacock's tail.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

It's Italy

It's Italy. We're talking about a country where the courts have ruled that women wearing tight jeans can't be raped, women should perjure themselves about extramarital affairs in order to protect their honor, and men shouldn't scratch themselves in public.

So I'm torn. I don't think the decision demeans women who suffer "hardcore" sexual harassment. Rather, the decision would seem to further demean Italy itself. I mean, what the hell is wrong with people?

To the other, much as you note about bullies and staring at the person smack in front of you, sexual paranoia on that point has seen people killed for such things before.

And that is an interesting question. If the man was staring at another man like that, would the other man fear for his sexual virtue? I don't know. Some people really are that sexually self-obsessed. But if I had to pick something to be paranoid about, I'd wonder if he was going to kill me and eat me.

8. lepustimidus Banned Banned

Wait, are you agreeing with me?

I'm flattered.

9. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

Why are so many men so self centered on this issue? You say that a woman's breast are sexual and should therefore be covered up because...(well I'm not entirely sure of the reason), but don't see men who go topless as being objects of sexual desire to women. I guess in the long run you're really only hurting yourselves...

10. Reiku Banned Banned

Ewwwwweeeee................. and a fucking eeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeee..........check those man breasts. How can a man get a set of twins like that without a fucking hormonal disproportionality?