Very Great US Depression

Discussion in 'Business & Economics' started by kmguru, Feb 26, 2008.

1. kmguru Staff Member

2008: Full global impact phase of the Very Great US Depression

One year ago, LEAP/E2020 anticipated that the year 2007 would mark the US entry into what our team then called “the Very Great US Depression”. At that time, the dominent spirit was overwhelmingly euphoric. The word « subprime » was still unknown among the general public and experts estimated that the US housing crisis would bear no consequences for the rest of the US economy (and they simply refused to very idea that it could have the least global impact).

In the course of 2007, facts however proved that a global systemic crisis was indeed throwing down all the principles the global economy was based upon since 1945; and that, along with the GEAB’s analyses in September 2007 (GEAB N°17), the seven sequences of the impact phase of the global systemic crisis would simultaneously reach climax in the course of the year 2008.

One aspect, and a catalyst, of this global systemic crisis is the United States’ stepping into an unprecedented ( [1]) socio-economic crisis in 2007, hitting hard on households ( [2]) as a result of the housing bubble burst and of their increasing insolvency, soon followed by financial operators’ insolvency, due to the pure and simple evaporation of USD hundreds of billion-worth in assets.

In 2008, in addition to these two types of US players, companies will be hit as are caught in the crossfire between credit crunch and the collapse of housedold consumption, as well as public organisations whose fiscal revenues crumble. From now to this summer in particular, the financial crisis triggered by the US subprime mortgage loans will turn into a much wider-ranging crisis involving the implosion of the Credit Default Swaps (CDS) market. This will represent a now tipping point in the impact phase of the global systemic crisis (see detailed analyses in the rest of the GEAB N°21).
    -----------------------------------

We have been talking about this for a while now....

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

And whoever is President will take the blame as usual.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. kmguru Staff Member

This time the established candidates are staying away for the Lion's mouth. If Obama comes to power - blame the minority, Hillary, blame the female, McCain - blame the oldman....

And when problem spreads, blame America...

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

Can't wait.

8. DubStyle I may be wrong, but I doubt it Registered Senior Member

/not worried

9. kmguru Staff Member

Me too...stocked up for the next Great War...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Another word of it is the Long Emergency, predicted by James Howard Kunstler. Basically, in the near future, if not already, we will have passed the all time peak of fossil fuel energy production. It's all downhill from there. Our whole prosperity since WWII has been predicated on cheap and increasing energy supplies.

11. kmguru Staff Member

I have a feeling that militarily powerful countries (perhaps except Russia) will be cajoling or otherwise invading resource/energy rich countries really soon....I am sure there is untapped energy in Africa...

12. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

:bugeye:

Ahhh HELLOOOOO - Iraq war II??!?!?

13. kmguru Staff Member

A lot of people do not know this, we almost invaded Libya....

14. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

15. kmguru Staff Member

Two times:

1985 - During this period, according to a military source, the Joint Chiefs of Staff were asked to draw up various contingency plans. One was for an Egyptian invasion of Libya backed by United States air support and logistical assistance, including the use of helicopters to transport Egyptian soldiers. Such an invasion would take place along the Egyptian-Libyan border 600 miles from Tripoli, the Libyan capital.

16. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

ok now i have to ask why?

from my readings (rather slim on the middle east) libya would be one of the most boring countries. Never herd any large news reports on that country at all

This is probably my ignorance however

17. kmguru Staff Member

18. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

ok but what possable excuses could they have used?
    Or were they going to be honest about the reason?

19. kmguru Staff Member

Are you kidding? We all hide the truths. Look at what is happening in the mortgage industry and credit industry. People lost their jobs because American business used the excuses that they have to compete with Japan and Germany and hence have to send their jobs to China. No one wants to own up to the fact that people bought their houses hoping they will have jobs for the next 30 years or that if they lose a job, they can find one in 60 days....as people have done since 1950s...even with past recession.

But that did not happen...but everyone blames the Banks....that is not the whole truth.

In the meantime, Federal Reserve is dropping the interest rate repeatedly yet banks are pressured to deny new credit to their customers. How this is supposed to work? Banks are jacking interest rates to 33% the same as loan sharks plus too many extra fees.

We got in to Iraq not because of terrorism, we figured that if we spend say $500 Billion to secure the country for our needs, then we can atleast get the Oil out worth $3 Trillion. Mind you, we are not thieves, we will pay a good price to the Iraqis. But our war and country building expenses has to be paid by Iraqis. That is ethical. Just so it happens that we usually charge 60% to 100% profit fees. We normally charge 100% to 300% profit when our people do projects for UN, USAID, African Government etc where we loan the money to them so that they can pay us for useless service. The Africans are suckers because, the top layer takes some money and deposit them in Swiss Banks and leave the responsibility to future officials...

The world is complex...no one tells the truth....only what you want to hear....

20. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

How old are you? Have you never heard of Momar Qadafi?
    http://www.ronspot.com/foggie.html
    He was responsible for a series of terrorist attacks in the eighties. Ultimately, Reagan ordered an air strike on Libya intended to kill Qadafi. It killed his daughter instead. He didn't cause much trouble after that. Here's some info from wiki on it:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombing_of_Libya_(April_1986)
    And here's video of the actual attack as well as Reagan announcing it:
    http://www.missouriconservative.com/reagan/movies/06.wmv
    This is just a brief quote from the same speech:
    http://victorian.fortunecity.com/manet/404/t/Terrorists.wav

21. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

I was only 8 when the eighties finished you know

22. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

You had it coming.

23. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

Did you just turn 30 ?... you would unless the eighties refers to something else.