Visceral and Shorty's 'Men are a Pain' thread!!

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by visceral_instinct, Feb 28, 2009.

1. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

Up your ass.

Why should I be ladylike? It mutilates girls and women mentally.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. domesticated om Stickler for details Valued Senior Member

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

No. I'm ladylike and I'm not mutilated. I don't want to be like a guy.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

You are ladylike as in obviously female, or you are ladylike in that you deny yourself the expression of certain normal human emotions because they are 'not feminine'?

8. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

What human emotions do you consider not feminine?

9. jessiej920 Shake them dice and roll 'em Valued Senior Member

Death to the word 'ladylike'. I cringe at that word. I despise that word. I want to kick people in the face who direct it at me. What the hell does that word even mean? Someone please tell me, where in the dictionary of life, does it dictate what it means to be a lady? Lady is not the same thing as woman and it all differs based on culture and or religion and or society's social structure at the time. AHHHH!!! Run from the people who demand that you staunch your human emotions and reactions only to fit into a tiny square box labled 'ladylike' constructed by some archaic assholes with their thumbs up there asses.

Oh shit, was all of that not ladylike? Yeah? Bite me.

10. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

LOL.... Jessie and V_I would make good friends.

11. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Any

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

12. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

Over-agression, rudeness, those kind of things.
    Not everyone likes overly feminine women though, the prissy type who bitch about how they can't lift something or they might break a nail, or how they refuse to take out the trash because it's "eww gross", or freaking out/crying at bugs and spiders; Unless you've just been bitten by a black widow or something I'm going to think you're a loser.

13. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

If I'm ladylike it means I am either bored, zoned out or not interested.

14. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

I tell my daughter she's not very ladylike sometimes. I swear, the way that girl sits in a dress is appalling.

15. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Yeah me too! Too many prissy princesses out there in my opinion.
    I cut the grass, do landscaping, paint the garage doors etc etc. Nails can always be glued back on.

I used to be a Tom Boy in school and played all kinds of sports. I usually look like a wreck around the house, but when I go out somewhere I always put the effort in to look as good as I can. There is a middle ground between being a Priss and a Butch.

16. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

Not many people can manage it though.

17. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

YAY!!

I totally agree with you. Glad to know I'm not the only one who feels oppressed by that god damn word.

Double yay. It makes me feel better to know that not everyone wants females to be cream puffs.

There were 2 of these overly feminine twits in the supermarket. They were fussing and clucking cos the automatic doors had seized shut.

I said 'Here, let me get them open', stuck my hands between the doors and gave them a good shove. Problem solved. The way they said 'thank you', you'd think I was Superwoman or something.

18. justwonderingjoe Gosh,the weather is nice today Registered Senior Member

Being aggressive is needed by females to protect their kids. Have you ever protected your kids from a jerky adult or what ever? Moms, grandmoms, aunties etc.. need to have those skills. It shouldn't be viewed as a bad thing.

19. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

Indeed. But there is a huge gulf between traits that are necessary and traits that are feminine. A lot of people still seem to hate the idea that women/girls are anything but vulnerable little fluffballs, even when that is a really negative thing.

20. justwonderingjoe Gosh,the weather is nice today Registered Senior Member

Yikes!!!!Are you saying they're people out there who hate women that don't portray the stereotypical female?

21. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

Agression is largely considered a masculine trait, and not one men will generally regard as attractive. That doesn't mean it doesn't have it's uses, and I did say over-agressive.

Protectionism is generally seen as positive, but if she breaks someones legs just for looking at their kid that's a little OTT.

22. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

Aw man that happened to me, I just thought of the southpark episode where they say japanese people have no souls and wondered if my family weren't telling me something about our heritage.

I think most guys are just happy to get laid by someone attractive so they don't care how dumb and stupid women can be.:shrug: I like women somewhere in the middle, prissy women are bad and seem almost brainwashed, but I really don't want to be thinking "dyke" when I look at someone either.

23. jessiej920 Shake them dice and roll 'em Valued Senior Member

LOL. I knew you would. This is why we are friends