USS Liberty...what really happened?

Discussion in 'History' started by Jagger, Jan 15, 2004.

1. candy Valued Senior Member

Naval battles do occur in International Waters between combantant nations not against non-combantant ships.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Flintlock Registered Senior Member

I'm waiting for a reply...

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Preacher_X Registered Senior Member

iraq has broke 17 and Israel over 100. America though has protected Israel from UN action 33 times by means of Vetto. if it wasn't for US Israel wouldn't be here today.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Preacher_X Registered Senior Member

43% of Americans think that Israel is the biggest threat to world peace and in the European Union over 50% accordind to the EU think the same.

8. Brian Foley REFUSE - RESIST Valued Senior Member

It is fairly obvious Israel suspected this ELINT vessel to be passing intel on to the Egyptians at the time of the 67 war . Egypt was vying to be Americas main ally in that region and America was alwauys receptive to Egypt causing mistrust with Israel . Israel is only viable as long as the affluent and influential Israeli lobby has power .

9. subject Registered Member

Actually what Nasor wrote was this:

10. candy Valued Senior Member

by Nasor
    " the fact that Syria hadn't actually attacked Israel yet during the war. "

This was what I was refering to. How do you find it different or incompatible with my respose? If Syria had not joined in the attack on Israel why was the Golan attacked and occuppied? What may have been being planned about the Golan does not justify the attack on Liberty.
    There is no justification for a prolonged attack on a NEUTRAL SHIP IN INTERNATIONAL WATERS.

11. Flintlock Registered Senior Member

And what could the UN possibly do to Israel? Israel has what? 500,000+ troops? 500,000 of the best fighting infantry the world has ever known, with the best infantry rifles on the market today. Only the US, Russia, or China could possibly take on Israel, and even then they would suffer incredible losses. Someone must prove to me this rumor that US is the only reason Israel exists.

12. YOU'RE RIGHT, NOW WHAT?

WHERE DID YOU GET THESE FIGURE? SOUNDS MORE LIKE 43% OF AMERICANS FIND THE US IS A THREAT TO WORLD PEACE

TRUE, SO? I DON'T THINK THAT WHAT THE EUROPEANS THINK HAS MUCH VALIDITY HERE, WHAT MAKES YOU THINK THAT MAKES A DIFF? HMMM?

13. otheadp Banned Banned

14. otheadp Banned Banned

people, this is a big development
    doesn't anyone have anything to say?

15. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

"doesn't anyone have anything to say? "
    Ok: Kiss my ass, stupid Jew, you shot up my ship and killed my shipmates.

16. chutzpah, braggart, pride; it will be your downfall

Israel has a modern AF, Army, but there's only so much cover to hide under (you think you can find jagged valleys, mountain ranges to hide?). you picking a fight?

you're like a dumb little brother, boasting & bragging, but when the big boys take you on, there comes all your older brothers (US money, US arms, US supplies, US intelligence, US ships) to back you up, hide little girl, sissy braggart, stand tall behind your mommy's apronstrings, go ahead & start a fight you're just lucky the US had bigger fish to fry during the 'cold war', or you'd be toast for firing on the Liberty. keep it up, I'll think you are a little touched in the head too

17. otheadp Banned Banned

it's free registration

18. otheadp Banned Banned

didn't it feel good to say "stupid Jew"? just admit it.
    by the way, it's ironic what it takes to get some patriotism out of some ppl
    and they weren't your shipmates, hype. do not flatter yourself

here are some excerpts from the article
    i read on some anti-Israel sites that there were a pilot or 2 who flew that mission that came out and "confessed" (none of the sites mentioned any names though for some reason

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

)

well here you go - straight from the horse's mouth - no body has ever contacted him

yes, there must be! the Jews don't make mistakes...

read the whole article.... i really recommend it

19. Axes Registered Senior Member

The hood has been unvailed, and the little racist head has showed itself at last. Welcome to this forum Hypewader.

20. Spyke Registered Senior Member

21. otheadp Banned Banned

the hood has never been there in the first place

22. otheadp Banned Banned

Yes, question Israeli actions and it must be anti-Semitism
    you're taking his comment out of context stripping it down to a convenient form for you. weak.

It couldn't possibly be because the crew might honestly feel somebody screwed them
    it could. their command that sent them wandering in the dark into a dangerous place without notifying the Israeli army. but it's easier to bash Israel, right?

And now he starts threatening the crew? Are you kidding me?
    threatening? where'd you get that from? paranoia is a mother-f.

in broad daylight in international waters
    more like off the Gaza coast, on an escape route from the El Arish area

"international waters"... lol. you make it sound like they were somewhere far in the Atlantic ocean 500 miles from nowhere