Universal Constant -Science and philosophy collide

Discussion in 'General Philosophy' started by Quantum Quack, Feb 21, 2009.

1. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

What your ego fails to allow you to recognise Bishadi, is that I am making no claim nor am I really saying anything. I have opened what is supposed to be a discussion. Unfortunately due to your current condition you can not see this.

I am not saying that zero is a constant I am merely suggesting that there may be reason to discuss it as a possibility.

What I actually know and believe is actually entirely irrelevant.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

any ways I have yet to see any articles with this issue and maybe you can suggest a few that might?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Tnerb Banned Banned

Dont bother with him QQ hes worse than me.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

that deserves a thread in it's own right Tnerb....!

8. theobserver is a simple guy... Registered Senior Member

And suppose if we get more curious and dig more than what we are suppose to know, will it bring in changes in our character or the nature of this world?

Suppose if we are not meant to know anything about DNA or atoms? Suppose if those knowledge were not necessary for finding the balance??? Then everything we know would turn against us right?

9. Tnerb Banned Banned

Started a thread general philosophy Re: The Meno or something.

10. shashanksingh Registered Member

What was before we arrived?

moving beyond the visible, looking beyond the wall of human vision is what we all dream and desire about.

In Hindu Mythology (india), " Bhagwad Geeta", Lord Krishna said " shrishti sey pehley Andhakaar bhi Kahan tha prakash bhi kahan tha, kya kuch nahin tha?" meaning their was no darkness their was no light, their was notihing, what nothingness was their?

That nothingness or the void is it actually abstract or real?

If the nothingness is the state before the universe arrived then what was that nothingness and what was before nothingness.

This universal question may hold the answers of space and void, the zeroth time space and the existince of human race.

The Zero may be the smallest number in the Number system but seems to hold the entire universe, the space in which the entire universe is wrapped in.

We say that the universe is ever expanding, that beyond the expansion, the space in which the universe is expanding, that Zeroth time space is what we all want to know, what is beyond this universe in which universe is expanding.

This Zeroth space not only existed before the universe came to existince but also exists today, its the same Zeroth time space in which today also the universe seems to be expanding.

If this Zero is all arround us (obviously beyond current human reach), but if it exists then we do have a chance to understand and reveal the this nothingness arround all of us.

11. Bishadi Banned Banned

that is what the 'hope' was initially all about, that one day we will.

not suggesting the 'zero to the end' all spelled out, but the process can be understood, that is what the quest of knowledge is all about

thanks for the addition and welcome

12. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

Yes it appears there is no way of just casting aside the notion as expressed by this threads main contentions. Zero, nothingess, Zeoth space, exnihilo, mathematics reliance, objectivity and so on all seem to form a concordance as it were with this notion.
    Even physics will agree that if time equals zero distance is also.

t=0 therefore d = 0

And as every single point in time is a t=0 when standing with out future or past we have essentially a zero dimensional universe that exists purely temporal in nature. That is to say that because it is constantly changing, moving or evolving it has existance for once it stops it ceases to exist.
    So to is the nature of consciousness and even life itself.

13. shashanksingh Registered Member

Zero Time Space

Good point.

See the Nothingness in its way cant be THE CONSTANT, because that nothingness or Zero creates so much of uncertanity, so much of changes inside it (read Universe) that initself nothingness cant be a constant.

Standing at a point to us may seem a constant, but when u loot at facts, when we stand still, we are thinking, our mind is working, bloods are circulating, winds arround us is blowing, the planets are moving and hence not the right example of nothingness.

The nothingness by its sher meaning is actually just the opposite, i.e too big and too vast to be actually called nothing.

its what surronds us, its what beyond us, its what we are (moving closer to metaphysics), "matter as such does not exist".

thats what makes this nothingness more vast and more big then its litteral meaning because its not about "being" but its about "not being"
    Regards, Shashank Singh

14. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

yet size is irrelevant to nothingness and zero.

From a "substance"point of view
    Distance is only available when time [matter] is present.
    otherwise space or volume is zero dimensional.
    But including time in this zero dimension does not remove the no-existance of nothing yet everything is collapsing towards just that - gravitational attraction.

15. theobserver is a simple guy... Registered Senior Member

so doesnt that mean we get 0=0 at the end?

16. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

when time runs out yes 0 = 0

17. theobserver is a simple guy... Registered Senior Member

Time doesn't exists unless we observe right?

18. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

Thats one of those big philosophical question which I have an opinion on like most people.

IMO the short answer is no . the universe is self observant therefore all mass including our own bodies is self aware of time.
    It is not required for us to observe time for time to exist as the universe is self observant via it's zero point entanglement and observes eveything anyways with or with out us individually.
    can it act upon this self observation? Short answer and only my opinion, is no it can't only sentience can do that. Thus metaphorically God can only act via or through those who have sentience or volition or in most cases just plain instinctive self animation [ animals, insects, etc etc].

refer the robot analogy thread mentioned earlier concerning objectivity.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2009
  19. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

Taking zero as a universal constant opens the door to so many things and understandings that this thread woudl run for ever attempting to explain every connection. This is not it's purpose.

It is merely attempting to ask if logically the OP makes sense.
    That logically zero can be seen as a possible constant that underpins this universe. If so then maybe it can be ventured into other more profoiund discussions. But first things first...