UN Declaration of Aboriginal Rights

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Brian Foley, Oct 21, 2007.

1. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Regrets, but the Jewish genetic signature is indistinguishable from that of the Palestinian. Genetics illustrates no evidence of "recess"; in fact, the system sounds unrooted. Sorry.

They are also genetically similar to both Ashkenazim and Occidental Jews.

I'm curious: do you have evidence of genetic association between Caanites and Palestinians? I've never seen this yet and I'd be keen to see such evidence, if you're citing it in support of your claim.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Every country has some mass genocide or other in its history. Hell, the entire human species (homo sapiens) probably wouldn't even exist had we not commited genocide against the Neanderthals!

So get off your high horse about crap that happened hundreds of years ago on the other side of the world and open your eyes to the atrocities occuring in your own country right now.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

Really ? What about singapore ?
    It isn't perfect, but i don't recall more than a few hundred deaths occuring at once.

Unless of course that falls in your definition of other..

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

On topic though,
    Yes, Absolutely shameful , add this to howards march into NT with the intention of using brute force to set things right..Although action is needed i doubt this is the right way to go. Labour hasn't comeup with better solutions
    An intenational boycott doesn't work against a country like australia not with its ties to the US and with many of its Asian neighbours having several atrocities under their belt.

8. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Singapore became an independent republic on 9 August 1965. The new republic was admitted to the United Nations on September 21 that same year. So it has a very short track record.

9. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

Hoping to see a rebellion of the people against political censorhip eh buffalo ?, In a population of 3 million only a minority are politically active.By that i mean opposed to the government's continuing rule.. the same party has been in power since inception. Yet, no massacre, Perhaps dictators could learn a thing or two from singapore.

10. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

I love your 12 year old logic, your really are pathetic in your logic, You use a Country as a example that is barely 50 years old, again not much of a track record, to make any compairison, there are a lot of countries with less than a 100 years of existiance who have major historys of killing their own, Syria, Iraq, Iran, Pakistan, India, Malaysia, Southern African, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Angola, Democratic Republic of Congo, let see in a 100 years.

11. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

All of those countries have a record of extensive western exploitation and abuse.
    Singapore was slightly more lucky and let off as a trading post, albiet the lynchpin of british defense.

12. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

I think Buffalo's point was that other civilizations are also guilty of genocide and massacre - not all, but very, very many. Only give humans a chance and a reason, and they will fulfill all your darkest imaginings.

13. Atom Registered Senior Member

I don't understand why the Jewish people had to have their very own country. It's a bit like saying that gypsies should all live in one Country.

I'm starting at A in the hope of arriving at B and not Z.

14. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

How many that completely displaced millions and put the the original natives into reservations?

15. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Only 5% of the original population of Israel was native, the rest were immigrants. Thats the recess.

google for the origin of palestinians.

16. Atom Registered Senior Member

hmm..interesting.

Err..I'm confused so bear with me...what religion were the Arabs prior to Islam?

17. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Jewish, Christian or pagans; Persians were Zoroastrians

18. Atom Registered Senior Member

Like Freddie Mercury!

I like the Zoroastrians..very peaceful and pious but I guess you would be if you were a tiny minority..

...very good swordsmen..I remember the Prisoner or Zoroastria!

Ahem...no, the Mark of Zoroastria!

..it takes awhile but I get there in the end.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Last edited: Oct 22, 2007
  19. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Arabs. Not Palestininians or Syrians, it's Arab land. As it was under Saladin as well.

20. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Who was living there before 1948? Arabs.

History that was 2000 years ago is irrelevant.
    So yes, Palestine is Arab, and has been Arab since the Crusades.

21. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

How many are still engaging in genocide right now?

22. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

In Iraq? Aghanistan? 25 countries in 50 years?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

23. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

There's no genocide going on in Afghanistan or Iraq. If anything, our presence there now is helping to prevent one.