UFO'S in OHIO Mid 1960's

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by HYPERBAND, Apr 18, 2002.

1. HYPERBAND Registered Senior Member

Hello All!
    I am looking for firsthand information regarding UFO sightings
    in the Lorain, Elyria area of Ohio from around 1965 to 1969.
    As a child I was witness to many unexplained occurrences. "Illuminated Objects Hovering at tree level
    In a wooded area near my home in Elyria". Anyone with any information to help me validate for myself that I was not the only one to see this. This was not a one time occurrence someone else must have seen something other than myself.
    Have a Great day!!!
    Hyperband

Last edited: Jul 1, 2003
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. vlar Registered Member

I saw UFO in Venice, Lorain, Sandusky Ohio in 1965-68.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. dinokg Registered Senior Member

My grandma saw a ufo sometime in the 1960 or 70 in Toledo Ohio.
    It was at 1 or 2 in the morning and she had just got up to get a drink of water. The object was at ground level in a field and had red and white blinking lights. She got my grandpa up but they decided to go back to bed before they were able to see anything else. In the morning my they checked the spot the object was in and ther was a burnt out cropcircle there.

Since then the area the crop circke was in has been turned into a parking lot for new stores.

There have been more recent ufo sitings in the area seen by my dad and his friends at work to.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. HYPERBAND Registered Senior Member

Thanks for the reply. I lived in Elyria Ohio from 1965 till around 1969. And witnessed multiple objects at tree top level over an old abandoned Sandstone Quarry. From there I moved to Vermilion, OH Directly on the lake shore and also observed at that location
    a multitude of objects over the Lake. However because of the way water reacts to light it could have been just about anything out there. My father was an Air Traffic controller at Oberlin Center in Ohio and would routinely tell me about Unidentified targets moving across the lake and surrounding area. Normally they would just vanish from the scope just about as fast as they appeared. I also lived in Las Vegas for 15 years and yes its a UFO Hot spot but it would seem that most UFO sightings over the Desert normally turn out to be Military Aircraft.

8. dinokg Registered Senior Member

According to some reports ufos can go under water. This would explane why they are seen disappering from radar.