unanswerable question!!!!!

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Tom, Oct 21, 2001.

1. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

An unstopable force and an immovable object together form a logical contradiction. It is impossible for both to exist in the same universe. If an object is immovable, by definition it can stop any force. If a force is unstopable, by definition it can move any object. You can't have both at the same time.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

the unstoppable force

would carry on, spreading over the surface of the immovable wall.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Tom Guest

unaswerable question...

I will have to catch up but here goes...
    the thibg about the moving forces accelerates, this isn't happening as I didn't state that the force is accelerating because its not.
    Time is a funny thing, and so should only be explored carefully. The objects are both 3 dim, and as I said they will meet you must assume that the direction of its starting point is towards the 'wall'.
    Lets assume that they can(and i hope that they will do)meet.
    You lost me on that horizon thing, whats that got to do with anything?
    They are both physical objects which have no relation with energy(even though they do) they can actually touch, but what do they do at that very time in space? (you can slow down time asmuch as you like to explain yourself)
    They can exist in the same time and dimentions, even if there theoretical(exuse spelling).
    lastly-to the last post so far...if it were to spread over the 'wall' its direction would change or alter, so sorry.

Thanks guys, more comments, bring em on....

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. csreech Registered Member

What is your opinion TOM?

I have plenty of theories but before you shoot mine down I'd like to hear yours. By the way nobody actually knows the real answer, it is all speculation, and based on the rules all we can do is guess.

csreech@hotmail.com

8. Xerxes asdfghjkl Valued Senior Member

I have a hard time explaining exactly what I want to say. The earth example was totally mixed up and basically unrelated so heres another explanation. Imagine a beam hitting a wall. Given this is an empty universe it is in and that space is empty, then the beam would hit the wall. now imagine impact....somethings got to happen, so theoretically if they both move round with the impact point never changing, then the beam would still be moving but never changing but it all has to be in perfect perpendicular or whatever position while it circles in pi formation so that it can still move without changing positon. relative to eachother. I know what it is but I have a hard time expressing myself. Besides I just came back from school so I'm pooped. I'll write a better explanation later. Believe me I know what I'm talking about.

9. csreech Registered Member

This Is An Extremely Difficult Question!!

I have given this a lot of thought so here is my theory....

Lets assume that the force is solid matter as opposed to wind. Something of mass proportion. Lets also assume that since the force is unstoppable that it is traveling at the speed of light at it's starting point and the farther it goes than the faster it goes. That makes sence so far. When something travleles faster than light speed it slows time down, right? So therfor by the time it gets to the wall it is very well possible that time has halted and the force will never hit the wall. In fact if it goes fast enough than it is possible that it could go back in time.

This theory is assuming that the force is going at this tremendous speed.

Tough to explain but if you look into it it makes some sence. Just a thought.

10. machaon Registered Senior Member

If they met

They would provide an answer to your question.

11. Xerxes asdfghjkl Valued Senior Member

Pretty good theory but this force cant be teleported and it specifically states that the two forces should meet. This means that no matter what the theory, these forces will meet in theory in their particular 'universe' and I use a quotation to emphasize the fact that I only believe in this one universe. I cant say that something like this is impossible in our universe but my theory is the best I've seen so far.

12. kmguru Staff Member

The real answer is: No such items exist. They are all imaginery...the product of a torture mind....when physical laws do not apply....

13. Xerxes asdfghjkl Valued Senior Member

what laws?? we're just going by philosophy.

I'm reminded of that Einstein quote "1000 experiments cant prove me right but it takes only one to prove me wrong" or something like that, so basically unless you've discovered 'everything' the you cant say that something doesnt exist.

14. Tom Guest

agree

I agree with you Elbaz, basicaly i've askeda question and I want a reply. They might exist in this universe(I hope as then i can see the 'true' answer. You probably say that they cannot exist becasue you cannot concieve it... if we went back to the medieval age and showed off our latest invetions they would be godsmacked...and thats what not 'that' long ago. So image a race (this is just an example and im not saying these force/s are man(alien)made.) If they were..say...10 million years in advance to use there things would be %&£*& amazing...so say 100 billion years, is it too rediculous to say anythings impossible.

One of my theorys is , nothing is impossible, or totaly certain. but thats for some other time.

Keep bringing em in...please

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Tom

15. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

Ok I'll try again,

when these two forces meet they fuse, creating another dimension where the one force can just keep on going forever while the other one is holding it back forever. It's a dimension of paradoxes.

16. Tom Guest

no...

you see, the wall can never let anything through..right, it doesn't matter which dimension, the same with the other force, it cannot be stopped, no where this dimention is created or it just 'switches' i dont know, but either way the dimention which we are in will have the force being stopped, not allowed, or in the other as this one the wall will break, so im arfaid not...

17. Tom Guest

does age matter?

you know in only 15,

do you think that would matter?

Tom

18. Tom Guest

i got to go

im sorry people, im outta here.

you can e-mail me if you want...

www.divine_key@yahoo.co.uk

thanks, will continue tomorrow, GMT+0, cya

19. Tom Guest

do you think they could exist, in this universe?

could they exist?

could...