UFOs (UAPs): Explanations?

Discussion in 'UFOs, Ghosts and Monsters' started by Magical Realist, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

More UFO videos and information to be released in 2020. While I look forward to the evidence, I don't expect it to be conclusive. But it's definitely worth studying and looking into.

https://interestingengineering.com/scientists-will-release-3-terabytes-of-new-ufo-data-in-2022

"In a blog published on Medium, self-proclaimed UFO researcher Ryan Sprague announced that UAPx, an organization responsible for researching UFOs, or UAPs (unidentified aerial phenomena — as the government refers to them), would soon be publicly releasing new data on said UFOs.

"When legally allowed, UAPx will provide, to the world, our reviewed and analyzed data as well as all raw data once we identify and secure storage and servers adequate to the task. It is the opinion of UAPx that the data our team collected, processed, and analyzed, is the most significant collection of scientific data regarding the UFO/UAP phenomena. UAPx adhered to strict scientific methodology in collecting the data, enabling expert analysis, and fostering peer review for potential publication in one or more scientific journals," said a press release for UAPx according to Sprague..."

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. foghorn Valued Senior Member

The UAPx site: https://uapexpedition.org/

MR is already way ahead of those guys.
    Notice the stressed ''ARE'' below:

Last edited: Dec 18, 2021
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Do you somehow know they AREN'T craft?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Very wise

Think any conclusive evidence would have been disseminated world wide 5 minutes after being confirmed

JFK assassination papers (? 1,500 pages) have been released and apparently there are a few thousand still withheld

So the cry goes up "What are they hiding?"

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. foghorn Valued Senior Member

You are the one making and standing by your statement that ufos ''ARE'' craft.
    Why don't you send UAPx a link to this thread.

9. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

So what? I'll post whatever I like here within Sci Forums rules.

10. foghorn Valued Senior Member

That Strawman doesn't work here, no one is stopping you posting.
    Your way (MR) is not to assume ufos are craft, but ''ARE'' craft with no assumption about it.
    Others here, like to look at the offered evidence before assuming they ''ARE'' are craft.
    I can live with them being ufos, and that's not being glib about it.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2021
  11. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

I live with them being unidentified too, but that doesn't rule out accepting the characteristics they show themselves having. Exhibiting flight characteristics beyond our technology is one of these. Being a craft of some sort is another..

Last edited: Dec 20, 2021
  12. Yazata Valued Senior Member

I don't think that all UAPs/UFOs have a single kind of explanation.

"Craft", "vehicles", "UAVs" or whatever, is still very much a viable option for some of the cases, such as the 'tic-tacs'. That's probably my personal favored hypothesis at this point for those sightings. Like I've argued all along, I think that a terrestrial origin is most likely. By no means certain though.

Extraterrestrial less likely (but not zero probability either). I don't give very much weight to the 'temporal', 'supernatural' or 'extradimensional' hypotheses at this point, but I wouldn't rule them out entirely either. They could rise in the charts as more information becomes available. It's certainly possible that we are facing something new here, something unexpected that we've never encountered before. Something that might not have a comfortable place all prepared for it in our current ontology and worldview.

The "nothing to see here" option is just as unevidenced as the others. It seems to be based largely on particular individuals' own subjective beliefs about what is more or less likely. It certainly remains a viable contender though and I wouldn't want to flatly dismiss it.

Overactive imagination is probably the most likely explanation for many/most UFO sightings. Alien abductions, the Reptoids, ones with clear religious motivations, stuff like that.

But I don't want to prematurely dismiss the best sightings (such as the tic-tacs) that way. Sightings reportedly seen by multiple observers visually, on infrared and on radar, captured in photographs --- and by so doing close my mind to what appears to be a fascinating mystery that may well turn out to be important.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2021
    Magical Realist likes this.
  13. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

My 2 cents, from 4 years experience Radio Technician - Ground RAAF

fascinating mystery NO - equipment glitches and pilots mis attributing other situations (other aircraft in vicinity) to be the cause of the glitch

14. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Yeah..forty foot long tic tac glitches, metallic disc glitches, rotating top glitches, cube inside a sphere glitches, black triangle glitches, etc and etc.

15. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Correct

16. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Ummmmm can you please highlight the part(s) in my post where I mentioned ALL (ie forty foot long tic tac glitches, metallic disc glitches, rotating top glitches, cube inside a sphere glitches, black triangle glitches, etc and etc.) are attributable to equipment glitches and pilots mis attributing other situations (other aircraft in vicinity) to be the cause of the glitch?

Since Yazata had put tic-tacs in his post I was in essence responding to that portion of post

Guess context and nuance to subtle
    * sigh *

17. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

That would definitely refer to more than the tic tac sighting and include what Yazata referred to as "the best sightings".

18. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

* deep sigh *

19. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Is that your final answer?

20. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Would you place this apparition as UFO with your collection? or a angel?

Beginning in the spring of 1916, three Catholic shepherd children living near Fátima reported apparitions of an angel, and starting in May 1917, apparitions of the Virgin Mary, whom the children described as the Lady of the Rosary.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracle_of_the_Sun

21. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

22. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

So true. Was under the impression you took eye witness reports as gospel because, your words to the effect "They were there and they know what they saw"

23. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

It wasn't an answer. You hypothesized that many sightings can be put down to glitches. I concurred.