USA - One person shot every 5.2 minutes

Discussion in 'World Events' started by James R, Nov 10, 2009.

1. phlogistician Banned Banned

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. phlogistician Banned Banned

Repeatedly? I missed the reference in the wiki article he linked to because it was under the section 'White Americans' and you know, we were looking for states where whites were a _minority_ so I wasn't looking for the information there.

Oh, and this oversight happened ONCE. So quit being a drama queen and exaggerating.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. phlogistician Banned Banned

I think you are confusing me with someone else. I'm merely trying to expose WillNever as a racist.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. phlogistician Banned Banned

Hey, I read the page, OK, I'm going to do more research.

Aren't you the buy that believes in alien visitation? Come on, planet Earth calling!

8. John99 Banned Banned

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

9. phlogistician Banned Banned

Clearly not.

Then just what the FUCK is your position in this debate John, you've said some rather contradictory, or well, tangential things. Say something, back it up, go on, you can do that, surely?

10. phlogistician Banned Banned

What a waste of bandwidth.

11. phlogistician Banned Banned

Changing your mind now? Only a page ago you assumed I was asking you if you thought I had a problem, but you've forgotten that already?

Write stream of consciousness drivel much?

12. John99 Banned Banned

:crazy:

13. phlogistician Banned Banned

What a waste of bandwidth. I think you may become one of the select few on my ignore list John, your posts are utterly worthless.

14. John99 Banned Banned

i post what i think fits. if a smilie suffices then why should i sit here and type?

so phlog is anti gun and also shoots and owns guns.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

15. quadraphonics Bloodthirsty Barbarian Valued Senior Member

Approximately 60,000 Americans have been injured in auto accidents since this thread was opened, and another 820 have been killed.

16. phlogistician Banned Banned

Or you could say something meaningful?

Clearly not, as I stated previously.

Oh, and goodbye, John, you are worthless, and on my ignore list from now on.

17. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

WillNever:

Australia is very far from ethnically homogeneous. Look it up.

18. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

quadraphonics:

Try to keep up.

You asked me a question, which was "Plenty of hunters do eat what they kill; is that not a legitimate use for guns?" (see your post #151). My answer is: "No. Killing sentient creatures for fun is barbaric, whether with a gun or a stick."

I did not declare your question off topic. I answered it.

What kind of legitimacy are you talking about? Moral and legal legitimacy are not the same thing, you know. Please be my guest and start a new thread if you wish to discuss this matter further.

I haven't endorsed the Australian gun legislation. What are you talking about?

Australia is demonstrably a free state, but we also have tough gun laws. There are plenty of countries that are similiarly free and have similarly strict gun laws.

There. That was easily dismissed, wasn't it?

There is no such need. That's the point of this thread. Catching on yet?

Owning one is far more than most Americans need.

I'm not sure what you're arguing here. Are you now arguing that even illegal gun ownership is justifiable, now? My my.

So you're not arguing that, then? Ok, nothing to see here. Let's move on, shall we?

There are more guns in America than people, I hear.

You're out of touch. The redneck demographic has been changing for some years now. Take a look outside your gated community once in a while.

Are we done yet?

Well, they are your statements. What else should I attribute them to?

It seems to me I have a much clearer view of US culture than you do- at least regarding attitudes to guns.

Meh. Whatever.

The OP doesn't mention the word "redneck", and the only mention of "disease" was a direct quote of something the previous Australian Prime Minister, who as it happens agrees with me about the American gun problem, said.

Correct. What made you think you and I are having a serious discussion? We're mostly trading insults and waving penises at each other, aren't we? That's what it seems like to me. I think you're winning. Do you feel big?

Have you ever watched Fox News? Have you ever read The Age? My assessment is that your judgment on this matter is entirely uninformed.

You're living in some kind of fantasy land if you think you can blame Fox News on an "Australian style of political journalism". (BTW, if I recall correctly, Rupert Murdoch is a US citizen.) I don't think you have much, if any, direct experience of the "Australian style of political journalism". I doubt you'd have a clue what is happening in Australian politics at any given time, let alone how Australian journalists are reporting it.

Fox News could never exist in Australia. It is entirely an American creature. Dare I say that those redneck gun-toting Americans you don't think exist form part of its core audience.

What crimes, by the way?

No, you're reckless uncaring towards people's lives because by your own admission you'd be willing to double the annual road toll with shootings before you'd acknowledge you had a gun problem.

Wrong.

Most of the time, no. Most gun accidents do not involve criminals.

Huh?

Your immigration and drug problems are not primarily a result of sharing borders. If you wish me to educate you on the real causes of those problems, please start a new thread.

Your ego is obviously large enough to assume that I reply to you because you control me and not because it amuses me. Here's a useful hint for the future: the world doesn't revolve around you. I know that it can seem that way, but remember you only live inside your own head, not anybody else's. When people talk to you, they have their own motives. You don't actually control them, much as it might please you to imagine that you do. If you allow this delusion to persist, it may well prove disadvantageous in the future.

Like what?

I think you have a thin skin, and you take any criticism of your culture as a personal slight. Your quick descent into childish insults provides ample evidence of that.

If you have any doubts what I'm about, try this: ask me. Don't assume what I think or believe. In general, I'm happy to answer questions. I have done nothing deceptive in this thread, and frankly I resent the implication that I am somehow dishonest.

How enlightening. Once again, the real you bubbles to the surface.

19. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

This is off topic. Please start a new thread if you wish to discuss auto accidents.

Thankyou!

20. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

You know ages ago i made a thread based on this. From memory the thread was "what would it take for you to shoot a polition\cop?". Surprisingly concidering this attitude it wasnt something many would actually go out and do under any cirumstances. Therefore i suggest that for many rednecks this is just an excuse, rather than a legitimate concern. Further more as either a different thread or part of that topic i asked "what would it take for the courts to let you off for shooting a cop or polly?" and the answer was prity much what i would expect in ANY country, ie self defence ONLY.

Lastly if the goverment is so dangerious and the gun is a legitimate part of the political proccess then shouldnt the killers of Abe and JFK be concidered heros even if missguided rather than traitors and madmen? Shouldnt they have been able to stand up in court and say "because of these acts of congress and the president i found that it was nessary to kill the president" and have the courts free them?

21. WillNever Valued Senior Member

Your point being what..? What I stated in so many words was that racial unrest breeds crime. I never stated "this is the case in 100% of the cities in the world." You providing an example of one city that deviates from that norm, inside of a racially bland country (the UK) doesn't invalidate my assertion that racial unrest breeds crime. It does. It has been going on in the USA for centuries... and we have decades of social science now to prove it. Therefore, it does not matter how many cities with large populations of culturally integrated Indians and Pakistanis you bring up. As a general rule, the pattern still holds true.

So on one hand, we have a correlation between racial diversity in America and crime. On the other end we have, well... nothing compelling at all, except for gun safety statistics in unrelated countries who already have uniformly less crime and less racial diversity. Such statistics are not useful.

There are tons of such cities, mostly in the South and the West. Texas and California are probably home to most of such cities. Santa Ana is one. I've actually been to Santa Ana. It's a crime-ridden, mostly Mexican shithole.

For one thing, the largest minority in the USA is hispanics, not afro-caribbeans. For another thing, the USA *IS* in a league of its own. You come from a culturally integrated country where race is a subdued issue and a much more minor political question than in the USA, where race pervades almost every social issue you can think of. Just look at our last election as one example. You are trying to transpose your British thought patterns onto American ideals and issues, and that just doesn't fly.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2009
  22. WillNever Valued Senior Member

That doesn't make sense, phlog. If they were legislating less control, then crime in Vermont should increase due to there being more gun availability.

That isn't happening, however. Crime is declining in Vermont, as is the case in all of the USA. Your theory doesn't make sense in this situation at all. The same holds true for Connecticut, another low crime, high gun availability state.

I can tell you one very important thing about these two states, however. They are almost completely white.

23. WillNever Valued Senior Member

I have. Roughly 92-95% of your country is of white European descent, English being the largest foreign national ancestry. Care to expound on this supposed ethnic diversity you have?

Or do you contest this figure? :mufc: