We getting closer to a Police State?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by 786, Dec 15, 2011.

1. 786 Searching for Truth Valued Senior Member

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57343287/wh-oks-military-detention-of-terrorism-suspects/

Everyone is destroying American freedoms, both parties- I think this will force more people to look at Ron Paul more seriously since others candidates are probably for it.. Perhaps using logic like this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=mQRmML09Ybo#!

Paraphrasing: Ron Paul won't get his extreme views passed through Congress anyways, so at least he'll end up fixing the war and civil liberties issue.

This Presidential election clearly is very interesting.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. WillNever Valued Senior Member

Yes. Over the last fifty years, we Americans have suffered from a general trend of losing liberties, not gaining them.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. adoucette Caca Occurs Valued Senior Member

Can you be specific about what liberties you think we've lost in the last 50 years?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. adoucette Caca Occurs Valued Senior Member

Except that we have always treated POWs that way.

Arthur

8. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

9. adoucette Caca Occurs Valued Senior Member

Nope.

The Act still requires a district court judge in the United States to issue such surveillance orders[31]

10. The Esotericist Getting the message to Garcia Valued Senior Member

Close? Anyone that isn't paying attention doesn't know, it's already here. All it takes now is a major crisis to switch it into action.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Trust Us - We Will Take Care of Everything - You Don't Need a Constitution Anymore - You Have Us

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

The Ruling Class Wants Direct Access to Our Military - To Use it Here!!
    They Aren't Afraid of Terrorists - They Are Afraid of What We Are Going To Do To Them When We Find Out What They Have Really Done To Us.
    http://www.veteranstoday.com/2011/12/01/the-truth-about-the-national-defense-authorization-act/

11. The Esotericist Getting the message to Garcia Valued Senior Member

The Patriot Act is so last Decade. Each year they are constantly updating those provisions. You need to look at the provisions in the last National Defense Authorization Act. Keep up with the times. :bugeye:

12. adoucette Caca Occurs Valued Senior Member

I have.
    It has to do with detaining POWs that were specifically involved with Al Qaeda and 9/11 attacks if they are apprehended on US soil.

It doesn't apply to US Citizens.

13. The Esotericist Getting the message to Garcia Valued Senior Member

The National Defense Authorization Act is the Greatest Threat to Civil Liberties Americans Face http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2011/12/05/the-national-defense-authorization-act-is-the-greatest-threat-to-civil-liberties-americans-face/

The New National Defense Authorization Act Is Ridiculously Scary

Read more: http://articles.businessinsider.com/2011-12-02/politics/30466471_1_guantanamo-bay-google-news-military-prisons#ixzz1gcGm9snK

Guantánamo for US citizens? Senate bill raises questions

14. The Esotericist Getting the message to Garcia Valued Senior Member

Flat out. . . you couldn't be more wrong. Nothing more to discuss.

15. adoucette Caca Occurs Valued Senior Member

Except none of that is true.

16. The Esotericist Getting the message to Garcia Valued Senior Member

I've posted my sources, where are yours? Put up or shut up.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2011
  17. 786 Searching for Truth Valued Senior Member

http://www.collegian.com/index.php/...itizens_as_fox_news_continues_war_on_ron_paul

I wonder how this will turn out. But if democrats don't register republican and try to help Ron Paul win the nomination I wonder they would be 'given the opportunity'. Anyways this election is very interesting.

18. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

19. adoucette Caca Occurs Valued Senior Member

20. 786 Searching for Truth Valued Senior Member

Who's the war against? So basically saying US is war against everyone? And if we think you're bad you're screwed... I mean seriously. How do you know that 'they' are at war with you, if they didn't even do anything but are only SUSPECTED to being an enemy....

POW in a battlefield is much more different. You're saying the whole damn world is a battlefield, including the US and US citizens. You're saying everyone is an enemy if you think they are and you don't have to prove shit.

Seriously stop defending the President on everything. This law is shit. This is Minority Report. You don't charge someone, you don't have a trial. All you require is suspicion. Seriously POW aren't based on suspicion, they are actually caught fighting. That means the gov can make you disappear and don't have to explain themselves.... Its like giving a free license for the gov to do whatever the hell they want to whoever the hell they want and not answer to anyone cuz all they have to say is 'POW'?

Where's Tiassa?

21. adoucette Caca Occurs Valued Senior Member

No it doesn't say that.

Indeed it is quite specific

(2) COVERED PERSONS- The requirement in paragraph (1) shall apply to any person whose detention is authorized under section 1031 who is determined--
    (A) to be a member of, or part of, al-Qaeda or an associated force that acts in coordination with or pursuant to the direction of al-Qaeda; and
    (B) to have participated in the course of planning or carrying out an attack or attempted attack against the United States or its coalition partners.

And

this section does not extend to citizens of the United States.

22. 786 Searching for Truth Valued Senior Member

Can you tell me how would YOU know they were 'planning'... Gov can tell you they did. They don't have to proof shit to you. Don't you understand that?

I as a US Citizen have no recourse. If the President had your wife kidnapped by the military and said she was 'planning' terrorist activities. What the hell are YOU going to do? They don't have to proof shit in court.

Don't you see the seriousness of the problem.. I mean come on man. Read past those 'words'.

23. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

If you are suspected of terrorist activities, they always could make you disappear.