Was moon landing a fake?

Discussion in 'General Science & Technology' started by Arne Saknussemm, Jul 17, 2014.

1. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

My point is that if you can build a SaturnV, you can get to the moon. As I recall, when the Soviets launched Sputnik the West was concerned becaue it meant they had a big enough rocket for an intercontinental nuclear attack; the Air Force became obsolete (though that turned out to be an exaggeration).

If you have the vehicle, driving it is secondary.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Arne Saknussemm trying to figure it all out Valued Senior Member

Or so I used to tell my high school sweetheart when I couldn't afford gas for the car. Oh Peggy, where are you now?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. C C Consular Corps - "the backbone of diplomacy" Valued Senior Member

"The Eagle has landed." It's probably been well over five years since I routinely encountered a lunaraptorphobe in a wholly different system of discussion groups. Would be a nostalgic hoot to see that same one show up here, though I expect she'd be banished fairly quickly. If this particular fixation didn't do her in, then her theory that white people came from Mars with the assistance of ancient astronauts definitely would. I bet either Clueluss Husband or Yazata still remembers that blend of Zecharia Sitchin and radical alternate biblical interpretation flying by through this or that or old club or newsgroup.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Arne Saknussemm trying to figure it all out Valued Senior Member

White folks came from Mars? And now they're the ones trying to go back there! Good riddance. Maybe the Earth could then return to the nature-fostering ways of the various aboriginal cultures that whitey has either wiped-out or bastardized.

Trouble is, I'm white, (well. an appealing slightly tanned olive-beige if the truth be told) and I don't wanna go live on Mars! :bawl:

8. C C Consular Corps - "the backbone of diplomacy" Valued Senior Member

I'm an eighth indigenous and (what seems almost askew at times) have tribal membership from that, so I'm hoping to not get deported back to the red planet by the legions of Priestess Anita.

9. forrest noble Registered Senior Member

Awhile back when footage of the Indian moon flyover photographed a couple of the Apollo landing sites, on one of the sites it was said that photographic blow-ups revealed individual foot prints among other detail and proof. It was good that it was an Indian flyover otherwise skeptics would have said that the photographs were doctored.

http://www.space.com/14874-apollo-11-landing-site-moon-photo.html

10. danshawen Valued Senior Member

Not only did we go to the moon, but we did it with less computing power than you carry around in the cellphone in your pocket.

Some people still believe the world to be flat. It's a great simplification-- only one time zone to worry about!

11. exchemist Valued Senior Member

Arne, I'm a bit worried about Aq Id. His posts for the last few weeks seem to have got longer, become rambling in character and rather paranoid about Christian fundamentalists. He never used to be like this.

Something is eating him, I think. I do hope it is only temporary, as he has been one of our best contributors.

12. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Maybe he has grown Intolerant of the continued anti science efforts from closet Creationists under so many different guises, but all with the same underlying goal, of invalidating some scientific concept, while giving scientific legitimacy to religious myth.
    Sometimes innocents may get caught in the crossfire.
    Personally, I abhore this rather insidious method these closet Creationists are using, and as most would know, even had one PM me in the hope of converting me. :shrug:

13. Arne Saknussemm trying to figure it all out Valued Senior Member

Never used to be like that? Granted, but it's a fine line of difference. His posts seem about the same length as always to me - with their manic point-by-point, quote-by quote rebuttal and what he supposes is super-polite explanation and edification but is in fact veiled self-righteous arrogance. I never thought of him as 'paranoid' about fundamentalist so much as obsessed with them. I am not a fundamentalist, at least not in the red-neck sense so often associated with such beliefs (or so I like to think), but I have always disliked how he gets away with calling them 'fundies' (obviously meant in a derogatory way). Would he get away with this sort of language if he used a derogatory term for homosexuals, Italians, Africans, or Moslems or Jews? And I flat out disagree with you about him being a good contributor. (I have just explained why). However, I have been making an effort to be friendly to him despite brucep's trolling busy-body scorn of my effort. It has been hard since he goes right on talking about fundies, and yes, he does ramble. I have hardly understood his replies to CC and sscully. I agree with (Steve Scully?) that Id's reference to Adam and Steve was an accusation of homosexuality - as much as Aqueous Id tried to backpedal from it. And it was in some, if I recall, cosmological thread that sscully had started. I hope you and I are not wrong to discuss this publicly, but here we are. If any one objects, well I am now a proud member of the Karma Klub. I will sit a self-imposed ban if there is a bad reaction to this post (by anyone other than brucep

)

14. Arne Saknussemm trying to figure it all out Valued Senior Member

I'm sure you don't mean me, but who the heck do you mean? I am unaware of such people. Please explain.

15. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Let's look at one that is presently active
    sscully in the Newton thread....

16. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

There are more that are quite obvious, but let me just add, that adding to this apparent anti science endeavour are the handfull of Alternative hypothesis pushers that claim all cosmology is wrong.

Let me also say that with regards to myself and my part in some of this "intolerance", I do not go to the religious thread, inflaming hatred and deriding Creationist beliefs, although I do realise there are a couple that persist in that.
    AId as far as I know, is not one of them.
    So you can see the reason for any supposed intolerance when these Creationists of all sorts, come to the science sections, incognito, trying to impart scientific credibility to their cause and generally rubbishing science.

17. Arne Saknussemm trying to figure it all out Valued Senior Member

@exchemist, paddoboy:

I see now what you two are getting at. I had just come online and hadn't seen the Sir Isaac Newton thread's latest developments. It's the cosmological thread I was referring to. I mis-remembered the topic; my bad. I think sscully is sincere in wanting to discuss Newton and I agree with whoever said that when you are talking about people in earlier times it's hard to separate their religious beliefs from their scientific knowledge. Let's just say they lived in a Christian milieu and leave it at that. So what I see is sscully wanting to discuss Newton's work and many people disagreeing with his conclusions. All well and good, but exchemist is right AI is uncharacteristically hostile, practically foaming at the mouth. I would be concerned for him as a friend, except, well, none of us are really friends, jut cyber-friends. My concern is that AI is ruining an otherwise interesting discussion with mostly polite but differing opinions with his aggressive rants and never-ending hostility toward religious beliefs. Isn't there something in the rules about continually going on and on and repeating the exact same points you have made before? AI is actually making Krash look civil!

18. leopold Valued Senior Member

maybe he is starting to see the reality of the situation.

19. Arne Saknussemm trying to figure it all out Valued Senior Member

What situation? That there is a living God?

20. youreyes amorphous ocean Valued Senior Member

...Having lost all hope in humanity, having felt the pain of what others wanted him to do, and the heaviness in the shoulders that remained everyday...he entered a church of God, its doors wide open and inviting into its calamity inside. As he entered the edifice, the world of everything behind him collapsed and all that was left were emotions that ran down on the floor with tears of all the pain of days past. Sitting there amongst friends and sipping through the tangerine taste of words of the Priest, he felt tranquility and peace simmer through the cathedrals stained glass, passing deep through him. And if there were any days that he has felt God in his heart, they were now and this moment lasted a lifetime.

21. Arne Saknussemm trying to figure it all out Valued Senior Member

Wow. You can't have just made that up!

22. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Im sure Magical Realist also remembers "Aneta".!!!

One of the more troublin thangs she posted was the link in her sig that went to the "hot pics" of her in a skin-tight low-cut yellow outfit... an one of 'em was captioned wit "You want me... dont you"

One link she posted that i wish i had saved was the full size pic (3000x2000?) of the jpg below... she believed it was real... but it was interestin to look at the "original" to see what a good photo-shop job it was.!!!

http://www.whitenationnetwork.com/paper/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/a513.jpg

23. C C Consular Corps - "the backbone of diplomacy" Valued Senior Member

Yep. Only left MR out because he's on unrequested vacation. :wave:

Sigh. All those years of assorted mayhem, pathological science, deranged politics, soaring drama queens and classic bloopers deleted forever on a monthly basis by that automated Shiva of alt-discuss. :argue:

Also from the inevitable demise of that ludicrously outdated but remarkably persevering LBB.