Was the Exodus natural or supernatural, fact or fiction?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Greatest I am, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Facts that have been twisted to fit the bible according to the author of that clip.

If it was real then the God shown is quite the prick so I do not know why Christians would want to believe that it was real.

Regards
    DL

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

I've read articles asserting that the Jews were nothing more or less than gastarbeiters, along with migrants from other lands and cultures. The Egyptians had embarked on some massive building projects and needed workers to staff them. There is even evidence (these articles say) indicating that many of the managerial positions in the projects were given to Jews because in general they were better educated than the other folks. (This has always been true: In the Middle Ages in Europe when only scholars, priests and aristocrats could read and write, all Jewish men were expected to be literate.) The articles go on to say that the Jewish scribes had much to do with the evolution of the Egyptian written language, which was changing from logograms (like Chinese) to phonetic symbols.

Oh and by the way... the Old Testament is also Jewish mythology and, to a lesser extent, Muslim, Rastafarian and (perhaps) Baha'i mythology.

This makes absolutely no sense. The eruption and tsunami occurred in the Mediterranean Sea, pounding the island of Thera (now called Santorini) and causing so much damage to the rich civilization of the Minoans that it eventually collapsed. It's the most likely source of the Atlantis legend.

There is no way this could have had any significant impact on the Red Sea, because there is no connection between the Red and the Mediterranean. Of course there is today. We call it the Suez Canal, but it was built in 1869, thousands of years after the pyramids were completed.

Tsunamis don't travel very far over dry land.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Dinosaur Rational Skeptic Valued Senior Member

Fraggle Rocker: It surprises me that you did not read my post more carefully. Note the initial line of that post.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.